Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any restaurant reviews for 2011?  (Read 28248 times)

Offline dabber29

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Any early season restaurant reviews 2011?
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2011, 06:06:23 PM »
Basically value for money really. The service was pretty much the same at all of these places. Obviously the views overlooking the harbour at Fener cafe may be more appealing to some than eating at the Our Home cafe/restaurant up near the school which doesn't have the views but personally I put the standard of cooking and service first.   

Offline Alan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »
3rd year in Kalkan and tried some new places, thanks to this forum, If you do fancy somewhere a little bit out of the village, The Lizo Hotel offers fantastic food and great views over the harbour (be it a few hundred yards away) My top 4 are Lizo, Bread and more (also a little bit out of the village) Musakka and value for money and very nice service has to be Fener.  To be honest, the problem is how many restaurants can you try in 13 days?

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »
Without doubt the best and cheapest lunch we had (several times) was at the new Pide restaurant just opposite the greengrocers. Was called Hunta something I think ???
 Bread and meze starters, pide for 1 and Chicken Shis with rice salad etc plus 2 soft drinks, all for 20 lira. Huge portions and delicious :) Always absolutely packed with people both day and night. Nothing fancy but delicious food :)
Top marks also to Fenner. Had lunch several times in past years but decided to try it for dinner this year and were not disappointed! Tremendous value for excellently prepared food and a great atmosphere.
Tried Isos again and had a wonderful meal. The owner is such a lovely man and we shared many stories of Kalkan over the years. Lamb shank thoroughly recommended :) The night we were there we were the only 2 people in and felt so sad that more people weren't around to enjoy this lovely restaurant.
Tried the new rooftop restaurant at the Dionysia, excellent food, a wonderful welcome and views to die for.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »

Tried the new rooftop restaurant at the Dionysia, excellent food, a wonderful welcome and views to die for.
[/quote]

This is the first time I've heard a comment regarding the Dionysia.
I have stayed there 3 times  but before the restaraunt opened. I am happy to hear your comments, be good to hear if anyone else has been. Well done Ahmet & Kate

;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline KalkanKath

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
We had an excellent meal at the Dionysia's rooftop restaurant recently - wonderful views and the service and food were very good. We'd definitely go back again.

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
We've had lots of good meals so far this holiday.  These include:
Fener cafe and Ali Baba - excellent value, great food and friendly service. (However: Fener cafe did have a few mosquitoes buzzing around, so best be prepared!)
The Ivy and Saffron - lovely meals with freebies - mid price range
Cafe Vita barbecue - great food and lots of it and some good musicians to entertain.  Staff are really friendly and helpful too.  However, the night we went it seemed as if everyone came early, stuffed themselves to bursting point and then moved on before about 9.30pm.  It seemed a shame that the musicians were performing to a very small, but appreciative audience.
Bread 'n more - great evening with good food and good musicians and staff who really knew how to get people to enjoy themselves.  Not cheap.
Doy Doy - Some lovely food and lots of it and great attentive staff.  Really nice feel to this restaurant although again not cheap! 
Hotel Kalube (Kalamar bay) beach club restaurant - little gem for lunch time.  Simple, good food and beautifully sited.
Just off to try somewhere else now!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »

Think we get the point no need for any more advertising  :)

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »
ditto

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2011, 04:44:12 PM »
Totally fed up of the dionysia self promotion. Telling us about it onece is enough! I'm surprised it has been allowed for so long. I for one won't be visiting, I prefer recommendation from others, not management.

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
Totally agree: do the management of the Dionysia think we're all so daft that we would visit a place just because the management keep promoting it?

We also won't be going there, as this constant self-promotion is SOOOOO annoying.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2011, 05:24:36 PM »
I also agree.   I had been making a note to try their wine tasting evening.   Sounded a good idea.   

I have now been rather put off.   Having told us about it what a pity it wasn't left at that.  I hope other restaurants will take notice that although we are happy to hear about new places it is very off-putting to have all this self promotion. 

Nevertheless I appreciate how hard it must be, especially for new restaurants, with all the competition in Kalkan.   I hope that any forum members who do try Dionysia will come back with glowing reports and encourage others to try it.    It would certainly be a handy place for me, not too far to walk and with a view.    Missed Atlantis roof top restaurant when there in June.    Good food, warm welcome, and a view.   

If I relent and try Dionysia I will certainly report back on the food and the wine.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
this thread  now has nothing to do with EARLY season reviews or otherwise!
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Re: Any restaurant reviews for 2011?
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »
 Thread Heading altered to reflect content   :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »
they have really messed up at this hotel with all this advertising,just the  people off EK who say they wont go has lost them money,but,maybe it should have been stopped a few days ago by the administrators at EK,it seems this ad has been allowed to run and run.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Agree about the constant advertising but have to say I had a wonderful meal there last month and wouldnt hesitate to return. As stated, maybe if it had been pointed out to whoever is making the posts earlier that the constant plugging isn't really acceptable then more people would go along to see for themselves.
Sometimes it's hard to get across the message that most people don't like feeling harrassed into trying something, including overly zealous greeters and market stall holders.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
The posts have now been removed.....but unless people press the orange "Report to moderator" button, it is easy to miss some of the posts.
When I come on the Forum, I tend to use the "Recent unread topic" option and if there are other posts after the offending ones or it is not a topic I am particularly interested in, I can miss things.
So please, use the report button and if possible try not to comment or post after them. It is easy to remove a last post on a thread but not as easy to remove one in the middle as the subsequent posts then don't make sense and sometimes have to be removed too.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
Thread Heading altered to reflect content   :)

Nice 1 Joan, I was thinking along the same lines. ......Just like receiving emails at work where the subject has nothing to do with the content or has changed
 ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant reviews - who do you believe?

Started by Alfaman on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 06:26:03 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Wanted- Restaurant reviews

Started by Lynne T on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

35 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 03:26:41 PM
by Rachey
xx
Restaurant Reviews - an idea

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
by Baggy
xx
2010 Restaurant reviews

Started by alshepuk on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

28 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 05:15:00 PM
by alshepuk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal