Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any restaurant reviews for 2011?  (Read 28245 times)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Any restaurant reviews for 2011?
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »
Hello Kalkan lovers who have returned or still visiting it would be lovely to hear some of your views so far for the restaurant experiences this year good bad or indifferent and to hear how the prices are compared to last. I for one cannot wait and already have a long list of where we want to try this year bit would be good to hear some reviews so far. :-\

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7811.0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:12:42 PM by joanH »

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Any early season restaurant reviews 2011?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »
Hi,
We spent 2 weeks in Kalkan at the beginning of the month. We were really impressed with Gironda, having not been a great fan, in the past. Jimmy is now in charge and the head waiter is Gin, from the Samira. Went to both Moussakas and Pisces, all excellent,very good organic vegetables from the family garden. Kosk and Bosphorous, the Samira outlets, were as usual very good. The Nar steak was lovely and Foto's lunch time pizza was excellent. Food in Kalamaki was excellent, but a long wait. Not as good in Akin as previously, small King Prawns and vegetables poor. Got a lot more to try in June.
RX

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
We also fancy trying Pisces when we're there in a couple of weeks(yaaaayyyyy!!!), it gets such good mentions.
Nicky

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »
Keep the reviews coming.   Also very close to my next visit and with restaurants often changing hands or moving it is good know of any changes in food or service.   Like HomefirthNicky I have not yet tried Pisces (must put it on the ever growing list)  and good to hear from Roxie that some of my old favourites like Kosk continue to be very good.

Would be good to know now that the season is getting under way if reservations are proving necessary.   In the past it has seemed essential at some restaurants  and certainly if you have a favourite table.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
Yeah keep them coming so we can all get plans in place for where to eat, already planning to visit Gironda as Coast was probably our favourite place last year, would love to hear from anyone that has tried the new Coast down the harbour yet. Glad Kosk still doing well for the money they were bang on last year - is Joseph still out front? Only 3 weeks to go for us yippeeee so hoping to hear from more of you with your thoughts and yes good points about reservations tortoise lady

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 03:41:57 PM »
Hi,
Gironda under new management and a new chef (from the Bosphorous).
Friends out this week have had great meals in Baharat and Ramis. You won't be stuck for somewhere to eat.  Oh, the beer is 4 lira in Fotos.
Rx

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Me and the OH ate at Coast (on the harbour) last night.............well where do I start..... Fantastic food, the steak was to die for, deaf the best meal we have had on this holiday and we have eaten out every night (8 so far). Fantastic service from all staff but special praise must go to Billy & Esra who make you feel like you are a King ! Very highly reccomended indeed  :)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
Any news about the " Soup Kitchen " Ali babas,I heard they have had major refurb ?
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »
We had lunch in Ali Babas this afternoon. Still wonderful food at sensible prices.   To be honest cant really see what they did during the refurb  ???    Chicken soup ahhhhhhh just wonderful, more (white) chicken in it than a KFC  :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 06:08:53 PM »
Thanks KD,glad they didnt spoil the place,its like my second home in Kalkan  ;)

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
Where is Pisces - went to a great fish restaurant last year which I think was newly opened just past taxi rank on the left hand side on the first floor - hope this makes sense?  Anyone have any idea of what it is called - is this Pisces?

Thanks for all the reviews - these have been a great help.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »
Thanx for all these, found it so helpful to plan our eats out great news KD about Coast at the harbour it is deff going to be one of our stops now as we loved the old Coast too, We also met some people last year who raved about Pisces ( I think you are correct IssyG that's where I understood it to be) so may give that a go too. keep the reviews coming

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
We had lunch in Ali Babas this afternoon. Still wonderful food at sensible prices.   To be honest cant really see what they did during the refurb  ???    Chicken soup ahhhhhhh just wonderful, more (white) chicken in it than a KFC  :)

KD - forgive me but can I suggest that your visit to Ali Baba's was not the first stop of the evening!?  Just joking but the refurb was pretty major, with the kitchen totally redone and reduced slightly in size, new slightly larger loos built more in the corner, new paint job, lighting, a large TV and new furniture.  Otherwise, same good food and prices!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
Yep you right about Pisces location.....

Eniste....did Ali Babas get his fans fixed in the refurb?...
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline maryharvie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »
Hi Eveveryone, have not posted on EK for a while, but thought I had write about the Restruants. One in particular springs to mind and that is Coast down by the Harbour.(Lush last year).

We ate there a couple of nights ago and must say how fantastic it was. The staff, Billy Esra and Omar where very attentive and couldnt have looked after us any better than they did.
The service was 10 out of 10 and the food.......... well what can I say EXCELLENT...... we truly felt like royalty. It really made our night and we will of course be going back there in the near future.
It is a MUST to go here when in Kalkan......... ENJOY.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
Like your beloved Blues, I think they are still waiting for their fans to arrive!

Offline Leigh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
What sort of price are you paying for a meal at Coast down at the Harbour?  We are out in 2 weeks time for 11 nights. 

Offline maryharvie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
Hi Eniste,  Yeah I see what you mean, but honest, it was just for lunch......... have eaten there loads of times, but I have never used the toilets  :o    did not notice the kitchen / paint job or TV, tables seemed just the same  ???  See what happens when you are in Kalkan, switch off BIG time  :laugh:

Hi Leigh,  Two of us had starters, main meal's, 2 beers, a bottle of Angora and Irish coffee's... all for the pricely sum of 151TL / £60ish...........bl**dy good value given the standard of servive, food and location, dont you think  ???

Just for the record, I have no tie's to either restaurant, just speaking as I find it. 

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »
Sorry was using someone elses laptop I did not know they were also logged into EK  ???.........the post above was by me  :P

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 01:08:01 PM »
That seems very cheap for Coast - I though it was much more expensive.

My daughter had a meal there last night and thought it was average and quite highly priced. She's off back to Kosk tonight to see how that goes.

Restaurants in Kalkan seem to vary from year to year, over the past 7 years the only restaurant I found to be consistently excellent was Daphne's sadly now no longer.  It's now Chapter 1 which I tried last year and wasn't impressed but I know others (my daughter among them) who thought it was great.

Eating out in Kalkan is a matter of personal taste and budget - you can't please everyone all of the time!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant reviews - who do you believe?

Started by Alfaman on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

16 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 06:26:03 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Wanted- Restaurant reviews

Started by Lynne T on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

35 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 03:26:41 PM
by Rachey
xx
Restaurant Reviews - an idea

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
by Baggy
xx
2010 Restaurant reviews

Started by alshepuk on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

28 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 05:15:00 PM
by alshepuk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bezigan Village

Views: 3146
By: frangaz16
how amazing