Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Parc Kalkan  (Read 24173 times)

Offline visitor

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Parc Kalkan
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2009, 02:08:20 AM »
I did not expect so much uproar from our post. We have stated our opinion and for those that do not believe that we were visitors in Kalkan would you like me to scan in our tickets and pasports to prove ourselves??
This may have only happened to us however, the forum seemed to be open for a reason so I merely posted our opinion on the incident that happened to us.
We realise now that the forum is not the place to be posting open coments and we  will not be posting anything again after recieving some of the comments that we have recieved from this post.
Personally we will not be returning to Parc Kalkan, each to their own opion???
If the lady that came to our table doesn't own the restaurant and said that she did, would the actual owner not have a problem that she was claiming that she was?? Personally we would if staff or friends claimed that our restaurant was theirs in England.
I also stand by our original post to say that someone drunk and smoking at our table whilst having dinner is unacceptable. In a bar we would not have a problem obviously but whilst eating dinner we did.
The lady (I think called Trisha from what I can understand) we meant no harm, and merely think that hospitality in the Parc Kalkan should be addressed. Maybe we are the only ones to shout up about it or maybe we are the only ones who found Enjoy Kalkan I dont know. It was our opinion, we posted it and definatly wont make the mistake of posting anything else on here again.

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »
If you've got a view Visitor and want to share it don't hesitate to post it - I'm behind you 100%.

There was nothing wrong with your post at all.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »
Hi Visitor,

Please do continue to post on EK, as with all forums there are a small minority of people who hate for people to disagree with their opinion - its amazing how people can be when they have a "username" to hide behind, im sure if everyones email address or name was on display the thread would be very different!

Have a quick view of the "fun guide to internet forums" it may be amusing and enlightening  ;D

...... and here ends the thread  :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »
If you've got a view Visitor and want to share it don't hesitate to post it - I'm behind you 100%.

There was nothing wrong with your post at all.

Me too Visitor,stick with EK,its not as bad as things seem !
See what has happened now,people are getting put off EK .
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
Misty
How can you suggest new members should  be 'interviewed'? I can think of two people that may have 'failed' that test :( You and me ;)
Em
Em

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2009, 06:36:21 PM »
Well said Fidimax it just proves that its OK for some people to pass opinions and even criticise but not others.....maybe all new members should have to pass an interview by the self appointed EK mafia that like things done their way and only their way. 
Misty
Please qualify! I find your comments above offensive! I would normally send a PM regarding your post, but let's get it out in the open. You seem to know so much about the way this forum is run why don't you enlighten the membership about how we (the self appointed mafia) run operations.

I would but I prefer my horses head on his shoulders and not in my bed  ;) ;)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »
Misty
How can you suggest new members should  be 'interviewed'? I can think of two people that may have 'failed' that test :( You and me ;)
Em

Good point Em.... ;D ;D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2009, 07:08:40 PM »
I might be wrong,but,I dont think Misty was suggesting the EK Team are the self appointed mafia,but certain members who gang together to back each other up and dont like anything posted about people they know or bars and eating places they use.
IMHO.  ;) :o
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:29:39 PM by fidimax »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »
Bang on the money Fidimax.....  :) :)

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »
I have enjoyed the Parc restaurant since it opened earlier this year. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the food is superb. However, the owner is not the boozed up lady with the cigarette but a very nice chap from Istanbul. The lady in question has been his house guest for the entire summer and has frightened off a few innocent punters.

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
Hi,
Perhaps I should start a new thread on the subject of the Parc restaurant, which in my opinion is one of the best in Kalkan, although it only opened this year. The lady mentioned as the owner in a previous posting at the beginning of the Parc thread is not: In fact she is responsible for driving more people from the place than she attracts. In fact the owner is a very nice chap from Istanbul

Offline Baggers

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09:19 AM »
As a newbie to this forum myself, I have a certain amount of sympathy with Visitor. I thought her post was both interesting and balanced. I guess the subsequent posts indicate that there is a split in the audience here. Some view this forum as a self-serving club where any criticisms of the "inner circle" are hounded with undue vitriol and rather wild accusations, smearing the poster and obscuring the initial subject matter. Others view this as an excellent and relatively unedited opportunity to share experiences and recommendations. Personally, I think the latter is a healthier spirit and is more likely to prosper and benefit all contributors.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
Baggers good point well made...maybe there are several Labour supporting members on EK as they adopt the exact same tactics against anyone daring to criticise.....  ;)

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »
Let's all of us stay on the thread (me included) or start another.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
This has become the longest post on restaurants, nightlife etc for over a year and yet I can barely see any mention on the quality of the food, service or ambience.  The publicity has done for Parc Kalkan what the debate about weapons in Kalkan probably did for Mojito.  There have been very varied but firm opinions expressed on here and accusations of mafia-like ganging-together against people who perhaps just happen to agree with each other.  I very much doubt anyone will read any post on here and suddenly see the error of their views, a la St Paul on the Damascus by-pass.

As Jon said earlier, can we not just let it lie now?  To carry on would be like Portsmouth's current season - there's virtually no point. (Sorry, Misty, but after our start last year, I'm enjoying the good start to this even more!).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:31:56 PM by EniÅŸte »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2009, 04:25:01 PM »
Portsmouth !!! We will still be in the Prem next season...we've been through worse..........Still can't believe Dindan missed an open goal...  :(

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2009, 04:28:55 PM »
Still can't believe Gomes made those incredible saves - I hope our old boys can keep Pompey up too

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »
That's it now. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Parc Kalkan

Started by fidimax on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 08:54:51 AM
by DRBD
xx
Music at Parc Kalkan

Started by ak1945 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post June 07, 2013, 08:36:22 AM
by MartynE
xx
Eng vs Wales 16/3/13 Parc Kalkan?.

Started by hobbo on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post March 04, 2013, 10:18:31 AM
by whiteonyx
xx
Forum member meet at Parc Kalkan

Started by Bob & Jayne on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

22 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 01:44:43 AM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal