Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Parc Kalkan  (Read 24179 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Parc Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »
Buster

Now that you have a copy of the book - please may I borrow it??

:)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 02:03:27 PM »
I thought the person complained about wasn't the owner. If you stopped going to bars on the basis that someone who had had a drink started talking to you, you soon wouldn't be going anywhere.

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 02:31:04 PM »
One of the main attractions of this forum is the general positivity and lack of aggression often seen elsewhere.

At the end of the day this thread has created an opportunity for members to contribute to both sides of the debate and it has allowed for a reasonably balanced conclusion (I thought) to the point first raised.  Surely that has to be healthy. 

It is easy for a thread to degenerate quickly and the slippery slope commences as soon as someone is personal.  Surely it is possible to post an alternative view in a respectful way? 

Fidimax aren’t you being harsh, the poster is referring to a single (and with respect) alleged incident?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »
The original post states that this person claimed they owned the place,I think going to a bar and talking to someone who has had a drink is a bit different to eating a meal and having someone sit at your table,apparently not invited to do so,who is drunk,smoking and trying to sell you a book !
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:13:48 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »
Hi Hummingbird,I dont think I am being harsh,just stating what are my thoughts on the subject,I know I wouldnt like it and I bet a lot of other members wouldnt either,the original poster was put off returning to Parc Kalkan,and now a lot more people who may have been thinking of trying PK might not bother,its not really a good sales pitch for a fairly new place,is it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:12:43 PM by fidimax »

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »
If people praise a place - no one complains - however if they complain about a place they seem to be told that it is a personal attack and they shouldn't do it
Places etc have to be prepared to take the rough with the smooth

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 03:36:29 PM »
Does anyone know if the said person does own Parc Kalkan ?

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 03:39:06 PM »
I am always very wary of anybody who hides behind a pseudonym to make derogatory remarks about an individual.  None of you have any idea who this so called Visitor is, or even if this alleged incident ever took place.

Yet you all seem quite prepared to pile in with your pseudo moralising.  Without any thought of the anguish this is causing, to what is in all probability a completely innocent person.

You have raised the bar of debate to new heights which I doubt any of you will ever be able to get under again.

SHAME ON YOU ALL.

PS

Dear Kevin the cat I will swap you a copy of the book for four Pancakes and chi

Regards Buster.       

My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »
No problem Buster and maybe another Turkish lesson as it is spelt cay  ;D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
Hi Buster,just responding to a post,I never mentioned any names,never preached about morals,but you seem to be saying that the post could be made up by someone using a name to hide behind,that could be said about any post on the forum,even yours,I dont know if "Buster" is your real name or not,and a lot of members use screen names,so are we to take all posts with a pinch of salt,I have replied to a subject which I would not be happy with if I was put in that situation,true or not,If anything I have posted is distressing to said person,I am sorry,but if true it might change the way they act with paying customers in the future.   

Neil.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 04:10:41 PM »
Thank you Eniste but sadly I am not using a Turkish keyboard so its the nearest that I can get
That's also why your name is mis-spelt  ;D

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »
Now you're just taking the p.... err ... m!ckey.

Offline Joules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 04:54:24 PM »
For the record - the lady in question DOES NOT own Parc Kalkan - it is owned by Turkish people and she is a friend of theirs. I do hope that these posts will not deter people from visiting Parc - I have been many times and will continue to do so, it is a great venue, the owners and staff are friendly and polite and it is a welcoming place - the live music nights are particularly good.
I assume that as "visitor" is a holidaymaker he/she would be unaware that the lady mentioned would be so instantly recognisable to a vast number of Kalkan forum members and thus cause offence. I'm sure many reading this, myself included, would not want to be judged on the way we have occasionally behaved after a little too much alcohol and certainly would not want to be "outed" on the worldwide web!
There are not many bars in holiday resorts where you will not be chatted to at some point by someone who is smoking or has drank too much;there are even fewer where you will not be encouraged to buy something, be it another drink or a rose - a polite " no thank you" suffices.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:38:36 PM by Joules »

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 05:48:03 PM »
Excellent post Joules.  I agree 100%.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »
Ooooh,right,everyone knows this person so it makes it alright.

seems like a earlier post today could be true then !  >:(

Offline Joules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
I didn't say it was alright - merely that it happens wherever you go, and it's probably unfair for an individual to be outed on a public forum (where she is known) 'cos she's had a bit too much to drink or for a perfectly good bar to be given a bad name because of an isolated incident which it was suggested was by the owner.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:02:08 PM by Joules »

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »
Hi Fidimix

For the record Buster is known to the moderators on this site and I can assure you they no where to find me should they have the need:   

Did it ever occur to you Fidimix that the person purporting to be “Visitor” may have an ulterior motive for their nasty little post and by posting their nasty little snide comments, new perfectly well we would all be aware of who their nasty little missive was aimed at.

For the record the lady in question is a retired Professor of Anthropology, she has written a fantastic guide to this part of the ancient Lycian Coast (The Road to Ruins) and anybody who would like to learn more about the history of this wonderful part of Turkey, when next passing the Parc Restaurant would do well to visit, have a chat with her and buy her beautifully written book.
She also organises a wonderfully crafted quiz in the winter months and runs Turkish History / Anthropology discussions.

I do not intend to comment any further on this debate, I feel it is on:   The Road to Ruins.

No pun intended:       Buster

Ooooh,right,everyone knows this person so it makes it alright.

seems like a earlier post today could be true then !  >:(

Offline tonik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 07:53:42 PM »
I agree with Joules. I have felt very uncomfortable reading some of these comments. I have met the lady in question and she was very kind to me. I have also enjoyed reading her book and it has increased my knowledge and understanding of the area and for this I am grateful. I do not not think it acceptable that she has been humiliated on this site. I am sure we have all acted in ways we might have regretted in the light of day. There but for the grace of etc

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 08:16:59 PM »
My point is being missed here,you are all gathering ranks against a new member to this forum,and as far as I can tell no one knows them,is this the way to treat a new member ? other new members get a "welcome" posted from you all,but because " visitor" said something which may be correct,about someone you know they are slated and basically called a liar,they are also being accused of having a hidden agenda and hiding behind a screen name.  >:(

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
Well said Fidimax it just proves that its OK for some people to pass opinions and even criticise but not others.....maybe all new members should have to pass an interview by the self appointed EK mafia that like things done their way and only their way. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Parc Kalkan

Started by fidimax on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 08:54:51 AM
by DRBD
xx
Eng vs Wales 16/3/13 Parc Kalkan?.

Started by hobbo on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post March 04, 2013, 10:18:31 AM
by whiteonyx
xx
Music at Parc Kalkan

Started by ak1945 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post June 07, 2013, 08:36:22 AM
by MartynE
xx
Forum member meet at Parc Kalkan

Started by Bob & Jayne on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

22 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 01:44:43 AM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal