Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Parc Kalkan  (Read 24174 times)

Offline visitor

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Parc Kalkan
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:35:21 AM »
Hi, I recently visited Kalkan for my first time at the end of September. After doing some searching on the internet once I had returned I came up with this great website!
The first night we got there we just wanted to find the closest bar/ restaurant or anywhere that sold food and we stumbled upon the Parc Kalkan. I would just like to say that the food there was good and the place is lovely and has a lovely atmosphere about it.
Later on in the night an English lady who said she owned that restaurant came over to our table to talk to us. She had obviously had a lot to drink and was smoking a cigarette at our table. Neither of us are smokers and didn't really appreciate her smoking at our table. She also tried to promote her book to us. We did not want to spend 25 lira on a book that didn't interest us and felt rude that we had not bought it.
After our first night there we thought that this would be the norm everywhere and that we had chosen "another English resort" but after the 2nd night we realised that this restaurant was one of its kind with the most English influence in the village.
We definitely enjoyed our holiday there that was the only night we didn't truly enjoy.
We will definitely be back to kalkan next year!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4581.0

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Parc Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 07:29:32 AM »
Dear visitor, Trish's book is very well written.  In the winter, she runs an informal history class here.   Prior to living in this part of Turkey, she was a lecturer at a British university.  Sorry though that she bothered you, I'm sure she will be more careful in future.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »
Welcome to EK

Have to agree Cosetta, Trish's book is very informative. I bought it when we were over last month.

Forgive me for being forward but I think it's a bit rude what you have written on a public forum - obviously you are entitled to your opinion but I think one that is of such a personal nature shouldn't be public.  They have EK in Kalkan too - how will Trish feel if she reads this?!

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:48:06 AM »
A shame also that you concentrated on the only night that you didn't enjoy, what about sharing some of the detail of what was otherwise an enjoyable holiday.

Offline visitor

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »
I'm sure the book is very well written however we were not interested in it and felt uncomfortable after we had said so. I did not mean to offend the author or how it is written I'm sure it is a good book.
I wouldn't know where to start on the good points about the holiday! The people in Kalkan were all very friendly and welcoming. The restaurants we visited were all serving very good food and at reasonable prices. Everywhere was very clean and obviously the surrounding scenery is beautiful.
I was merely making the point that we were not comfortable with the owner coming to our table obviously drunk and smoking a cigarette. You would not behave like that in England and we would not have expected it anywhere to be honest whilst we were eating our dinner i just thought it was a little too much!!

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »
visitor, i thought your post was very diplomatic and could sense straight away that you had otherwise had a great time, not sure why anyone would think your post was rude?

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »
Welcome to EK

Have to agree Cosetta, Trish's book is very informative. I bought it when we were over last month.

Forgive me for being forward but I think it's a bit rude what you have written on a public forum - obviously you are entitled to your opinion but I think one that is of such a personal nature shouldn't be public.  They have EK in Kalkan too - how will Trish feel if she reads this?!

Visitor has given an opinion and I in no way find anything at all rude in it. If I was in the same situation I would have politely requested her to put the ghastlty tab out while sat with me and if I felt she was too drunk I would ask her to leave the table or I would have to leave the restaurant.

I have experienced similar when in Turkey and have always found a polite I'm not interested always works but then I am well over six foot and built like the proverbial brick .....!

If you think that Visitor has posted something on a public forum of such a personal nature I don't see you complaining about the chap who has been named in the thread about staying alone at the Pirat - probably done his career the world of good.

However, that's only my opinion and I'm very, very entitled to it.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:26 PM »
Did not see anything wrong with first post - have held back from posting comments for fear of snide remarks from others - this is a great site BUT I am very wary of what I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »
A more than valid point Anne.

I am very much of the same opinion.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 09:32:19 PM »
Why are you wary of what you say guys?
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 09:39:01 PM »
Because there are people who post very snide and cutting remarks.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 09:58:55 PM »
PACHSU
Maybe you should cast your mind back a few posts (not on this thread) before being so sensitive. ;)

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »
I am anything but sensitive - but have felt from early on that this forum is only about positive comments - unless you are 'one of the boys' and can say anything you like

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »
 ???

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 11:37:52 PM »
what's that reply mean ????????

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
I am anything but sensitive - but have felt from early on that this forum is only about positive comments - unless you are 'one of the boys' and can say anything you like

That's a bit harsh.

I've not seen any evidence of favouritism on here - in fact, I've been rebuked a few times myself for going too far (although I never intended to cause offence). But each time, on reflection, I could see why.

Moderating a forum is not an easy task.

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 06:42:44 AM »
PACHSU
Maybe you should cast your mind back a few posts (not on this thread) before being so sensitive. ;)

One thing I'm not is sensitive.

Regards the previous thread you highlight that is a classic example of what I'm saying about the snide remarks.

I have this great ability of being to the point and factual - some may say blunt and will treat idiots with what they deserve. That was a classic example.

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »

But on a more positive note:

I would like to thank this so called Visitor for introducing me to the wonderful book “The Road to Ruins”   written by the lady at the Parc Restaurant.  I purchased my copy yesterday and have at last found a book that explains the history of Lycia in both a humorous and informative way. This is a book that will become a well thumbed friend as I explore this wonderful region of Turkey.

I recommend it to anyone who wishes to explore the ancient sites in the area and who wishes to understand a little bit more about the lives of not just the main figures such as Alexander the Great but also the people who lived and worked the land in ancient times.

NB:  I derive NO financial gain from the sale of this book.

As my old mum would often say; if you can’t say something good about a person don’t say anything.

Regards:  Buster
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »
I think the key point here is to think first about what you might post on an open forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it is important to sometimes reflect on what the impact might be of your comments especially if they aimed at an individual. I am not targeting the original poster of this topic but everyone who uses this forum.

With regards to the 'one of the boys' comment everyone is treated equally on the forum and the reason some posts do get removed over others is basically because of the number of complaints we might receive about them. As Martyn stated moderating a forum isn't easy.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 12:57:49 PM »
OK,if nobody will say what they are thinking,I will.
Just because someone owns a place doesnt give then the right to sit at a table with people that have chosen to eat at the persons place,drunk,smoking and trying to sell them a book they have written,no matter how good the book is,two people have probably been put off going to the place again,and they may have not been the only ones that night.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Parc Kalkan

Started by fidimax on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 08:54:51 AM
by DRBD
xx
Eng vs Wales 16/3/13 Parc Kalkan?.

Started by hobbo on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

1 Replies
Last post March 04, 2013, 10:18:31 AM
by whiteonyx
xx
Music at Parc Kalkan

Started by ak1945 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post June 07, 2013, 08:36:22 AM
by MartynE
xx
Forum member meet at Parc Kalkan

Started by Bob & Jayne on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

22 Replies
Last post July 29, 2012, 01:44:43 AM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Aubergine

Views: 3520
By: Alfaman
Morning Time