Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan Good Causes  (Read 6511 times)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Kalkan Good Causes
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »
Hi,

I know KAPSA get well deserved space on this forum but I thought it important to hi-light other Kalkan good causes that may need help. So, if you are aware of a requirement for support in Kalkan why not mention it here.

Cheers
Jon

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6917.0

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan Good Causes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:05:36 AM »
Interesting that this has yet to be responded to........I am sure had it have been about Kapsa or the animals it would have had lots of response.

I should imagine the schools would welcome any donations / support. In the past things like tidying up the children's playground, buying school sets for the less well off children etc have been posted.

What a pity in the week of Kurban Bayram (when Islamic people support the less fortunate) there is not thought for Kalkan's other worthy causes.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:44:02 AM »
Actually just by chance I did make a similar comment on the KAPSA COFFEE MORNING Thread only this morning:

Well done KAPSA, what a lot of money.

Wouldn't it be great to hear of something similar to be happening for the disabled/disadvantaged children/youths of Kalkan & surrounding areas with an equally if not more, good result.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »
Surely it's really up the people who feel strongly about raising funds for any worthwhile causes to organise something and then promote it.  If they choose not to for whatever reasons, it's no reason to take a swipe at any organisation that organises events or the people that support them. I'm sure that charity raising events for other causes have been well supported, I think KTLN held a charity auction which was well supported.

I am sure that there is nothing to prevent anyone from making personal donations at any time to the local schools, who I am sure would be only delighted to receive and make good use of them.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »
Well said Isis :) :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
Isis, sometime I wish each post had a 'like' button like on facebook because I would have pressed it for your post. :)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
Not taking a swipe at anyone, merely making a comment (which I understand is allowed) & making an observation.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:19 PM »
Ditto...Well said Isis,If other "good causes " don't/wont put in the leg work,how can anyone be expected to support these causes ?
Kapsa work very hard on raising funds and get the benefits from that hard work.
I cant remember even seeing a collection box for any of the causes mentioned.
Keep up the good work Kapsa   ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:20:48 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 02:47:41 PM »
I think I heard on this forum that KAPSA had recently given lots of childrens clothes to the local school.  These were things that had been donated to help raise funds for the street animals so this was a very kind gesture on their behalf.  Not only  are KAPSA helping the animals but they are also helping local children.

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
I have often wondered if there were any 'people' issues that could be addressed to help some of those who make our times in Kalkan so special.
Bearing in mind that Kalkan is a very seasonal place and, for many, winter is a hard old time, does anyone actually know of any organisations which may need a lira or two? I for one would be interested in putting something back and I'm sure some of you already do.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Baggy - there are organisations mentioned on KTLN - kalkander organisation and the KTLN trust

Isis

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »
When I popped into one of the shops during late September I decided to get involved with KAPSA, I put my name forward to help with the Coffee morning.....little did I realise what I was letting myself in for.... The preparation, checking through all of the donations. pricing, labeling and in some cases washing...The actual day starts early and it is, believe me, a very hectic, hard day.....But what I found unbelievable, is how few people are actually involved, they are dedicated and work hard and to be honest I take my hat off to them. They not only raised money to help the animals of Kalkan, they also donated the children's clothes to the Special Needs School and a large quantity of clothing went to surrounding villages. So KAPSA's fund raising not only helps the Kalkan animals, it help others too .... I wouldn't have missed a moment..... and I'll gladly help again   

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
  I have posted this message under two headings to ensure it gets a wide readership. .

As we reported earlier, Kapsa generously donated   several bags of children's clothes to our fundraising efforts for the   rehabilitation school and we presented every child in the school (45   children) with bags of goodies today.  The full report will be on KTLN   later this week. We have a  school fundraising committee of Turkish and British residents here and we have already had tremendous support from the local community.

The needs of the Rehabilitation school are great.  Many of the children who attend are severly brain damaged and require very intense, one on one support.  Most of them are from very disadvantaged homes and the school not only helps educate them but feeds them, provides clothing and offers a 24 hour a day drop in centre for parents who cannot cope.  We heard today when we were there with the children of a a family where all the family members hvae various degrees of disability.  without this school, they simply could not function.  There is no welfare state in Turkey.

We are not yet an official charity, registration  is  a long and complex process but we hope to become registered next year and we can then undertake a far more systematic support programme.

We  have several fundraising events planned   in the run up to Christmas and all proceeds will go the the disabled and   disadvantaged children in this area.

Our next target is to raise   enough money to buy winter shoes for all 45 of the children, many of   whom have only flip flops to see them through the coming cooler and wet   months.

We will post details of all our fundraising actives on EK and KTLN.

We know we can count on all Kalkan regulars to help us achieve this quite modest goal.

Will.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
Mercimek, the original post was only up about half an hour before your response about it being interesting that no-one had replied. To be fair to people I don't think half an hour on a Wednesday morning is a long time for any responses.
Hopefully there is room in peoples hearts for all good causes be they welfare of humans or animals and reading Wills post confirms to me that there is :)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
You are doing a fantastic job Will and co.
Let me know if ther is anything I can do to help!?
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »
Mercimek, the original post was only up about half an hour before your response about it being interesting that no-one had replied. To be fair to people I don't think half an hour on a Wednesday morning is a long time for any responses.
Hopefully there is room in peoples hearts for all good causes be they welfare of humans or animals and reading Wills post confirms to me that there is :)

'It's time'  Enjoy Kalkan's post November 09, 2010, 09:28:40 PM, and I posted November 10, 2010 at 10:05:36 AM, I make that over 24 hours. As I said had it have been about animals it would have got a few responses within those 24 hours.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 09:05:37 AM »
sorry Mercimeck the 09.28pm confused me as 09 aint pm, I don't think ??? I certainly didn't see the post until yesterday and had been on the site the previous night so now I'm even more confused ???
Any way my main point still stands that I believe there is room for all good causes :)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 09:19:25 AM »
Will, that was a great update, thank you.

We were aware of the Rehabilitation Centre & have in our little way made contributions but were not aware of the full extent of your work & what is required.  We have been aware in the past of requirements in some of the schools & acted upon them as best we could.

Please keep the information coming, it would be great to hear just how well everything is going for the Shoe Box contributions too. 

I am sure that visitors/owners etc., to Kalkan would be only too happy to add in their suitcases the odd little things for these children & their families.  What sort of donations would be of most use, apart from money, we understand there is sometimes a problem with money donations.

Good Luck................

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »
 Hi DRBD I know that earlier last month I was able to bring out a few carrier bags of goodies for the schoolchildren. Simple stuff like toys and girlie gittery hair acessories. I also put in some toys specifically with disabled children in mind which would stimulate senses and be fun.
At the same time I also had dog and cat stuff and had a laugh while packing thinking what customs would say if they opened my bag. Wasn't laughing quite so much when on arrival at Dalaman my bag had the padlock ripped off and had obviously been looked through :o nothing missing though so both the children and the animals got the goodies meant for them.  :)
As stated in a couple of previous posts there is absolutely room in most hearts for all good causes. It doesn't have to be one or the other :)

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »
hI Will,
Itoo left some goodies for the children and i wish i had known about the shoes thats needed,would shoes be acceptable that are almost new?.Will you be doing the same kind of thing next year with the shoeboxes because ive already started picking a few bits up as i shop.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Good dentist in Kalkan

Started by MouMou on The Everything Else Area!

26 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 07:21:15 AM
by onelove
xx
Another good holiday in Kalkan!

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

7 Replies
Last post June 22, 2011, 08:03:43 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Good press for Kalkan

Started by Kalkan Magic on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post June 28, 2016, 09:18:05 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Will Kalkan be good value next year?

Started by Alfaman on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post January 12, 2009, 10:04:56 PM
by misty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Silhoutte at sundown

Views: 2420
By: headroom
Eljhem