Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Local Election in Kalkan - 29th March 2009  (Read 44953 times)

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Local Election in Kalkan - 29th March 2009
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
Just a small suggestion, anybody that is not interested in politics or even debate do not go into a section called politics and debate.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »
I rarely search by subject, just go to the latest posts list and make my way back until I see one I''ve seen earlier and choose which debates I want to check out in more detail.  With all due respect to those that recently raised the subjects of gyms and toasters, I was not particularly interested by these strands, but fully understand people''s desire to "know before you go", as my former employer put it.  I just chose to skip over them to see what else had been written.  Good luck with the wedding purchase anyway, whatever it turns out to be, and with the holiday fitness regime!

I generally think that the political strand was very interesting but that it sadly descended into name-calling and then backbiting.  I was also very interested in the US election process over the last year or so, even though I only occasionally visit and have no direct input in the outcome.  Is that wrong?  I know that the scale is somewhat different, but I still wanted to know what was happening.  Similarly, even though not yet resident in Kalkan, it was interesting to know that the mayoral candidates had such differing mandates.

Buster has hit the nail on the head though, as Kalkan should be enjoyed not endured.  Have a good day, including any local politicians that may be watching.....

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »
Point taken Buster, I will speak to Jon and let you know.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »
Since the owners lounge disappeared there is nowhere else to discuss issues that might only be of interest to ex pats and owners so perhaps it would be a good idea to bring it back?  For those who are keen to know what is going on locally, politically or otherwise, it is really useful to have a platform for discussion and to be able to share information and voice opinions (as long as they are not derogatory or offensive to others).  The situation with the new mayor was of great interest to me and I was keen to know the outcome, good or bad, as it will affect the future of Kalkan and surely we all care about that?  We do need somewhere to discuss issues that might incur a bit of passionate debate without sending any potential visitors running in the opposite direction!  Yes please bring back the Owners Lounge!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »
This post started with news of a new mayor in kalkan,to slating the old mayor,to name calling the old mayor,
to comparing the old mayor to a nasty African chap,to trolling,to slating other members,to plain and simple
moaning,kalkan has a new mayor,get over it !
your all begining to sound like the loonies in the big "house" in London !

:( ::)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:42:27 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline rat2

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2009, 02:42:29 PM »
Quote from EK Home page:

Politics & Debate
Hot topics and politics

If you can''t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen - or has too much EFES taken its toll already?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »
   I SMELL A RAT !!!!!! GET THE TRAP OUT !!!!!!!!!   :-* :P

Heat,kitchen and EFES,are you having a election results party ?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:14:23 PM by fidimax »

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »
Politics will always be a hot topic, whether on a forum, at work, in a pub. All political discussions invariably end in disagreement, agreeing to disagree, or on rare occasions if we are all of the same mind set, agreement. Most of us have the benefit of living in a democracy where we can speak our minds even if it irritates others, without fear of repercussions. I have no beef with posts from people that speak their minds, that is the whole point of political debate. I personally have a problem with rumours that turn into stories, that turn into alleged fact. That as far as I am concerned is when I lose interest. That just isn''t politics.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2009, 03:16:14 PM »
Too true Mr Brooksie.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2009, 03:31:45 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Well I thought I would wait a while and answer a few questions in one post as opposed diving in and out. Hopefully it will clarify a number of points, and, as always feedback is always welcome, either via email or PM, or indeed starting a new topic in "Requests and Suggestions"

What Happened to Lantanas Post / This has got to be the most moderated forum ever

Nice easy one to start with, posts can only be removed by the member that made the post, EK Admins or EKSafety. When a post is removed by a member of the EK Team it is replaced with a standard message saying why it was removed which I am sure you have all seen  ;) I can confirm the post was not removed by EK

Can we have an owners lounge restricted area back?

Yes, EK is run so members get what they want........ the reason the EK owners lounge restricted area was removed was because my mailbox was full of people wanting it removed crying freedom of speech! I am more than happy to add an area if there are more yes votes than no!  :D

What / Where is the line?

As with anything where the line is often varies from person to person, one person may find a post offensive, another in good humour, another inappropriate. When people use the report button to report a post it may well be removed or indeed locked. With the politics and debate section the line is somewhat diluted to allow a healthy debate. A healthy debate however does not mean liable slander or a rumour overload.

Hope that helps
Jon  :D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2009, 04:43:20 PM »
EK is fine as it is...it allows opinions and the right mix of all the emotions,whether it is anger, rudeness or humour or just general love and peace all round.i don''t think it needs sub factions allienating people and making them feel "outsiders"..........after all it''s all about the same place isn''t it? ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline clarel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
Thanks Davs

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »
I agree with Blue Lizard.
I don''t own a property in Kalkan but one day I might...in the meantime I''m interested in the discussions owners have because it can inform my own opinions. I don''t know of any subjects that might only be of interest to owners and ex-pats - these discussions are often pertinent to prospective buyers and indeed those of us who ENJOY KALKAN - why shut us out  ???
Let members choose for themselves which threads are of interest - what needs to be hidden?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
I agree with Blue Lizard.
I don''t own a property in Kalkan but one day I might...in the meantime I''m interested in the discussions owners have because it can inform my own opinions. I don''t know of any subjects that might only be of interest to owners and expats - these discussions are often pertinent to prospective buyers and indeed those of us who ENJOY KALKAN - why shut us out  ???
Let members choose for themselves which threads are of interest - what needs to be hidden?

Couldn''t have put it better! I''m absolutely against any section which would shut out any of us who just simply want to "enjoy Kalkan"  Please don''t have a divisive "them and us" section.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Searching for hotel accommodation in Kalkan , one week from 29th July.

Started by linfrank on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 09:19:18 AM
by felicity
xx
Local Kalkan Weather

Started by Chris_S on Weather

3 Replies
Last post May 23, 2016, 12:38:29 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
(Almost) Local weather for Kalkan

Started by Chris_S on Weather

5 Replies
Last post June 12, 2014, 10:06:32 AM
by Chris_S
recycled
KALKAN 2009

Started by Debs45 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 15, 2008, 07:30:47 PM
by Debs45

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Cute Kalkan Dog

Views: 4784
By: janeywhit
Kalkan Street Map