Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cafe Vita - Kalamar Road  (Read 25370 times)

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Cafe Vita - Kalamar Road
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:50:45 AM »
Just came back from two weeks at my place in Kalamar Bay.  Did not rent a car this time so I walked into town every day and stopped off at Cafe Vita often.  Really nice couple have set up a great little (30 covers), outdoor cafe on the Kalamar Road opposite that derelict hotel.  They do homemade food well and is a great place to stop off for breakfast or coming home if you live in Kalamar.  Many of you will know Mustafa and Karola from the Xanthos hotel.

They also told me they would supply bread too which is good now that the shop opposite the Beyhan Apartments has closed.

Mark

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1516.0
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: Cafe Vita - Kalamar Road
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »
Hearing that is music to my ears, will give it a try in about 18 days time.

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »
That''s good news. We''d been thinking we''d have to rent a car to make it easier to pop down to town for bread. Now we might not have to.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
Went for lunch yesterday and the food was excellent and very good value.
Hope Mustafa and Karola do well in their new venture as people in Kalamar need somewhere to chill out on the way to or from Kalkan.
With beer only 3YTL lots of chilling to do.
M n M

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »
Sounds great.  We have the climb up the hill home on Kalamar Road, so it will be a welcome oasis for us to look forward to and great for bread on a morning (if they do it?).  The little shop down the hill from us will be a miss so this will make a welcome replacement.

I will go and give it a try on Monday.....roll on!! :P

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »
Kim

I presume you''ll be back before I go (3 weeks today), so on your return can you let me know if they''re definitely selling bread. I really hope so. Sounds like it''ll be really handy for us just 1 or 2 min walk away.

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »
Hi Littlelin,

I shall report back on the bread situation for you!  I can smell it now...........Sunday morning on our roof terrace with some nice olives and feta...........we''ll keep the oven hot for you!!

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:04:38 PM »
This is great news we are at Beyham, since IBO closed his shop, it was a trek to buy bread in the morning. Will deff try new place.

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 12:42:56 PM »
That really is good news - we are at the Saneil Villas so literally a skip and a hop (not literally) down the hill.   The bread sounds good too - we have sorely missed Ibo''s shop since he left - but the winter was not good for him so understandable he closed down.  I did buy some cut price bottles of wine from him a few days before he closed and still drinking them!! I''m a slow drinker!!!  I''m looking forward to trying the cafe.   But my favourite restaurant for an informal ''down the road place'' must be Lizo - food so good - and young couple running it delightful.   Have taken so many people there and they have gone back time and again - and with a view to die for.   Worth a try for lunch or dinner.   But the cafe sounds great - will be trying it soon - we need more places on the kalamar road.   Pauline

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 10:57:01 AM »
They do indeed sell bread and - i also took home some homemade cheesecake - the strawberry flan had finished alas.   They will also make to order - so if you don''t feel like making a pudding at home for any occasion you can order one from them.  Delightful place.  Pauline

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 11:19:17 PM »
Sorry had a red wine night, had typoo error meant Beyhan. Pauline will def try it out sounds great..

See you soon     Doug :D

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 07:00:31 PM »
Hi Doug
Hope to see you there sometime - I must keep off their delicious chips! Mine is a white wine!! pauline

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
We are just back from 2 weeks hols and like Pauline are up the hill near the Sunneil, so this new cafe has been great for us. Mustafa and his wife will welcome you with open arms and make sure that you are well looked after.  The food is based on fresh, simple, quality fare, great for a Turkish breakfast, light lunch or an informal dinner if you can''t be bothered  walk into town.  Mustafa has also based his prices just right, including his wines, where prices have shot us in restaurants.  Most are charging between 25-31L for Angora, more for Cancaya, Mustafa is selling at 18L. 

We went on our last morning before thae airport and had a Turkish breakfast with coffee and tea and then asked if he would make us sandwiches for the airport.  We got 4 big cheese and tomato sandwiches to take away and including our breakfast the total was 20L!  We couldn''t have got 2 Effes at Dalaman for that.

Do go....he is a happy, friendly guy who will look after you.  And yes he does bread every morning......

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »
Great news, just what all us in Kalamar wanted.......Now all we have to do is....USE IT ! ! !
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »
well I''m at the Yelken - I think I could throw a stone at hit it from my place.  I usually go into town for breakfast but think I might give it a try there instead.  My wife Rosib, already out there and says it''s very nice.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
they won''t serve you if you''ve been throwing stones at them ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 03:36:47 PM »
Just came back from two weeks at my place in Kalamar Bay.  Did not rent a car this time so I walked into town every day and stopped off at Cafe Vita often.  Really nice couple have set up a great little (30 covers), outdoor cafe on the Kalamar Road opposite that derelict hotel.  They do homemade food well and is a great place to stop off for breakfast or coming home if you live in Kalamar.  Many of you will know Mustafa and Karola from the Xanthos hotel.

They also told me they would supply bread too which is good now that the shop opposite the Beyhan Apartments has closed.

Mark

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 03:42:49 PM »

Mark
Yes just got back and they are selling bread.......All us in Kalamar must really make an effort to use Cafe Vita
I even got a take away of 12 bottles of beer and 2 bottles of wine the other day, so come on lets really support them, as everyone is saying its just what we need, and wont do renting situation any harm either ?

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
I went down on Friday evening to get something for the journey back to UK (not paying airport prices!) and Mustafa was great he made the sandwiches for me and even gave me a lift back to the villa on his scooter as I was getting worried about being late back for our pick up.   I will not tell him that my left hip which I used to swing my leg over the scooter is still giving me trouble!!! The cafe was full so I felt I just had to prove I could do it!Think I will walk back next time. Pauline

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »
When at the cafe on Friday, Mustafa noticed my EK badge and asked what it was. I showed him this thread and he was absolutely over the moon that it had been read over 1100 times. He was really excited and I''m sure will be keeping en eye on us all. By the way he''s now adding fresh fish to his menu. I must admit to being a bit partial to his homemade burgers. So all you ''top of the hill''ers'' please use the cafe, it''s a sorely needed facility at this end of the town.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Yaz Cafe Kalamar Road

Started by Duran on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 12:50:47 PM
by bassett
thumbup
10/10 goes to Cafe Vita

Started by zola on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2010, 02:41:08 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Cafe Vita

Started by jarvis108 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 04:15:14 PM
by dwieling
xx
Cafe Vita

Started by Sandancer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 11:08:55 AM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal