Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cafe Vita - Kalamar Road  (Read 25371 times)

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Cafe Vita - Kalamar Road
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »
I''m so glad that the cafe is being well supported.  It is a great stopping off point for anyone who does the long walk back up Kalamar Road!  We need places like this, and like Pauline, he will make up sandwiches for the airport, arrange hire cars, take you home if you are struggling and generally help out all he can.  We will use him as much as we possibly can and support him as a ''neighbour''.

Offline Pebble

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
I quite agree Kim.  Mustafa is a lovely man, his breakfasts and lunches are good value and delicious, I look forward to trying his fish, and he makes really good sandwiches for day trips or to take to the airport. He an his wife both work really hard and are eager to please so they deserve to succeed.

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
I also agree with Pebble and Kim, When we were there 2 weeks ago we stopped of every night for a drink at Cafe Vita, Mustafa makes you feel very welcome and nothing is to much trouble for him, his wife is also very nice and works very hard.

This is just what the doctor ordered for us folk in Kalamar Bay, the walk into town ain''t half as bad now you get refreshments half way.

I really hope this new venture  is a success,they deserve it.

And hey Mustafa if you read this see you in 7 weeks!!!

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »
Had lunch At Cafe Vita today. WOW those homemade chips   :laugh: :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »
How far is cafe vita up kalamar rd,staying bottom end in july,but it sounds so good it may be worth a walk up the road.  :P Neil
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »
Mmmmmmm yes those chips can taste em now!!!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
Neil it''s up the hill, past the Asfiya, past the Beyhan Villas on the left, round the bend and it''s opposite the derelict hotel. He does a nice ''Mint in lemon water''..very refreshing.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 05:33:54 PM »
Thank Littlelin,I know the derelict hotel so I should find it.  ;D  Neil

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »
Neil, He is also doing fresh fish,sea bass, red snapper etc in the evenings not tried it yet.  O0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 02:11:19 PM »
Thanks Doug46B, the missus loves fish,dont eat fish much at home,but in kalkan fish tastes different so I eat more when Im out,will give cafe vita a try, and its all down hill after we have eaten,Oh,completly echo your last post,If know what I mean.  >:D Neil.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »
Having stuck pretty much to central areas and restaurants during our visits, I realise how little I have explored.  Can you remind me which one is the Kalamar Road?  Is it the left turn at the smaller roundabout just up from the old central roundabout, close to the supermarket and the bank?  Or is it the one that goes up the hill from Yali supermarket?  PS I hope it goes without saying that I too echo your comments elsewhere.

Nick

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »
Nick,
       Yes turn left after TESKO Supermarket on small roundabout and keep going, it is up on left opposite the empty hotel. If you are walking a good 10 - 15 minute walk.  Not so bad going back. :)

Regards

Doug

Offline oneiros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 02:01:44 PM »
Just returned from Kalkan this morning (sadly) and I will post more once I''ve got myself together. I think there must have been some changes made at the Cafe Vita since the last posts. This was the only poor meal we had in Kalkan. As we were only 2 minutes away we decided to go one evening rather than our walk down the hill. We waited 40 minutes before anyone came to take the drink order, (there was only one other family in at the time) the girls serving was texting and flirting with a boy on the road. Eventually the drinks arrived too and then we waited another half an hour before they came to take the order despite us asking to place the order. In the end we gave up and walked to the Lizo which was excellent. We decided to give Cafe Vita another chance, a few days later and again, not busy but we waited forever. When the food came I really was heartily disappointed, everything had been frozen even the chips, I know because I watched her getting everything out of the freezer, before throwing it in a deep fat fryer. My husband had ordered calamari and I have to say I have never seen it served in that way. a cereal bowl full of greasy calamari arrived no lemon, no salad just the calamari which was out of the freezer. We joked about it being elastic bands fried because it really was terrible.
Before everyone jumps on me I am only commenting on my 2 experiences it was cheap but maybe as the season has progressed they have taken some cuts but I think it is a shame and in two weeks they were the only place we visited that didn''t take advantage of all the lovely fresh produce available. Definitely not somewhere I''d go again

my favourites are Olive Garden, Kaya and the Kebab House on the harbour oh and the fabulous Trout Farm Yelkenite took us to

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »
Are you sure you are talking about the same place.  We also came back last night and i can tell you that Mustafas chips are definitely not frozen.  We only ate during the day but the food was always fresh and homemade by his wife.  she makes a beautiful cheesecake.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
I agree the chips we had were definitely home made but I also agree that everything else was poor.  The service, waiting time and standard of food (bar the chips - they were lovely, but one person''s portion arrived after the rest of us had eaten).  I won''t be returning either.

Offline oneiros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »
I am 100% certain they were frozen as I watched her take them from the freezer and throw them in a fryer they were pretty disgusting and cheap and nasty too

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
I have to add that I won''t be going back; we tried it twice - poor service, poor quality food. On our second visit (just to check if the first was a blip!), we left after waiting about 3/4 of an hour without anyone taking any part of our order.

Ros

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
Blimey,  Just back out in Kalkan and read last few posts.  Will be visiting Cafe Vita some time during our stay as it is 2 mins from us. Will post our findings later.
I really enjoyed the place in June.   :)

Regards   Doug

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
Hey me too Doug...I recommended it on the forum just after it opened, so am alarmed that it has gone downhill.  We go out next week , so I will raise some issues with Mustafa and try to find out what has changed.  It is just down the hill from us and we were looking forward to going there, but if standards and service have dropped then there are lots of places who will put themselves out.  Funnily enough, the Lido is our nearest port of call and yet we have never been.  Heard good reports, so maybe we have been staring a ''gift horse in the mouth'' all of this time?  Must go this trip. Any recommendations?

Offline jane on hols

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:51 PM »
Kim - you really must go to the Lizo - the views are stunning, the food as good if not better than any in town, and Ali and Sarah are just the best hosts.
We stayed there in June for a week, and are going back next week for 12 days - and we never usually go anywhere twice, but were just so impressed and relaxed we couldn''t resist a return visit.
Try it - you''ll love it.
Jane

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Yaz Cafe Kalamar Road

Started by Duran on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 12:50:47 PM
by bassett
xx
Cafe Vita

Started by jarvis108 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 04:15:14 PM
by dwieling
thumbup
10/10 goes to Cafe Vita

Started by zola on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2010, 02:41:08 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Cafe Vita

Started by Sandancer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 11:08:55 AM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal