Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 "2014 Summer Special"  (Read 43409 times)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 "2014 Summer Special"
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »
No Haybo I won't and your apartment awaits for 2015 but maybe I'll give you a couple of ideas for next year when you leave the boundaries of Kalkan.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »
KR- that would be wonderful.  I have jaynes day out to emulate, but new ideas would be ace!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »
So here endeth your report Lizzie, but how fab were they all! and this last one has topped the lot! well done Lovely!

So so tired after a long journey home, I will be doing mine tomorrow! xxx 

Offline kevtamuk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
Thanks for a wonderful report.  Both yours and Jayne's reports have been informative but so, so funny.  I have had some great pictures in my head reading all about your exploints and have laughed out load more times than I can count.

Really appreciate the time it has taken you and all the great recommendations of bars and restaurants have been duly noted.

Hopefully I will do a trip report in October - but I suspect it will be very boring by comparison to yours and Jaynes and definitely will be completed once we return.

Thanks again

Tammy

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
Oh, please go for it Tammy, the more the merrier and thank you for your kind words.

Haybo, hope you can join us as a dancing partner next year  ;D

Kalkan regular, you got it in one! Let's hope the finances stretch!

And thanks again everyone. I want to be back in Kalkan NOW!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2014, 06:12:11 PM »
Tammy....we can compete for the most boring posts in October!  ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Give over Babs, they will be fab!!! You can use a bit of artistic licence if you really have to, not that I ever need to, we always seem to get ourselves into scrapes without even trying  ;D

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »
Great reports Lizilu, really kept me going until our trip, only four sleeps to go. Cases down and all my gladrags laid on the bed ready for choosing which to take and which old faithfulls to leave behind. Oh the stress!! Please could you tell me where Akin and Blue turtle are situated, sound good fun. Well glad you had a great adventure and keep your chin up the weather  is supposed to warm up for next week.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »
Only 3 more sleeps now clara 50, have a great time, feel excited for you, look forward to hearing all about your holiday too. Wish we were going to be there to wave from across the road, and share a bottle of vino!!  :D :D :D

Jayne x

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »
Yes, where is Akin please.....we are determined to try new places this year....but will probably end up going to old favourites!  :laugh:
I'll try my best to get into scrapes Lizilu .....I find I'm not quite as embarrassing when there are just the two of us......but next May there will be six of us......lots of potential for embarrassing the daughters even if they will be 23 and 25 by then! ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:12 AM »
Ha Ha Babs, can't wait to hear all about your hols! Akin is just above Alternatif Restaurant on the left hand side going up the hill, just before Authentic, hope that makes sense.  Opposite the lovely little gift shop with the cat figure on the wall outside. 

Jx

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
Lizilu - along with B&J's reports, you've kept me going until our next visit.  Your reports were fabulous.  Thanks so much for taking the time to post!  :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »
Thanks Rachey  :-* it was a pleasure

Not long to go now Clara50! I'm excited for you.  :) Akin is just as Jayne described and the Blue Turtle is just below Chillies on the road that leads to cardiac hill and the Meditteranean. You'd better get your fingers nimble as I'm hoping there's going to be a report or 2 from you  ;)  :-*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:30:23 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »
The Blue Turtle has to be the fastest name change in the history of Kalkan....! We attended the opeing night of Istanbul restaurant when we were there in June and around 4 days later the signs had changed to Blue Turtle. Distnictly odd - but then so was the opening night ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
The only thought that I have regarding the name change from Istanbul restaurant to Blue Turtle bar( a quick change as you say ) is that as there is already an Istanbul restaurant in the town............maybe they complained,which I can understand.........Its like having two moonlight bars or two Alternatif restaurants etc....you get the idea.

I don't know that this is the reason,but it may well explain the hasty name change.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
There are two Moonlight Bars..! And there used to be two Alternatifs - although one was spelt differently. Or were you being ironic? :-\ ::)
Istanbul in the village has moved around in the last few years, but as we were invited to the opening by Verdat (Istanbul chef) you would assume this was the original Istanbul in a new home? I dont know of another Istanbul but if there is they would be the new boys.
Any ideas, anyone..?

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
Hi Kalkan4eva,

I believe there is only one Moonlight Bar (stand to be corrected).I know there is The Moonlight rooftop Restaurant,by Chillies......very good,as well  !!

The Istanbul restaurant directions........go down cardiac hill,past Foto pizza,just round the corner,go left up the little track.......which eventually comes out at Mojito's.

ISTANBUL RESTAURANT LOCATION    Between Chocolate Bar and Akdeniz restaurant, near the hill going down to Pirat Hotel (new location for 2010) KTLC: KY4 G1 (GRID REF: E5) Phone: 0242 844 2986 email: Website: N/A Opening hours: Bar: No Roof terrace:...

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »
Just to clarify the point on Istanbul restaurant.......there were always two restaurants at the back of Foto........Akdeniz and Istanbul...........However,one of the two closed when they closed the fish market.......and I am not sure which of the two it was.......Anyone know for sure ?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »
Strictly speaking you are right of course, there's only one Moonlight Bar but there are two Moonlight establishments - and you are very welcome to just have a drink in Moonlight Pansyion :-*
Istanbul moved from its location of many many years near Sofra - I'm not entirely sure where it went in the Old Town and I think for a year it was actually homeless. Verdat was the longstanding chef at Istanbul and they may well have ended up near Akdeniz at some point. However this year Verdat opened Istanbul in what is now Blue Turtle Bar - whether it moved from near Chocolate to this location, I'm not sure. What does surprise me is the speed with which the Istanbul signs came down and the Blue Turtle signs went up. I'm pretty sure even if the Istanbul near Akdeniz was nothing to do with Verdat, he would have a stronger claim to the name as the original.
I think we may get told off by the mods for going off topic  :-[ :-[

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2014, 06:31:32 PM »
Yes you are right.You can drink at Moonlight pansyion.Definetly need to get back on topic now.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal