Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 "2014 Summer Special"  (Read 42961 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 "2014 Summer Special"
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »
We'll the old Kalkan magic is under my skin (note to myself) must write a song about it when I get time. Apparently fog in Gibraltar meant our plane had to take a detour to Malaga to refuel before it could come back to Brum for us. Amazing what you hear when you're earwig going in the departure lounge. A great flight though pilot must have got his wings very few bumps lovely meal of sausage and mash, no it probably wouldn't have been my first choice but actually it was delicious. Got to Dalaman about 10.10 Turkish time and the lovely Enes were there waiting to transport us to wonderland. I must say I love a roller coaster ride when I'm on my holidays but didn't quite expect one that early.  My bottle of water was gripped very tightly but actually although my hands were tightly fastened to Bris we got there in good time and safely. Martyn from Kalkan secrets was awaiting our arrival and although we had stayed in the lovely Daybreak before there were a couple of minor changes for the better of course and after Martyn bid us farewell we unpacked and went to bed.
Woke up at 6.30 English time and as Bri has an injection to do thought he'd better get on Turkish time and start his regime from there.
Another first for us we went out to breakfast. I normally love cooking here bring bacon to start us off in the case lovely fresh bread from Yali and wonderful eggs and fresh tomato normally eaten under the umbrella on the balcony. Not today I I feel too ashamed to admit it oh alright I will we had English breakfast at Merkez. It was B lovely. I even had an English breakfast tea with it. Bri did at least have a Turkish tea. We then wondered down to the harbour to watch the boats go out with a cappuccino at Feners.
We have a narrow boat ourselves and it fascinates me how Poseidon turns itself round in that little harbour along with seemingly hundreds of others. We'd have to do a 27point turn in ours before we even faced the right way.
Stroll back up the hill to the Nur apartments past the green grocers where we bought two nectarines lettuce 4 tomatoes and a cucumber. 9 lire so plough mans lunch it is.
Bri has just come off the balcony and said as you do What's she dissecting over there.? So I'll leave you now and go and find out I 'll let you know later.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Hi Joycie,

So pleased that you and Bri arrived safely.Like you,we usually have breakfast at home.Usually scrambled eggs on toast or beans on toast with cheese or pancakes and a cup of tea (has to be pg tea bags,from uk )......we know how to live !!!

It sounds a delightful change to pop to Merkez for brekkie and down to Fener.

Cant wait to hear what was being dissected........could be gruesome !!

HOL.LETTINGS....http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »
Yep! glad you got there safe and sound..we have had some white knuckle rides from and too Dalaman in the past! I expect most have :o :o
Delays?? I always blame the French whether it's our croissant chomping neighbours or not!! ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »
Glad you are now in Kalkan, joycie and look forward to hearing about your - incident free hopefully - holiday
Might be an idea to start your own blog in holiday reports rather than to tag on to Lizilu's. That way we know where to look for your updates :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Joyce's adventure is in Wonderland
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »
Bit too simple for me having my own blog but I'll give it a try.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
See I can't even get the title right I blame it on the Efes from Cafe Ev. I'll try again tomorrow.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »
Joycie. I think you just replied on Lizzilu20's blog and changed the subject in your reply.
What you need to do is create your own holiday report blog by first clicking HERE and then clicking on 'New Topic'.
B

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
Glad you arrived safely Joycie  :)

Sounds like you're settling in nicely and don't worry about joining my blog. I'm more than happy to share if you don't manage to sort it out  :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »
Yes, so glad you are there safe and sound, and so lovely reading your post, and am looking forward to reading more Joycie.  :D Amazing isn't it, how much you can buy in the greengrocers for so little TL, and such lovely produce too. 

J

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2014, 06:45:16 PM »
Joycie the bread shop under the veg shop has fabulous bread and cakes as well as being a café. The bread will freeze beautifully so there is ne need to send Bri out each morning.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Joyce's Adventures in wonderland.
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2014, 05:35:56 AM »
So I went off to find my glasses because the dissector wasn't quite in my range but as usual they had got a life of their own , usually on the top of my head but not today and by the time I had found them Mr dissector had finished and I was none the wiser.
So next project was an Efes run. We're quite close to Yali and Migros so decided a walk uphill might not be a bad thing and off we went. My oh my took us straight into the path of Cafe Ev which I nearly didn't recognize because it's garden and wonky chairs have disappeared

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Joyce's Adventures in wonderland.
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2014, 06:03:13 AM »
So I went off to find my glasses because the dissector wasn't quite in my range but as usual they had got a life of their own , usually on the top of my head but not today and by the time I had found them Mr dissector had finished and I was none the wiser.
So next project was an Efes run. We're quite close to Yali and Migros so decided a walk uphill might not be a bad thing and off we went. My oh my took us straight into the path of Cafe Ev which I nearly didn't recognize because it's garden and wonky chairs have disappeared,
When we first came to Kalkan with Tapestry this was the Kalkan Elite and it always looked fab in the brochures. Couldn't afford it and went to the Serra instead. Which by the way was lovely and part of the reason why I adored Kalkan so much.
Anyway one and a half Efes later we made Migros and purchased our Efes. Back to The apartment and a shower and change was accomplished without too much hopping about because of the heat of the water and we meandered out for dinner.
We always went to Yali bar when we first came to Kalkan. Rickety old chairs and tables and a bowl of popcorn which I don't like but always eat so what a shock when we walked down the hill yesterday.Beautiful new rattan chairs and tables and glasses which looked as though they'd had a wash.Anyway the lads were just as nice so we sat and people watched for bit.I must say there seem to be a lot more younger people here this year. Whether it's because we don't normally come till the end of September I don't know but everyone was smiling and enjoying themselves. The other thing I noticed was a lot more men without shirts on. I don't know why maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I hate that. Still live and let live we're not all the same and I'm sure that there are habits of mine which intensely annoy others.
Now whilst I'm trying to do this 7.45 in the morning  talking of annoying habits Bri without his glasses popes up with what are those yellow blocks up the hill? I don't know I despair and I have my glasses on.
Anyway I digress so we couldn't decide where to eat. Last year when we were walking down the steps by Kaptans we met a young Turkish fellow who had just been for a swim and told us he worked at Agora. We went had a lovely meal although we were cold it was in October so we decided to try it again.
We were given the balcony seat which was lovely probably because there was only us there didn't have a starter but we're given two lovely hot rolls with dips Bri had special chicken with mushy peas and I had fish chips and mushy peas. Proper Black Country mushy peas although the menu said it was sole puréed peas and chips. Bri doesn't do sweets but I had creme caramel with ice cream we shared a bottle of cheap red plonk and the bill came to 117l .it was very nice.
So we finished with a gratis apple tea each and puffed back up the hill to our apartment where we sat on the balcony with a duty free brandy and whiskey and looked out on th magical Kalkan.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »
Joycie, thank you so much for posting, really brightened up my day already reading your blog.  I know what you mean about men in no shirts, we noticed quite a bit of that too this year, but each to their own!

Enjoy another day in Paradise today, and look forward to hearing about it tomorrow.

Jayne

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
Hi Joycie,

It sounds like you are both quickly getting into the swing of things.We love Agora as well.Our guests ( first time to Kalkan ) arrived late on Monday and texted us on Tuesday saying that they had already fallen in love with Kalkan.......and have reserved the dates already for next year.

They emailed yesterday to say they were going to Agora,and said "not that we want to make you jealous "........as they know we like it as we had recommended it was a restaurant to try.

They also asked if we knew of a restaurant that did take away Indian or Chinese ! Of course I suggested Asian Garry........I mean Asian gate ! Lovely to eat in and I presume they do take away ?

I am disappointed that we don't know what was being dissected.....I was imagining all sorts of gruesome thoughts !!

Have a great day !

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2014, 08:19:41 AM »
 Thanks for taking time to post joycie.I need to know what the yellow blocks are!!.......you have left me in suspenders :angel:

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
Lovely reports Joycie - it sounds as if you have soon got into your stride. Whilst shirtless men are one thing, in July I was somewhat taken aback to see three young ladies wearing nothing but tiny bikinis, flip flops and full make up walking across the main roundabout and making their way into town.  :o

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
Sounds fab joycie. We didn't get chance to visit Agora this time unfortunately. Definitely must go next year. I too am curious about the gory dissector and the yellow blocks. Keep your eyes peeled joycie and don't tease us with snippets of mysterious shenanigans!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:40:14 PM by Lizilu20 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara

Views: 2570
By: Pompeyalbie
Xanthos