Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The delights of renting (Part 1)  (Read 33902 times)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The delights of renting (Part 1)
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »
Thanks v much Hobbo and Christina, for taking the time to include that information. It is v useful and we will try and put it into practice in December! We managed to get one working last time but can't recall exactly how we did it!
However, if anyone knows anyone who will willingly programme the rest of ours for us (we have 3 units and 6 in our other property so 9 in total and they are already hardwired and in situ) we would be delighted to pay for the service too. Thanks again.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »
Ecosense4000 additional learning and comments..

Fully agree with their replies I was just highlighting my findings and yes our roof bedroom does have extreme conditions in July/Aug (as will many other villas in Kalkan). On my point regarding leaving instructions about the timer, this is so that if a customer comments/complains about the fact that the aircon goes off whilst they are out it can be pointed out that the info was available.. in 3 years of using the ecosense units I have only had 2 guests mention them (both in July/Aug) both regarding the roof bedroom. Interestingly whilst the recommended position is slightly below and to one side (as in the instructions and their youtube  presentations) the website illustrations and leaflets show it above the AC unit..

Other points that might help during set-up :

in the set-up part of the instructions..   'press and hold the delay and day/night set buttons together until a light starts flashing ...... when the light stops flashing the process has been completed ', note there is a led that flashes when motion is detected if are watching the wrong flashing led you could be there for a while..

once the 'learn' of the off command has been achieved and the lock button pressed until the beep etc.. you need to leave the unit without touching any buttons for 15 mins for it to lock and save the settings. This is in the instructions but can easily be missed as you naturally want to move on and configure the day/night and delay settings. (it may be that you can go directly to set these up then leave 15mins but after several failed attempts it worked for me doing it in 2 stages so I stuck with that!)

the youtube instructions http://youtu.be/q38FNxtqmjA are really helpful and clear, HOWEVER not complete.. they miss out how to teach the unit the remote off signal, leaving 15 mins to lock and save settings and the unlock again to set day/night and delay settings.

apologies for the detail but thought it may help someone..
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post very in depth instructions Hobbo.

Albeit, I may have to take you and Mrs Hobbo for a meal & drink in return for....!!!!

Onelove.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post very in depth instructions Hobbo.

Albeit, I may have to take you and Mrs Hobbo for a meal & drink in return for....!!!!

Onelove.
I think several of us will be forming an orderly queue to wine and dine Hobbo.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2014, 06:34:25 AM »
Re the Ecosense 4000 units (the hard-wired kind) - having bought these in the UK at the end of last year I finally got them successfully fitted in my apartment over the last day or so. It was thanks to the endless patience, optimism and expertise of a new friend who gave up a large chunk of his one week holiday to help me. Even for an experienced electrician, it took him a good 7 hours to figure out how to fit the first one. Having cracked this, he came back yesterday to fit the remaining two. Like many others, after hours of frustration trying to follow instructions that were incomplete, we resorted to Skyping the inventor in the UK (Steve Hardman). There were instructions posted online in a YouTube video, but as this is now banned in Turkey we were unable to view. Now that the units were installed and programmed, they work well, and will hopefully avoid future misuse of the aircon.

If anyone is thinking of bringing these units over from the UK to fit in their properties, try to watch the YouTube video in the UK first (although I've read reports that even this is far from perfect). My initial plan was to get a Turkish electrician/aircon engineer to fit mine - but I have no doubt that they would have struggled with the instructions which do not appear to be available in Turkish.

On a positive note the inventor mentioned during our Skype chat that Ecosense is aiming to establish itself in Turkey, and Steve Hardman is planning to come to Kalkan in the next couple of weeks. This might be of interest to anyone who is still struggling to install and programme their sensors.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Renting Villas

Started by maryjane on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2011, 07:51:20 PM
by maryjane
xx
Renting in Kalkan

Started by si18665 on Introduce Yourself

9 Replies
Last post December 07, 2013, 07:51:52 AM
by si18665
xx
Renting appartment

Started by kalkanlover22 on Buying A Property & Real Estate

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2008, 12:25:41 AM
by Layla
xx
Renting a villa

Started by belinda on Buying A Property & Real Estate

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 09:58:06 AM
by belinda

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Me & Him Indoors

Views: 847
By: jinfizzz
June 2011 Holiday