Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Water supply problems?  (Read 4721 times)

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Water supply problems?
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
I have heard of water supply problems in the Ortoalan area. Can anyone shed any light on whether this is an area specific issue or a wider problem in Kalkan? Would be a nightmare if this is true with the influx of visitors for Easter!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11960.0

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
Re: Water supply problems?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:25:07 AM »
The water has been off for two weeks in some areas.

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:15 AM »
Wendy. Do you know why? Thanks

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »
We have been told there is an electrical problem at Saklikent, which might continue until the latter part of May, don't know if that is true or not.  The water was off today in the old town but on by the evening.

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »
We have been told there is an electrical problem at Saklikent, which might continue until the latter part of May, don't know if that is true or not.  The water was off today in the old town but on by the evening.

Latter part of May???? I hope this is not the case. I am surprised there isnt more of this issue on the forum? I hope anyone who is coming to Kalkan for Easter is aware of this. I also understand that the change of administration is not helping with no one to talk to or deal with it!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
Latest update on water situation On KTLN ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »
I think we are now facing facing a major problem in Kalkan that, in hindsight, could have been predicted a few years back.  The planners (and I use this term loosely) have allowed development to charge on with no overview on the infrastructure that is required. It is all well and good building state of the art villas but if you dont have the basics in place, eg,  appropriately sized water mains, drainage, roads, etc. the whole pack of cards is going to crumble.

How ridiculous is it that people who have spent over £500k on a property have no water.

This is a real problem and unless someone at the "planning" level wakes up and addresses this issue, Kalkan is going to become a laughing stock for the tourism market they are trying to attract.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 05:44:40 AM »
We have had so much disruption in Kalkan this winter and its all to improve sewage,water,electric and telecom services plus redoing many roads.The work has been major and must surely make a difference!

Everyone deserves water I dont think paying 500k for a villa actually means you deserve it more than anyone else (sorry just a personal opinion) The local families who live in residential parts and have very young and old in their families suffer just as much.

Lets hope our new mayor gets a grip on the Saklikent problems asap (if thats where the problems are) I saw him 2 days running,out and about in Kalkan,having a good look around.We have certainly seen a push in the old town to get the work finished asap.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 08:41:41 AM »
I think it is the locals that you have to have sympathy for. They live here,in local houses,they do not have £500.000 to pay for a 'luxury ' villa. They have had a ghastly winter with all the disruption, roads, electricity, or lack of, water problems etc. From what I have read they have complained very little and just stoically continued with their lives under very daunting circumstances.

These people are Kalkan's backbone. The infrastructure in Kalkan is not like the UK, but believe me it has much improved over the years we gave been visiting.

Turkey is not England, things are not the same, a more expensive villa does not give automatic rights to have the best of everything.  When buying here you buy into a slice of Turkish lifestyle, and have to take the rough with the smooth.

Offline utah1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
Is the water problem affecting the Kormuluk area?

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
I think it is the locals that you have to have sympathy for. They live here,in local houses,they do not have £500.000 to pay for a 'luxury ' villa. They have had a ghastly winter with all the disruption, roads, electricity, or lack of, water problems etc. From what I have read they have complained very little and just stoically continued with their lives under very daunting circumstances.

These people are Kalkan's backbone. The infrastructure in Kalkan is not like the UK, but believe me it has much improved over the years we gave been visiting.

Turkey is not England, things are not the same, a more expensive villa does not give automatic rights to have the best of everything.  When buying here you buy into a slice of Turkish lifestyle, and have to take the rough with the smooth.

I hear this argument about "its turkey and not england so put up with it " anytime someone posts a negative post about the beautiful, idylic fishing village of Kalkan but unfortunately thise days for Kalkan are long gone. Kalkan now depends almost exclusively on tourism and the "boutique" end of that industry to quote a phrase used by the old and new mayors. The vast majority of locals benefit from the influx of the tourist market. My point is that if you are going to promote this strategy then the planners need to get the basics in place first - like water, sewage, roads, etc. I dont ever want Kalkan to be like England - perish the thought but if people are pumping significant money into Kalkans economy the water should at least be a given for all. Locals and foreigners.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »
As an owner would it not be better to contact the relevant Turkish authorities with your complaints  rather than complain on a website based in UK that has absolutely no control over what  happens with regards to the running and infra structure of Kalkan?
It is good that visiters coming to Kalkan are warned that there are issues with the water supply but your posts on the forum now reading more like a good old rant because you can't have a good rant at the Belidiyes.......possibly because your Turkish is not good enough to express you feelings?

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
JoanH and it is possibly difficult to complain to the Belediye since the election and it's move to Kas

Rubbish collections seem to have diminished, piles of garden rubbish in the streets uncollected, roads dug up months ago still waiting to be relaid ,no mosquito spraying .....

Seems a little disorganised at the moment here in Kalkan but hopefully will improve soon
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:07:21 AM by kevincat99 »

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:09:20 PM »
Four weeks later and still no water supply in parts of Ortoalan and despite fluent Turkish cannot get any meaningful response from the Beleyidse. Utter shambles but hey - its Kalkan and who needs water? 

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:06 AM »
Now into our 5th week of no water in Ortoalan area and whilst everyone at Beleydise is aware of it - little information forthcoming of reason why its off and date when back on. Other than standard response - a few days.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
PROBLEMS WITH POWER SUPPLY?

Started by headroom on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post September 09, 2008, 11:49:20 AM
by Lougie
xx
Water Supply

Started by butterfly on Living In Kalkan

4 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 11:03:59 AM
by Cuddles
xx
WATER SUPPLY

Started by bryher on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post April 14, 2010, 06:39:38 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Water supply and restaurants

Started by elcee on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post June 19, 2011, 05:12:17 PM
by kim21

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal