Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cutting Edge- attack of the Trip Advisers  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Cutting Edge- attack of the Trip Advisers
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
Is anyone watching this? Whose side are you on, the proprietors or the guests???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8766.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Cutting Edge- attack of the Trip Advisers
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
On the side of the guests - all the owners were SO unprofessional.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:34 PM »
We just watched this and felt very sorry for the owners.  You cannot please everyone.  Several of the reviewers really went out of their way to wield power and shower abuse without presenting any positive points.  It was quite clear that some of these guests had personality problems, one was totally obsessive and out to do a power trip on every owner of everywhere he stayed.  The young woman 'artist' was quite willing to give abuse but totally unwilling to receive it.  Quite unfair.

I do agree that the male owner of The Old Forge was rude and arrogant.  However, if you now look at the reviews on TA, he has successfully complained, had a professional review and has several positive reviews now, the negative ones have been removed.  The reviewers of the Hollies could just as easily made their small complaints known to the owner rather than post them first online, then complain.  Such people revel in putting others down.

The TV program seems set on dwelling only on the negative reviews of these family-run businesses and makes no mention of a single positive review.  I think there is no accommodation or restaurant that has ONLY negative reviews.  The program has presented a very distorted report that is indeed capable of ruining a family business.

A much better program was 'Brave New World' that preceded the Attack of the Trip Advisors.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:22:33 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »
Yes, I saw the programmme - a poor look at only one aspect of Tripadvisor's problems.  It didn't touch on owners faking favourable reviews from friends, employees, etc. (funny how many are a first post!).  One reason why I rely more on EK forum, especially from long established members.  Biased reviews are usually spotted - remember the good review of "Rosehip" restaurant before it had even opened!
For the first time in 9 visits to Kalkan and over 100 meals, this year we had two bad experiences - both at restaurants new this year and both with rave reviews on Tripadvisor, so next year it will be  interesting to see if they reopen and good luck to any new restaurants next year, but we will stick to the tried and tested and those surviving into year 3!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:03:47 PM by Alfaman »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Key Cutting in Kalkan?

Started by chownr on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 28, 2008, 09:35:16 PM
by chownr
xx
Key cutting in Kalkan

Started by Newbies on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 06:41:19 PM
by Newbies
xx
Heart Attack Hill

Started by Rachey on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post March 19, 2008, 11:22:36 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Restaurant and boat trip reviews from our recent trip....

Started by elainecris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 07:37:19 PM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal