Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Evening Wear  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Leigh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Evening Wear
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me if I am likely to need bring any cardies with me to wear on a night time - arriving Monday for 2 weeks. 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8504.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Evening Wear
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »
I would say know, unless you are one of those that gets cold really easy, lovely warm evenings. And even if you did feel a tad chilly, the restaurants always have those things that ladies where around their sholders, cant think what they are called...pash, something or other   8)

Hope you have a great time, its really hard not to  ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
We always go to Kalkan in September and I don't usually bother taking anything warm with me but two years ago we had a few days of really heavy rain and cooler than normal weather.  I did get really cold as I only had summer clothes with me and nothing at all with sleeves.  Last year I didn't need anything warm at all  but it's worth taking a little cardi just in case.  As Kalamar Dream says though, lots of places will lend you a pashmina if you feel a bit cool in the evenings.  Or, even better, buy a few for yourself from one of the local shops like I always do :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
I agree with JenJen.   Take some kind of cardi then you will feel prepared if you are unlucky enough to have one or two cooler evenings.    In any case if you are someone who feels the cold you may well want something to wear on the plane for warmth if necessary.   Also by the time you return to UK the weather may require at least a cardi if not a thermal vest!

If you wear whatever you decide on you won't even have to count it as weight for luggage purposes.    I have a favourite soft light jacket (basically thick cotton), always wear it to travel in and it is my standby in Kalkan - generally just a security blanket at I have can't remember wearing it during unless I have been there very early or late in the season. 

As JenJen says most restaurants will loan you a pashmina if it is cool but they are really such a good price in the high street of Kalkan you may as well buy one (or more).    Even I who don't have the clothes gene (nor handbag or shoes gene) still have managed to collect quite a few pashminas in different colours.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »
Agree with others. Been going out in early October for many years and although I always take a cardi and pashmina I've never actually needed to wear them. Off out in 2 weeks time, a bit earlier than usual and hope not to need them again :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 06:51:45 PM »
Paradise, Thursday market.   Have a bargaining session with the pashmina stalls - did all my Xmas gifts for my girlfriends, 12 pashminas - all different,  for the princely sum of £80.00!!!!   Did keep one or two for myself!  Do not know what evenings will be like this Sept, but last year (towards the end of the month), it was HOT!   But I agree, take something for the plane and for one's shock arrival back to UK weather!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »
If it stays like it is at the moment u will not need any cardis as it is still boiling hot in fact last couple of days it has got hotter again and it still hot on an evening too and doesn't look like changing much.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
What to wear?

Started by Joe Bloggs on General Discussion

29 Replies
Last post June 18, 2008, 07:40:40 PM
by felicity
xx
Ditching the Crocs, but what to wear at the beach?

Started by Rachey on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post September 04, 2014, 08:52:33 PM
by Christina
xx
Evening entertainment.

Started by clara48 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 11:09:53 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Good Evening Everyone

Started by pinkyali on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post August 09, 2012, 07:54:21 PM
by tortoise lady

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent.

Views: 2992
By: clara 50
Kalkan dining.