Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just got back from our 4th visit  (Read 3596 times)

Offline ladybird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Just got back from our 4th visit
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:02:06 PM »
Just thought I'd give a report on our visit this year.

Stayed in a villa with amazing views over both kalkan and Kalamar but within walking distance of the town.Taxi back!!

Had some lovely meals in Gourmet, Nar Bar, Mussaka(twice) Fish Terrace, Korsan Meze, Cafe Zula, Cafe Aqua,Cafe Vita BBQ and Coast which had nice food but the service wasn't as good as in other restaurants. Think Fish Terrace and Mussaka were my favourites.
Had 1 bad meal but I wont name as it could have just been an off night!!??

Had a nice  lunch at Lizo Hotel and Sandals by the harbour,was impressed that a cocktail invented by my son 2 years ago was still on sale at the Lizo Hotel!!!

There were loads of others we would have liked to have tried but didnt have the time!

Visited Kalamar beach Club and Palm Beach Club,both collected us and took us home at the end of the day,lovely food and great fun! 8.5 Lira per person for bed/umbrella and transport,great value!!! Great fun for older children.
Tried another beach club which had THE most comfy beds but the food wasnt brilliant.

Trip to Patara and Saklikent to do the River Tubing which was quite an experience !! Hired a mini bus for the day £55 for our party of 7.

BUT we did experience the dogs barking at night in Kalamar and 4 of us had the 'Virus' for most of the holiday,only helped by antibiotics. :( Did stop us doing all the things planned but managed a few.

Will def go back but unsure if our friends who visited Kalkan for the 1st time will because of the bug that they couldn't shift!!

Oh and I have a lovely new Mulberry,as good as the real thing!!!!!!!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Got a weeks holiday end of Oct beginning November,whats the weather like? and are there any restaurants open?

Anyone going soon you will love it!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8375.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Re: Just got back from our 4th visit
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:37:14 PM »
Great report, Ladybird, thanks for taking the time to report back.

Offline ShazzaA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
Hi Ladybird

Sounds like you had a good holiday, despite the dreaded virus!

Before children came along, we always visited Kalkan in May.  Last year we took the plunge and decided to introduce our children to Kalkan.  We went October half term, think we left England on 24 October.

The weather was glorious  :D.  We all wore summer clothes for the whole week and swam in the warmest Kalkan sea we've ever swam in. We all came back with a healthy tan, even the children, and I kept slapping Factor 50 on them!

We only experienced one morning of rain, and that was on market day (and boy did it rain!).  By the afternoon the rain clouds had well and truly wrung themselves dry and the weather was hot and we were swimming in the sea  :D.

It got cool at night so we all took cardigans when we went out to eat.  Having said that, we needed the aircon on at bedtime!

All of the restaurants were open, however a few, and it was only a few, had closed down by the end of our holiday.  I seem to remember the Merkez wasn't open on our last day there, and that was a Monday.  That made me feel quite sad.  A couple of the smaller shops had also closed by the end of our holiday, including Desti.

We're heading back out there on 21 October - I can't wait!! ;D ;D.  Go on, book it.  You know you want to!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »
Great report Ladybird! Sorry to hear though you got the dreaded virus.
We've stayed in the Lizo for the last 2 years and they do a good lunch don't they! Interested to know what the cocktail is at the Lizo that your son invented, we only tried the Mojitos.
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
Would also like to know the  name of the cocktail your son invented.

Ladybird and HolmfirthNicky both mention the good lunch at the Lizo.    Did you have it on the roof terrace and was there shade up there?   If we have a transfer around 1.30/2.00 we like to go out for a very early lunch (brunch?) to somewhere with a view when we are all packed up and ready to go.   We have tended to go to Doy Doy.   Trouble is after the meal (accompanied by of course drinks) the walk back home ready for the transfer always takes longer than we think and is at a hot time of day.  By the time we reach the taxi rank we think it isn't worth it for such a short ride.   I'm thinking we should be looking for somewhere much closer but we do want that last opportunity to gaze over the bay as well as have a good meal.    Then we can be thinking of our next visit to Kalkan........

We are very close to Bread and More on the Kalamar Road so I guess Lizo is a short walk away and has the view, and by the sound of it a good lunch.   But is there shade up there?

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:09:47 PM »
Hi Tortoiselady,
yes there is shade up there as they have big parasols, yes you have lunch on the roof terrace and the view is spectacular. It's a good menu they have and Ali and Sarah will make you very welcome. It is just a 10 min walk from Bread and More at the most, you'll pass the Pasha apartments and the Lizo is just a few yards up on the right hand side.

Offline ladybird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
The cocktail was called White Chanel! Most expensive one on the menu I think! I seem to remember it was something to do with a watch?
The view is beautiful from the Lizo terrace! Enjoy !

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
Had to smile Ladybird when you say the cocktail is named after a watch!! Ali is famous for his watches and has quite a collection of them!! My OH bought one from him in June!
Nicky.

Offline Alan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
Hi, There is now a group on FB called Ali's watch club!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
No surprise there Alan!!!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just back from first visit to Kalkan...did we like it - no!

Started by Rachey on Holiday Reports and Reviews

22 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 06:42:09 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Just back from 1st visit to Kalkan - only one complaint

Started by chrissy1 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post September 24, 2010, 01:26:39 PM
by skauser
xx
first visit - but not the last

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 11:05:59 AM
by bowbad
xx
May visit

Started by popps on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 08:23:20 PM
by Reygirl

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal