Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just back from 1st visit to Kalkan - only one complaint  (Read 5510 times)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Just back from 1st visit to Kalkan - only one complaint
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »
Thought that my get yr attention lol. My only complaint is that we didn't find this little bit of paradise 15years ago. We have had the best time ever the place the people the restaurants the weather had a full fortnight of absolute pleasure - nothing at all to do with the efes or the lal of course. Ate at lots of great places all down to reading some of yr reports on here - our favourite for special times has to be Coast went there 3 times in the end fab each time and we said we wouldn't do that ( Try the tearracotta pot thing its unreal) . Also had great food and service at Cafe Zula, Kosk, Mussaka (tho very cramped ) Trio (lovely boys in there and very friendly) Not so impressed with Chapter One- food was ok service was rushed and not very friendly. Biggest disappointment was Aubergine my food was not good at all greasy and no taste and the service wasn't great either - wouldn't go back there. Must give a special mention to Kosk for value for money - lovely restaurant and good service and a special visit to the toilets they are the best toilets ever lol.Did a boat trip went to a couple of beach clubs and walked for miles up and down the town so now got the Kalkan calves in fact woke up in bed in agony the other night with cramps and sure it was from there. Cannot wait to come back next year already booked 3 weeks in June/July and 2 weeks in Aug/Sept (39 weeks and counting) unless I win the lottery and then we be back to buy - I wish. Now I am only dreaming of the cakes iced coffees smoothies and milk shakes yummeee and back to the lettuce leaves and stuff yuk

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6407.0

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
Re: Just back from 1st visit to Kalkan - only one complaint
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:44:21 PM »
Yay! Great report - loved your attention getter - very topical!
See there's lots to be happy about - you may not have found Kalkan till this year - but now,  a bit of it can be yours always!
Welcome to the world of the 'bitten' ... or is it 'smitten'?
:)

if you can walk you can dance

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
Hi Chrissy1 and welcome back to freezing cold and wet Britain! So glad you enjoyed what sounds like a great holiday.
Thanks also for your balanced report, have taken note for when we go in 10 days.
Where did you stay? Was it a nice place?
Great that you've re-booked, something nice to look forward to in the miserable Winter months! Cathy.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:14:27 AM »
Hey girls thanx for your nice comments, we stayed at the Nur Hotel - good location clean and freindly if anyone gonna stay there don't get a standard room we upgraded to a suite and it was lovely the standard rooms are VERY standard - no room to swing a cat (not even a stray ONLY JOKING!!) Next year we have booked the Samira Gardens had a good look round it very close to the town spotless clean and very freindly with fab rooms and soooooo cheap if u book early for next year - u can even choose the rooms with Jacuzzis and one has a jacuzzzi on the balcony all for the same price. Have a great time Cathy am sooo jealous I keep dreaming of our time there and can't wait for next year. Yeah lorilou we are deffo bitten and totally smitten whichever is the stronger, u know the only way I can describe is it it felt like we were on honeymoon every day god how soppy does this place make u lol. Chrissy

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 09:44:48 AM »
Good description Chrissy - it's a very romantic, beautiful and happy place. We had the second week of our (very) belated honeymoon there last year, and back again in 17 and-a-half days ...

This forum keeps all the memories real and alive - just stay tuned in! (And work those calves before you go back!)

Kefgirl - only 8 days for you now - you'll soon be soaking up the Kalkan vibe! Enjoy.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 06:37:37 PM »
Got me as well, wondered what the one complaint could be!! We booked for next year as soon as we got back in June! It has that effect on you!!
Nicky

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
Hi Chrissy1
Had to laugh when you mentioned the toilets in "Kosk", i only got back from Kalkan on Sunday night, we went there twice as we really enjoyed the food, the service and the card tricks!!! I too paid a visit to the toilets and when i came out i said to the family you must go in, we are easily pleased!!!   

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
If you like the toilets at Kosk, you'll luuurrvvvee the toilets at IBO  ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 10:21:01 AM »
Will have to try them in IBO next year then, Hi Skauser (just because of yr forum name am I guessing yr from Liverpool or is that a disguise) and was wondering are u the lovely family we me in Cafe Zula one night when we were there cos I mentioned to u about Kosk - if it's not u then my apols but hey everyone so freindly that goes to Kalkan I know u won't take offence if it is you all glad u enjoyed and it was nice meeting u maybe see u next year too Chrissy

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »
Hi Chrissy1
Yes i'm from Liverpool but i'm afraid we are not the family you met, pity cause we are a nice family too hee hee! This is the first time we have visited Kalkan and fell in love with the place. My inlaws found the hills a bit too much though but i'm sure the rest of the family will be returning. We found Kosk and our first night and enjoyed it so much we went back another night but the waiter who did the card tricks wasnt there, we had a good laugh with him.     

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just back from first visit to Kalkan...did we like it - no!

Started by Rachey on Holiday Reports and Reviews

22 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 06:42:09 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Just got back from our 4th visit

Started by ladybird on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post September 17, 2011, 12:11:43 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
1st visit to Kalkan

Started by Theshooters on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 11:51:51 PM
by foreverkalkan
xx
1st Visit to Kalkan

Started by cbrierley2 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

1 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 12:26:25 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal