Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Info needed on Patara Prince Hotel  (Read 2419 times)

Offline louise1707

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Info needed on Patara Prince Hotel
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
Hi everyone,

On trip advisor there have been quite a lot of bad reviews about the patara prince hotel.. i have booked a 10 night holiday for the beginning of september and was wondering if these reviews are just picky people or whether the hotel is as bad as people say.. i have been looking forward to this holiday for so long because kalkan looks so beautiful and it would be a shame if the hotel wasn't what i expected..

Thank you  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8340.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Info needed on Patara Prince Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:02:43 AM »
Hi Louise sorry I don't know anything about the Patara Prince but I am sure it will be ok and anyway I am absolutely certain you will love Kalkan and will have a wonderful holiday regardless. You will I imagine want to see kalkan in all its glory so am sure you will spend a lot of your time in the town so a great time will be had for sure, there is nothing not to like about this place and can't imagine for one minute that Patara Prince will be bad so just enjoy and when you have been please post a holiday report on here as we all love to read other peoples experiences. HAPPY HOLIDAY. 8)

Offline kruitze

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
Hello Louise.

Me and my partner have booked an apartment starting the 1st of september.

While I shear your concerns I dont think its going to be that bad. I have found when staff start to treat people poorly you just need to tip them, then they become happy and help you to have a good time. After all, they just trying to make a living.

I'm not worried yet, and I reckon if its as bad as some people are making out, we'll just club together and have good time, be it in Kalkan harbour or making our own enternainment in Patara Prince.

We'll all have a good holiday, no worries.

Offline hayal

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »
Patara Prince is a lovely place but I would definitely prefer renting a villa or an apartment here rather than staying at the hotel as the management is really not all that good! But its easy to go to Kalkan in the evenings and during the day the "beach" and the pool are good enough so I am sure you will have a nice time.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 05:06:04 PM »
We own a villa on Patara Prince and in six years of renting have had very little negative feedback about the resort. I think you will find the location stunning, the pools, the bathing platforms, and the landscaping  breathtaking. Whilst we can't comment on the hotel itself most of the staff have always been very friendly and eager to please. However with some there is a language barrier and they have not been 'trained' in hotel management so sometimes it can be a bit 'hit and miss'.

I personally take very little notice of trip advisor, I often feel people on there are not entirely honest, have a grudge to bear, and magnify problems that can actually be sorted out. You will find a lot of turkish people stay at Patra Prince so it is not a 'British Resort'.

I am sure you will have a very enjoyable holiday with all that Kalkan can offer.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »
We also own a villa in PPR and absolutely love it there ! I read the reviews on TA and was very suprised. It is a beautiful resort with stunning views. I'm not sure what the hotel is like to stay in but agree with MSR that although the hotel staff do not speak perfect english they are always hospitable to us and go out of their way to be friendly. Many of them have become our friends now. I think if you are chatty to the staff then they chat back but if not they will not impose on you.

I would go there with an open mind and would love to hear your views when you return.

Julie xx

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
We go to the resort every year (sometmes twice.... >:D) we love it.
But we do not stay at the hotel we always hire a villa, staff are great though.
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time in Kalkan Patara Prince hotel

Started by laurahayes on Accommodation and Hotels

14 Replies
Last post March 24, 2012, 12:49:11 PM
by Potter
xx
Patara Prince Spa - Wow!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
by Charlie
xx
Patara Prince

Started by Pushkin on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post August 25, 2009, 02:12:13 PM
by Pushkin
xx
patara prince

Started by HEATH on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 07:46:00 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Doug's Dream Job

Views: 4229
By: jinfizzz
Kalkan 1996