Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First time in Kalkan Patara Prince hotel  (Read 4844 times)

Offline laurahayes

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
First time in Kalkan Patara Prince hotel
« on: March 15, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Hi I am staying at the Patara Prince Hotel and Resort arriving early May. This is our first time to Turkey and after reading lots of reviews on here I am genuinely worried! I have read some bad reviews on the Patara Prince hotel and I keep hearing how expensive Kalkan is. Has anyone stayed in the Patara recently?

Also we are a couple going for two weeks half board and would like to do a few excursions and eat out, can anyone recommend how much money to take for two weeks? We are not fussed about going to expensive restaurants.

Also does anyone know if a bus goes to Pamukkle or how much it is to go? And how much canoes are to rent one out by the sea, no tours just me an my partner going out alone.

I know I have alot of questions!! I hope someone can help.

Laura

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9128.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: First time in Kalkan Patara Prince hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
don't worry about prices..you can eat cheaply if you look around and avoid high end restaurants...lots of tiny local places sell good wholesome food cheaply..(try top end of village ..fotos pizza , ali baba etc)you are half board anyway so fill up!!..as for how much too take ..you can't really say without knowing the person....me and mrs lizard have some hefty bar bills! ::) maybe you drink less or more so can't say....you will love it!stop worry and look forward to it .... ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:42:28 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
Hi Laura

We have a villa in Patara Prince and it is a beautiful place to stay. I can't speak for the hotel but I can gurantee you probabaly won't spend too much time in your room anyway as you'll be lounging round the pools or on the bathing platforms. There are three pools to choose from and the views from the resort are stunning. You also have direct access to the sea which is a rarity in Kalkan.

As Blue Lizard says there are loads of cheap places to eat out and we always go as a couple and don't spend a fortune so i'm sure you will be fine.

Let us know how you get on x

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »
The only thing I know about the hotel is that it has a wonderful turkish bath with very good practitioners there.  You can also get all sorts of other spa treatments.  Food wise, as BL says, there are v good value places to eat.  Wine is expensive but beer is fairly cheap. On average we sped approx £60 on a meal with wine for two when we eat out, but you can do it for much less if that's out of your range.  Most mains in the cheaper places are about 10tl which is about £4.  Don't worry you will just love it there.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
We have a villa at Patara prince,can't comment on the hotel but as previously stated you will probably not spend a lot of time actually in the hotel. The views from Patara prince and the landscaping of the resort are superb. We have had breakfast at the hotel and that is fine, plenty of choice and as much as you want. It is a very peaceful place to stay away from the hustle and bustle of Kalkan but only a quick water taxi away . I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday. I know some of the trip advisor reports are pretty negative but in life a lot of people are negative too. Go with an open mind and enjoy the experience.
As for eating out it can be done within a reasonable budget. If you are not looking for a three course meal with wine,cocktails and coffee it can be done cheaply. Vegetarian food is excellent.You will very quickly discover your favourite restaurants and bars and be greeted like long lost friends. I feel sure you will have a good time.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
Oh yes I forgot about the Turkish Bath, the couple who run it are lovely and i've had some wonderful massages there. They do all sorts of treatments and the prices are quite reasonable for hotel.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »
Stayed at patara prince last April . We just missed out on all the restaurants being open  on the site. Everything on the site opens up may 1st and they run a free shuttle boat every hour or two to the harbour. We were there on half board and the food was very nice, the buffet breakfast was lovely . The complex is a bit hilly but then  where in kalkan is it not. We really enjoyed it and the village style atmosphere in the hotel forecourt areas with the Greek and Turkish themed  architecture is lovely. I really enjoyed the complex ,the gardens are wonderful and yes those views those stunning views are to die for

Brian

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:53:14 PM »
As you're half board I wouldn't worry too much about the expense of eating out its more about what you might want to spend on alcohol...or in my case bags :o :o. You can choose to eat out when you feel like and it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it. Patara Prince is such a beautiful setting you might prefer to eat there every night.
There's loads of places that offer excursions in the village - shop around and you'll get a good deal, I'm sure.
Pamukkle is quite a trip from Kalkan it may even be an overnight thing, but ask in the tour offices for this one too - or type Pamukkle into the search facility as I think this topic has been covered before.
Have a great stay :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline laurahayes

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »
Thank you all so much for your replys we are very excited! Does anyone know what the chances are of seeing any turtles?

Laura

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »
Hi laurahayes,  Sadly I have never yet seen a turtle in the sea around Kalkan - will look forward to hearing from others of any good turtle-spotting places, other than perhaps Patara.    You do however have a very good chance of seeing tortoises wandering around - look out for them even on main roads  and just generally wandering around in Kalkan itself.   Not so much the centre of Kalkan now but certainly very close to the centre and in the surrounding areas.   

I am sure you are going to love your visit to Kalkan,   You should see some wonderful sunsets from Patara Prince.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »
 can tortoises swim without being turtles????do they float or sink? or are they that slow they miss the tide >:D >:D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »
Hi, we saw turtles in the sea while on a boat trip that took us around the Kas peninsula. We were staying in Kas at the time but you could always take a day trip and book a boat trip from there. It's the same sea though, so I suppose if they are in Kas, they are just as likely to be around Kalkan too, however we have never seen any while on boat trips from Kalkan.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
we have seen them in Dalyan on the river....and found one on it's back at Patara beach(about 6" diameter)...i don't think it was sunbathing as it had no towel and sunlotion(turtle wax) so my mate swam out with it and let it go...it probably thought "Bugger i was enjoying that little rest!!" ;D

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
We saw a turtle from the adult pool area at Patara prince. He was just by the rocks where you swim from the platforms. Only seen the one though.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 12:49:11 PM »
Saw lots of turtles on visits to Fethiye over the last couple of years.  ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Info needed on Patara Prince Hotel

Started by louise1707 on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 02:30:27 PM
by Legionaire
xx
Patara Prince

Started by Pushkin on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post August 25, 2009, 02:12:13 PM
by Pushkin
xx
patara prince

Started by HEATH on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 07:46:00 PM
by Chucky
xx
Patara Prince Spa - Wow!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal