Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments  (Read 5983 times)

Offline marmitegirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »
 I have booked a two week holiday at the Samira Deluxe Apartments and am so confused now by its location. I booked through Holiday Hypermarket which says it is 1.7 k from the beach, 1k from town centre and 600m from nearest shops etc. Our confirmation has come through with Thomas Cook and on their website the same hotel says it is 200m from the centre and beach. I realise there are several hotels with similar names but this actually uses the same photographs. I realise it is in an elevated position so think the 200m is unlikely. If anyone could give me any information I would be very grateful

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7597.0

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
Hi,
Confusion because there are 3 Samiras. The Deluxe is up the hill in an area called Kisilitas. I have walked the route to the beach and it took me ~ 20 minutes downhill. Shops and centre are at least 10 mins. Samira Hotel is in the centre of town and Samira Gardens is close by. Have seen blatant misdirection on a few sites, Some show photos of Samira Deluxe and describe the Samira and the other way round. It is a long walk from the Deluxe especially in the heat on the way back.
RX

Offline marmitegirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »
Thats what I thought and actually don't mind a walk but do mind being lied to. Surely someone should have dealt with this if it has been going on for a while. Sure I'll enjoy my holiday anyway though.

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »
the samira in town is a lot better location than the deluxe. you will save on taxi fares or aching legs and sore feet! also the samira deluxe now has built an extra apartment block this year so with the one they built last year and the hotel i can imagine the hotel pool will  be very busy .

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
WE like it up the hill and enjoy the walk down. It is cooler and the views are fantastic. Enjoy your holiday!
Rx

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »
yes it is a lovely walk down but it can be expensive or painful walking back up!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 04:51:31 PM »
We always stay in a villa two streets up from the SD as people say lovely walk into town early evening but we only walked back once !!!! after that it was taxi's...the SD used to run a mini bus into town which we used to jump on but that all stopped when the taxi drivers carved up the business in the town. I would walk down to the SD with my son to play air hockey or watch the odd football match and the staff were always really friendly.........and the villas they have in front of ours look really nice as well. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:14:27 PM by misty »

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »
We are close to the Samira Deluxe and often walk both ways, it's a 15 minute walk into town.

If you decide to get a taxi back it will cost 7TL or less than £3. This was the price we were charged twice this week and is actually a couple of Lira less than last year as changes to the road layout have shortened the trip.     

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
you did well with 7tl ! we were there 3 weeks ago and were paying 10tl  the same as last year! do you use the same taxi driver?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »
We paid 9/10 lira last year but that is to Vatan Cad which is 2 roads up from the Samira Deluxe, so I would say about 7 lira to the deluxe before midnight is about right - it's more after midnight though.  ;D

We've stayed at the SD and often visit it for drinks or for a meal and you will have a great holiday there.  Yes it is elevated, yes you will probably have to get a taxi home, but you will also beneift from cracking views and a nice cooling breeze.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:18:26 PM by turkeyfan »
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Mick the Loiner

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 02:22:13 AM »
The shuttle bus from the samira delux was running last year about 4/5 times a day into twon but dropping and pickin up near Omah,s Kitchen so still a walk into town,at least it got us across the D400.The pool area was busier when we were there in September but the staff don,t bother you like they do at the Samira in town.

Offline marmitegirl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
Having visited Kalkan many times before I know I will not be disappointed and am looking forward to a wonderful holiday 8-))

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
hi . I ve stayed at the samira deluxe apartments twice now and am going back for our third time this june , i have just read that they have had another apartment block built , can anyone tell me where this has been built ,is it on the bit of waste ground infront of last years new block of apartments . also does any one now if this has spoiled the views that are so great . thanks craig

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
yes it is on the waste ground in front of last years new build. dont know if it spoils the view from any of the rooms in the deluxe

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 05:22:19 PM »
have heard that the new build is only 9 double rooms so hopefully it wont be to overcrowded at the pool or the BAR ! ,

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel

Started by klakanmanno on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
by Kalkan-Mina
xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments

Started by Karen on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post January 12, 2008, 12:00:36 AM
by bluefudge11
xx
Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe

Started by lblizard on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM
by Chucky
xx
Location of Samira Deluxe apartments

Started by kasska on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post August 24, 2008, 12:48:42 PM
by pas8

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Lost up the mountains

Views: 2039
By: anne41
Bezigan Village