Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel  (Read 5814 times)

Offline klakanmanno

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel
« on: February 28, 2009, 12:31:35 PM »
Hello there,

We are looking to book a one bedroom appt. (sc) in June and I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference is between the Samira Deluxe Apartments and Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel. Both come up as having available one bedroom appt''s and are roughly the same price! Which is best? I am guessing that the Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel option is an appartment based in the hotel grounds where as the Samira Deluxe Apartments is based outside of the hotel grounds? its all really confusing. I know niether of these options are Samira Hotel situated in the town.

Any help in clearing up this confusion would be great :) Can''t wait to go to Kalakan again :)

Thanks

Dom

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2985.0

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:34:29 PM »
As far as I know Samira Deluxe has no hotel rooms. Samira Hotel in town has both rooms and apartments. There has been some confusion in the advertising of SD. especially on Tripadvisor. Thomsons seem to do SD and Samira is only done by Thomas Cook. Hope this helps.
Steve

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »
The Samira Hotel is is an excellent position close to the centre, the Samira Deluxe is on the outskirts and the road is steep. Unless you are quite fit you may need a taxi to get you to and from the Deluxe.
Please bear in mind that the pictures of both these places are shown in both of their adverts in most of the brochures and web-sites, which leads to the confusion!!!
My son thought he had booked for the Samira Hotel, going off the lead picture, only to find he had booked the Deluxe. It took several telephone calls and e-mails to sort out but the Travel Company had to accept that  their advert was misleading. He is now staying at another hotel closer to town.

Offline klakanmanno

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies, as I mentioned neither of the apartments I have quoted are part of the Samira Hotel in the centre of town. They both seems to belong to Samira Deluxe complex.The question was really if anyone knows which would be the better choice, Samira Deluxe Apartments or Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel? I was looking through Thomas Cook website at the June period.

Thanks for info. on location, to be honest my partner and both love walking, so a walk up to the apartment area after a large evening meal should be a joy. Horses for courses I guess.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
There is only one Samira Deluxe in Kalkan and that is the one outside of the village up the hill.  They have self contained apartments but as far as I know like Roxie said do not have hotel rooms.  As said before the Samira Hotel in town has hotel rooms and self catering apartments.  I''m pretty sure you can book on a half board basis in each establishment.  Both are owned by two brothers hence the name and confusion! 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:00:25 PM by Charlie »

Offline klakanmanno

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »
I guess I will just have to take a punt and go for the more expensive appartment hoping it will be better one! Maybe the SD have new appartments they are charging a little more than the older ones this year. Oh well who knows :)

If anyone has time and does feel like seeing what I mean do a search for hotel only on the Thomas cook website for 7 days in June ''09 (Kalkan of course). You will then see the two options I have been presented with! Choices, choices lol.

Thanks again for all the help, very friendly forum, I will book up tomorrow :)

Dom

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:31 PM »
Hi Dom,
Have you check if the difference in the price for the Samira is due to either self catering or bed and breakfast. I''ve just been on Thomascook and that''s the only difference I can see.
hope this helps.
They also let villa''s just behind the hotel.
all the best
T

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 10:09:55 AM »
Would it be a good idea for there to be a sticky at the top of the Accommodation & Hotels section about the Samiras?  Looking back - quickly - there seem to be at least 13 threads about them & they seems to cause more confusion than anything?

Offline Kalkan-Mina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • www.mina-kalkan.co.uk
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan-Mina
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM »
Would it be possible to update the map section on the home page and place a marker on the Samira Hotel,  Samera Delux and Samira apartments etc.?  This may help first time visitors to Kalkan to understand the relative positions of these properties.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments

Started by marmitegirl on Accommodation and Hotels

14 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 05:22:19 PM
by craig3166
xx
Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe

Started by lblizard on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM
by Chucky
xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments

Started by Karen on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post January 12, 2008, 12:00:36 AM
by bluefudge11
recycled
Samira deluxe apartments (One last question!!)

Started by Mitch17a on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 20, 2009, 10:32:13 AM
by fitwenchdidyell

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Leaving the harbour

Views: 3783
By: cer
Harbour mosque