Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe  (Read 4615 times)

Offline lblizard

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Can anyone tell me is there a difference between the Samira Hotel & Apartments, and the Samira Deluxe ApartmentS? If so which is closest to Kalkan town? which to Kalamar bay?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2888.0
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:53:36 PM by joanH »

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
They are two seperate concerns. Samira Hotel and Apart being centrally located in town and Samira Deluxe Aparts, up the hill, quite a walk out of town but not out towards Kalamar Bay.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Hiya Iblizard,most of the travel companies using these two properties,use the details for the samira hotel/apts for the samira deluxe.the samira hotel/apts are right on the edge of town,great location,
the samira deluxe are up the hill that comes down into kalkan,a fair old walk or a taxi. also the samira gardens to confuse you even more,its pretty central and maybe in a more peaceful location.
I stayed at the samira hotel/apts last year and I am staying again this may.
dont forget the photos,discriptions ect are usually for the samira hotel/apts so be careful when booking.

Neil. 8)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:21:21 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Too true Neil,
My son has just fallen foul of the extremely misleading photographs and descriptions on a Holiday site. He recognised the main photo as being the Samira Hotel, and as he knew it was within a couple of minutes of our apartment and the town centre, booked it. His partner''''s elderly mother has mobility problems, and with two young children, he knew it was ideal for them. It was only when we saw the booking confirmation with the name "Samira Deluxe" and pointed out to him  that it was completely different place, a long way up the steep hill, that he looked again and we all saw that they had mixed photo''''s of both places and descriptions. He did not know the Samira Deluxe existed and would definitely not have booked the "Deluxe" as it is not suitable.
He has complained and the matter has dragged on for some weeks now. In the meantime the site''''s photo''''s of the two places seem to be changing daily!!!
They have accepted that the photo''''s and descriptions are misleading but their problem now is trying to find suitable accommodation for the party. 
In checking out other sites, including Thomson''''s, the same misleading pictures and descriptions regularly appear.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
..Joan, was the holiday site your son booked with registered in UK? If it was, has your son contacted Trading Standards? Misleading adverts are against the law and this appears to fall into that category.. ???
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Hiya Joan,TC is one of the travel companies (among many) using samira hotels details for the samira deluxe,I was looking the other day and every tour operator site was the same,It was really getting on my nerves,so I emailed tc and asked them why they used the wrong details I got a reply the next day thanking me for bringing it to thieir attention and they were looking in to it,I thought travel companies checked out the hotels ect that they use,or they used to.

Neil. ??? 8) :o
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:06:52 PM by fidimax »

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Hi,
Looked on Tripadvisor. Their smart deal switches you to Thomsons, who advertise the Samira Deluxe.
Below this is a link to Travel Republic who show the Samira Hotel pictures. I believe they were doing very good deals last year to the Samira. I complained last year to Tripadvisor that there was misleading advertising. Doesn''t seem to have worked. I think TC or direct with Samira Hotel and Gardens are the only ways to book.
R.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Thanks for your comments and advice.
He is still in "discussions" with the firm. The problem, at the moment, is the company involved are trying to find them alternatives, so we shall give them the opportunity to resolve the problem.
Thanks again
Joan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel

Started by klakanmanno on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
by Kalkan-Mina
xx
Samira Deluxe Hotel

Started by Cajaran on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 12:33:57 PM
by tiamaria
xx
Accommodation/Hotel near Samira Deluxe

Started by Emmad on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 08:19:12 PM
by Charlie
xx
Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments

Started by marmitegirl on Accommodation and Hotels

14 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 05:22:19 PM
by craig3166

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan May1992

Views: 3010
By: hobbo
evening view