Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan in April  (Read 3497 times)

Offline peat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kalkan in April
« on: November 02, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »
I am thinking of visiting Kalkan in the second and third week of April 2010, will there be plenty of places open or will this be too early in the season? Will there be tours/boat trips available?
Regards
Peat

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6891.0

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Kalkan in April
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
Hi Peat,
April is a lovely time to go to Kalkan. We have booked up for the first 2 weeks in April for next year.
Although a lot of the places are not fully opened at this time of the year, everyone seems to be getting ready for the summer season, the beach clubs will not be open, and boat trips will not be available, if you want to do tours you are best hiring a car and doing these yourself.
If it is going to be your first time in kalkan i would suggest that you go in May when everthing will be open.
We go at this time of year to make sure that our villa is ready for the summer and to do any jobs that need to be done before the weather gets too hot!!

Hope this helps!!!

Offline GARDENIA PAT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

Hi Peat,we have been in Kalkan in the last week in April before but found it a bit quiet altho more bars are staying open now.Ithink Easter is around the 22nd too so maybe flights may be a little more expensive too,As for boat trips we usually arrive in the beginning of May and sit by the harbour watching the boats being lowered into the water so i wouldn't think the trips would have started. Some restaurants are still only getting ready to open a few days into May and building work should pretty much cease  by the end of April. Weather wise its usually quite nice.We have our flights booked for 30th April ready for the new season to start,shouldn,t wish time away but were sooooooh looking forward to it.Hope thats of some help. ;)

Offline peat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:35:43 AM »
Unfortunately I'm stuck with North Scotland school holiday dates and Turkish summers are too hot for me so it is usually October tattie-week visits to Turkey for us.
I'm sure we'll find plenty to do using local busses or dolmus. Pity about the boats though.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:00:40 AM »
Hi
We often go to Kalkan for a few weeks in April, and will be doing so in 2011. The weather is usually lovely, with maybe an odd day or two being less than perfect. We love it in April, as although there are less restaurants and shops open, everyone has more time for a chat.
The sea is too cold for a swim, but Patara is usually sunny and the beach empty.
I hope you enjoy yourselves.
Em

Offline askhalil

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
may is a much nicer time

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan in April

Started by TC on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post January 03, 2012, 11:08:36 PM
by hobbo
xx
April in Kalkan

Started by merseydave on Weather

0 Replies
Last post March 27, 2011, 05:30:22 PM
by merseydave
xx
April in Kalkan

Started by hodstar on Weather

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
by pw
xx
Kalkan in... April!??!?

Started by jwojwo on Weather

5 Replies
Last post January 25, 2013, 05:46:37 PM
by Irene

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bay of Fethiye

Views: 3339
By: blondie
Omars 20/9/07