Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan in April  (Read 4363 times)

Offline TC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kalkan in April
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »
Hey All, I enjoyed my first trip last August but how is Kalkan in mid April, regarding weather, open restaurants and shops etc? Is it worth a week's break or is that a little too early in the year for the place to come alive? All advice is most welcome.
Thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

TC

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8894.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan in April
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:59:55 AM »
Kalkan usually wakes up for Easter so you should find quite a few restaurants open by mid April.Tourist shops too.Weather is variable but mostly sunny during the day and a little chill in the evenings.Its a fantastic time though with a great atmosphere.The weather allows for trips and walking.You wont find it quite like August but am sure you will still love it.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »
I love Kalkan in April but as has already been said it is very different to being there in August.  Just remember the season hasn't really started and especially if you are travelling with kids there might not be enough for them to do, the boats don't go in the water until closer to May therefore no boat trips and no beach clubs open at that time of the year.  I find most visitors are those who own places and are there to open them up for the season.

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
Kalkan is quieter in April but there should be several places open to eat and I think it is a nice time of year to go. As per the post above the boats will probably still be out of the water. Last time I went the kids were in the pool everyday and there was still plenty of places to eat.

Weather wise it is less certain than May but I've had great weather from mid-March also.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:36 PM »
As all above say it's different to Aug.. Restaurants that are only 'open air' will still be probably closed but most with covered area will be opening around then so still a good choice, pools are a bit on the chilly side unless heated (check with owner that the pool will be open as some will still be closed until May.) I think it's fair to say it's on the cusp and depends what you are expecting.. not as busy, obviously not as hot but still a fabulous place full of fabulous people.

Cheers

Stuart
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
April in Kalkan

Started by merseydave on Weather

0 Replies
Last post March 27, 2011, 05:30:22 PM
by merseydave
xx
April in Kalkan

Started by hodstar on Weather

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
by pw
xx
Kalkan in April

Started by peat on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post November 04, 2010, 09:11:55 AM
by askhalil
xx
Kalkan in... April!??!?

Started by jwojwo on Weather

5 Replies
Last post January 25, 2013, 05:46:37 PM
by Irene

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal