Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: has kalkan pumped up the volume?  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
has kalkan pumped up the volume?
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
Hi - we got back from another idyliic fortnight in Kalkan at the weekend - full report, restaurant analysis etc to come - and were rather struck by the fact that although there were fewer people around, the resort was a lot noisier than in the past. More bars playing loud music etc. even some of the waiters commented on it - particularly those in Sofra where last Thursday night's guitarist was battling to be heard against live music from Mojitos. Anyone noticed this or am I getting to that complaining age???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6559.0

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: has kalkan pumped up the volume?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »
No, you are right. When we were there a couple of weeks ago it did that feel as though to compete with their neighbours quite a few bars seemed to feel they needed to turn up the volume, it was also evident in the harbour between the pirat and Aubergine and not particularly late on. On a couple of occasions whilst having a drink in aubergine we noticed the waiters having to ask Trio to turn the music down, as their customers were having to listen to both. Maybe when there is lot of people around it's not so noticable
Isis
Isis

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
Your post raises a valid issue that Kalkan will need to address if it is to retain the "quiet/peaceful" place that people like to portray. The noise levels at some of Kalkans establishments is way beyond acceptable levels and most definately ruins the peace for most people. Coupled by the howling dogs during the night, that appears to be on the increase, Kalkan is in danger of losing its "quiet/peaceful" status.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
hi all...
just returned from Lovely Kalkan a week ago. have not had time to write a holiday report..hopefully will do soon ..but a short reply to above posts.....think it depends on what you do and where you stay....we had the most peacefull holiday...no dog barking at all..infact thought it was much better than last year.... can't really comment on bar noise as we are usually back at villa by 10 oclock (boring i know).... stayed just above the road at petrol station.. and apart from the fumes from the fire over at next village one night.. everything was pure peace..awe.. wish I was still there.

Already looking at sites to book again next year......which is not usual for us as we like to go to different places...but 'if its not broken why fix it'

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
Anne41, we must have been neighbours.
Once you've cracked the code of how to cross the roundabout - and learned the hard way that it's well worth a few lira to get a taxi home . . . .!!! - it's a nice place to stay up there isn't it?

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
Hi baggy

love it up there ...........looking for a bigger villa next year as I have raved about the place so much some of my family want to come next year...so if you can recommend any !

Anne

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »
Look at the Accommodation section on the Forum, there are lots with fantastic views

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 09:07:45 AM »
thanks Joan .........will do

Anne

Offline Dellbarr

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Yes it'sgetting noisier. We are situated just above the kalamar road behind Express and the restaurants are keeping us awake at nights. Something does need to be done about it.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »
Hi Dellbarr
We are also located in the same area as you, and one of the restaurants beside Xpress Travel is causing us problems with sleeping too, with its endless playing of loud popular music!

In addition to this there is very loud Turkish style music (usually)coming from the Nur/Yali supermarket area!

We continually were blasted with the two different styles of music, which myself and my family found totally unacceptable. We were thankful when the Kalamar Road Restaurant closed in October when we were there!

I do hope it is not the same next year otherwise I will have to take things further, although I am not sure what options are open to me!

Em
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
Hello Kalkan

Started by Neil and Denise on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 06:59:26 PM
by Potter
xx
Kalkan Changes

Started by hodstar on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 30, 2014, 10:19:43 AM
by hodstar

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal