Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fake Jewellery  (Read 32694 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Fake Jewellery
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
Hey Yardan.....great to hear from you!! mrs Lizard and myself always look forward to seeing you when we are in kalkan.I am pleased you didn't take offence at Stevos post,(he is a small fish swimming against the tide)....you are a friend and will always be so......take care and best wishes to your family ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:39:36 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 03:57:08 PM »
Dear Yardan

Masallah! :)

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
I don't understand why a jewellery shop that sells original individually designed rings for £24,000, would resort to selling fake Pandora bracelets?

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »
hi there mr lizard,

i have the definitive answer to the pandora question as told to me by the man himself!

i was given a flyer which i have in my hand at this moment advertising Pandora charms from Yardan jewellery ....buy 5 charms get 1 free it says...charms £15, bracelet £30., don't forget to bring this leaflet for your free Pandora charm.

i asked Yardan about this, saying there was a big hoo haa over this on the website and he said.
'Pandora will not issue a  license to sell Pandora in Turkey, but he has an arrangement with the factory that makes Pandora charms, in Malaysia, to buy the charms from them...in his words ' from the back door' which is why the prices are so much cheaper than from an authorised dealer of which there are none in Turkey.

now i had never heard of this jewellery before this thread and think if a guy can offer the real deal for a great price..why not!

i looked in Yardans shop at his exquisite work and think this guy is ok...by the way Yardan...i still adore the delicate 3 daisies in diamonds necklace...maybe one day......

Offline yardan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
as iminei said, they are coming from Malaysia from the back door but I am waiting next year who I work with Emperio Armani (original :)) they are still talking with Pandora. may be next year if they have chance to be the official distributor means Yardan Jewellery will sell original Pandora. I hope it will be soon.
your necklace is still here and I hope waiting "you". please come and try it again and talk about it. you are more than welcome.
hey blue lizard, thank you so much for your lovely wishes and hope to see you soon. please take care:))
maryjane, you are so lovely. I want to send an other "masallah" to you.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2010, 05:27:25 PM »
Yardan
Cok naziksiniz!

Kalkan Monday - will visit you!
Saglicakla kalin :)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 07:03:01 PM »
Just don't buy any fake goods full stop it would help prevent the unseen misery that goes on in this industry.....

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
But even that would have a knock on effect.People started to holiday in Turkey because it was hot,inexpensive,and you could buy imitation/fake designer goods.If we all stopped now what would happen to the markets and shops and the people who run them?The Turkish economy isgains a lot from tourism,and ,as far as i am aware,selling these goods is not illegal in Turkey.Now if they joined the eu.......

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 09:33:48 AM »
I just don't understand why people want to buy fake goods nine tines out of ten the quality is poor and how sad do you have to be to try and impress people with products that are not real.........then you have the issues of child slave labour, drug and terrorist funding etc etc this is all part of the industry remember that when you buy you next fake bag watch etc etc

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
When i was younger (long,long ago) i wanted the latest fashions and,i am sure ,wore fakes.These days i am just happy to find things that fit and are comfortable.People who buy fakes are not always sad or misguided,sometimes they are, as we all were,young and just want to fit in.What i cannot understand is why anyone would pay hundreds of pounds for this years handbag,dress,coat etc,from so called official outlets.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2010, 11:50:17 AM »
you have no guarantee that just because you buy an original T shirt for vast amounts of spondolicks that it isn't also made in places where cheaper ones are made...it is a greedy profit driven market is it not? ::)

i like my G Star shorts and my fake t shirts thank you very much :angel: 

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »
Most reputable MFG's will strictly control how their products are made including the age and conditions the workforce work in........ Mr Lizard I've seen you in town on your Rolliex watch and Lovi jeans  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »
Pandora only has one dedicated factory making the charms and it is based in Thailand. I'm sorry, but anything coming from Malaysia isn't going to be real - I don't want you to be fooled, Yardan :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
I do not really want to add fuel to the fire - but in the UK I stock named , luxury brands, know their provenance and where they are made (and under what conditions).   I bought a beautiful carpet when I was in  Kashmir, found out much later who made it, and gave it away to a charity shop, in the hope that the money eventually would find its way back.  No, am not being a martyr, but agree with a lot of the comments - so rightly mentioned "blood diamonds" spring to mind.   Yes, we will always have "rip offs",    BUT, if it keeps people in work, albeit not to our UK wage standard or work ethic, who are we to lay down the law ??? 

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:35 PM »
The whole subject is far more complex than we perhaps imagine.When i have watched programs made by undercover reporters about the conditions that children and the other workers have to suffer ,it makes me want to weep.But ,as was pointed out to me by a friend who is a member of "an ethnic minority",i am looking at it through the standards of my western upbringing.That child,or worker,is bringing money into the family without which they would starve,there is no welfare state to help.So what do we do?Is it really possible for Primark etc to sell a cotton tshirt for £2.50 and make a profit after the importer,manufacturer,distributor etc have had their cut?How much of that £2.50 goes to the worker who made it,or the worker who picked the cotton,or farmer that grew it.The only way,as i see it, is through education both abroad where it is made,and here in the west where we are buying the goods.To say dont buy fakes etc. is not the complete answer,if we did that to salve our conscience,it could mean many people being in a worse condition than they are now.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
I used to buy my pants in Primark ......until the bottom fell out of the market :angel:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Jewellery - best place to buy

Started by bluefudge11 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

42 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 06:11:55 PM
by lolly
xx
Pandora jewellery

Started by Lucy Lou on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 04:36:25 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
RAMO Jewellery - email address?

Started by Melek on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 12:06:31 PM
by Melek
xx
Jewellery Shop with the cats... and the guy that sells the towels

Started by claire on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2009, 07:06:05 PM
by claire

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Theatre at Kas

Views: 3088
By: headroom
Kalkan cat