Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fake Jewellery  (Read 32692 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Fake Jewellery
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
on reflection......I think if I bought a 'pandora' bracelet anywhere but a pandora shop I would assume it was fake....now there's a considered response?!
ps.....I can't make my little face icons work any more so can't put the devil face
any thoughts wise people??

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
Stevos final response was as unpleasant as was his initial posting, making sweeping and factually incorrect statements. We shall continue to patronise and recommend Yarden to all our friends, guests and visitors in general.  As Babs says it would seem very obvious to me that if you purchased a Pandora bracelet at a third off the usual cost in Turkey that it would be a fake.

Isis

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »
Stevo you are entitled to your opinion but I have to take issue with your comment that it's safe to assume that all jewellers sell fake stuff. Many shops sell copies of popular ranges of jewellery however I imagine that given the price of these items and that the shops don't have a sign outside saying "Links of London" or "Pandora" people realise they are copies. It is another matter entirely though when talking about the other items of jewellery, many of which are designed and made by the jewellers. I have never heard of them being anything other than wonderful pieces and extremely good value and certainly not "fakes"
We all need to be very careful when making accusations on a public forum and certainly accusations which potentially could harm the business of any individuals

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2010, 03:04:30 PM »
Oi,Stevo,A couple of years back I bought two watches on the market,one was a GUCCI,they cost me a tenner ! but I could tell they were fakes,even with my head up my A*** !!!!!!
maybe you should  take yours out when buying in future !   :o
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
well Stevo...if you were looking for a reaction to your first post ..you got what you were looking for...you say you were neither significantly out of pocket nor do you care much?......yet you see fit to smear someones name and business.I know Yardan......i don't know you,.i am happy with that..It is interesting to note that this has drawn 20 + different posters who you believe are all wrong?yet it is they who have heads in a dark place?................... :-\
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
I've never bought jewellery in Kalkan and never intend to do so (sorry, Mrs E) but think I would know real from fake.  BL and Fidi - either of you think the original poster should keep his head where he mentions in his delightful second post?

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »
If Stevo won millions on the lottery I'm sure he would respond to the question of what he was going to buy first by saying, a new ar$e, mine's got a hole in it. Must be a fake.  ;D :D ;)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »
I can see why Stevo put the first post on however I do think the arse comment was out of order.

Personally im gutted that my 3 for a tenner Armarni T-shirts from the market arnt real  ???

Offline PACHSU

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 05:28:53 PM »
You only got three for a tenner?!
I'm gutted that you can no longer get any kit off the market from Tommy Hillfighter.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
I am not saying Stevo is wrong about being sold a "fake",what I am saying is,in a country where "fakes" are the norm,make sure what you are buying is the real deal,if you are getting a big name item for a third of the price at home,it probably is fake.
It seems Stevo never asked if what he bought was a fake,and was not told is was a copy,if so who is in the wrong ?
Stevo or the chap selling some of his work ?  ::)   ???
Just like a the ladies buying the "designer" hand bags,I doubt for one minute you think they are the genuine article,but really good "fakes" and a hell of a lot cheaper than the real thing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:58:41 PM by fidimax »

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
 Fidimax you are spot on. Over 15 years I've bought so many things in Kalkan but never ever have I bought anything "recognisable" without knowing it was fake. Never needed to ask as was obvious from the price and also not many market traders have a license to sell Armani, Gucci et al ::)

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 06:55:43 PM »
If Stevo won millions on the lottery I'm sure he would respond to the question of what he was going to buy first by saying, a new ar$e, mine's got a hole in it. Must be a fake.  ;D :D ;)
Pachsu - that's priceless. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks!
I'm not one for buying jewelry on holiday. But this year i might make an exception ...
I really rate this community, and that for the most part the folk that take part are genuine and care about Kalkan as special place, and have an honest interest in the people who make it possible for us to enjoy our time there.
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »
the thing about the bags in Turkey that everyone should know is that 90% of the real articles are made there. Most of the major fashion houses use Turkey because of the quality of the leather and the workmanship - which is why a lot of the fakes are so good (they're made in the same factories) - not sure about the jewellery, but the owner of a very reputable high end jeweller has looked at my "Franck Mueller" watch and said its hard to tell the difference...but I did pay a fair bit more than a tenner for it ::) ::)
You can get some very good quality fakes in Turkey, but you do have to know what you're looking for. If you want a watch or a bag take a picture with you or look closely at the real thing before you leave so you know the look and feel of it to compare. I've been very happy with all my "genuine fakes" and I've also been happy with some of the fantastic (non fake) jewellery we've bought in Kalkan.
I'm sorry, Stevo, if you've been naive enough to think for some reason the "real thing" in Turkey is far cheaper than anywhere else in the world ::) ::)

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline KalkanKat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »
Sorry, misread the top end of the town.  Yarden jewellery is bespoke and he makes some really unusual pieces which are all genuine, I did notice he has recently started selling fake Pandora bracelets and charms at very cheap prices, maybe this is what Stevo is referring to?  Although these are fake, they are quite good quality and alot cheaper than England prices.  Yardens jewellery shouldn't be confused with the 'fake' designer jewellery that he sells in his shop.

Is it me or has this post been missed in the hysteria?

???

Offline stevo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »
OK, I've been had, I'm naive, gullible, etc., etc.  I thought I was performing a public service with my original post  but this website appears to be populated by people who either spend their whole lives in front of their computers posting stuff, some of whom have in excess of 2,000 posts to this website alone!!!, or who can't bear to hear anything that smells of criticism of their chosen Nirvana. One respondent chose to try to impress with Latin (carpe diem), I think he must be Hilda Baker in disguise because I presume the t@@@@@ meant caveat emptor.
To those of you who responded politely and in the the spirit I intended with my original post, thank you very much. To the majority who seemed only to want to denigrate me, go f@@@@ yourselves. I'm off somewhere civilised for a week now and will not be returning to this website so your responses will be simply for your own incestuous consumption. 
Cin, cin. Stevo.

EK Safety

Post content censored & user ban in place
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:20:18 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Frequent visitor to Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
Enjoy

We have just bought two 'Rolex' from Borneo £5 each

Love fakes, however, I cannot get away with Pandora bracelet's  What is the pull?  Help !

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
Thank you EK Safety.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »
Hi toprngr perhaps you would like to introduce yourself and your connection with Kalkan.

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »
The point that many people have made on the forum  is that the local shopkeepers are not trying to pass off copies as the real thing. Anybody with common sense, looking at a handbag, watch or piece of jewellery being sold at a price considerably below the actual retail price in the UK will know that they are not looking at an authentic product but at a copy.

In my experience, all the shopkeepers readily admit, when asked , that their products are copies, and we have all seen the 'genuine fakes' sign outside the harbourside watch shop.

Kalkan shopkeepers are a remarkably consistent group, most shops are here year after year. They are in the main very trustworthy and very trusting of their customers, I have often 'bought' goods with no money changing hands because I had no cash at the time and have been trusted to return a few days later and pay.

In this small community we work on a basis of mutual trust and reliability and any bad apples disappear very quickly.

Will

Offline yardan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »
I think after all these amazing conversation there is nothing to say. Stevo explain himself unfortunatelly. When I finish all these replies I realized there is lots of people they are defending my rights and they are not customer any more. They all my friends. I really honored to read all what you wrote and said about me. When I opened my own shop I never be sure what will happen but now I can see  :D .
I love you all and you are always more than welcome to your shop anytime. Please don't forget, in Kalkan you have a place and the door wide open for you always.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pandora jewellery

Started by Lucy Lou on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 04:36:25 PM
by Pompeyalbie
recycled
Jewellery - best place to buy

Started by bluefudge11 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

42 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 06:11:55 PM
by lolly
xx
RAMO Jewellery - email address?

Started by Melek on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 12:06:31 PM
by Melek
xx
Jewellery Shop with the cats... and the guy that sells the towels

Started by claire on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2009, 07:06:05 PM
by claire

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal