Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fake Jewellery  (Read 32696 times)

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Fake Jewellery
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »
guys,
don't you think it is interesting and perhaps telling that after 'stevos' initial post which has caused, rightly, this flurry of 'conversation'...he has not 'said' a dickie bird?!!!
and would someone pleae enlighten me as to what the h&** a WUM is, i'm sure its very obvious but...

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »
Well said! And Blue Lizard is right, if your not happy with your purchase then take it back.  I bought a necklace from Yarden a few years ago and I broke it, I took it in to his shop last year to get it repaired, he said he would repair it free of charge or I could exchange it for something else, you don't get that in H Samuels!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »
If Stevo is genuine and not trolling, he/she must only be referring to the fake Pandora, Tiffany and Links of London stuff, not the diamond and gold jewellery on offer at Yardan. The poster is comparing the shop with Oscar's at the harbour, which does sell "genuine fake" jewellery - he/she has made a rather sweeping statement without clarification. To be fair though, only Oscar actually points out his watches and jewellery is fake...generally you can tell in the other shops by the weight of the items.
Stevo, the balls in your court here...if you don't come back on the forum and explain, we'll know that you really need to get out a bit more ;) ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 12:16:03 PM »
Well, "Stevo", I think BL has said it all.
People don't like it when honest, fair and talented trades people are disrespected.
Everyone wants to hear if there is a true misrepresentation or bad practice, but from what has been said repeatedly here, you are mistaken.
if you can walk you can dance

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
Dear Iminei
WUM stands for Wind Up Merchant!  All power to" Enjoy Kalkan" posts, we spot them, bait them,
query them, they then back down.  Power to the people!!!

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
I took it in to his shop last year to get it repaired, he said he would repair it free of charge or I could exchange it for something else, you don't get that in H Samuels!

not without your receipt, guarantee and three rounds in the ring with the biggest manageress in the shop!!! hahahha

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »
we should pettition the Mayor and have all jewellery and handbag shops closed with immediate effect, gents, don't you agree! :D

Offline michelle2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 12:58:29 PM »
Or a large sign outside every shop stating whether the stock is genuine or fake for those that are too niave to tell the difference!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »
Why do we attract WUM's - ignore it, they WILL go away, hopefully in a puff of smoke. 
Are they lacking something in their lives?| No, am not responding, would not give them the satisfaction, just pointing out - Avoid idiots! My sentiments, not general populace opinion of the forum.  Will not say anymore, let them enjoy themselves (do not mean that in a rude way), but I am sure you get my drift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
Anyone with a brain between their ears will know you cant buy real rolex for 50 quid ( eg).
WUMs,here today gone tomorrow,as usual,bye bye !
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline EniÅŸte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 01:48:12 PM »
I think these posts are more than wind-ups.  One casual negative comment can have much greater effect than the writers perhaps realise, whether about a shop or a restaurant or any business, and one negative may require 20 positives to get back to where they started.  Occasioanl visitors to EK may only see the negatives and believe them to be accurate.

Maybe a coincidence, but wasn't the main protagonist in the TV series and movie 'Jackass' called Stevo too?  As I recall, he was somewhat intellectually challenged (too).

Offline EniÅŸte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 01:57:24 PM »
Neil, the real ones are actually called Rulex - trust me, I've got 4!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »
well said everyone.....one negative comment and now the result is lots of positive publicity.....its almost worth a business in Kalkan having bad things said about it so that the faithful do their bit.....it is a foolish person who faces the wrath of the Kalkan faithful!
two more sleeps and we'll be there....last year's Rolex is just beginning to slow down and the Mulberry purse is looking a little worn.....so shopping we must go!!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »
Oh dear, I have got a real Rolex (UK purchased) - does that mean something?
Polite replies only please!

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »
mmnnnnnnnnnn...........

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Well the good news is after this Yardan should get some extra visitors, I'm sure he'll be reading this when he knows what has been said. An honourable man with a wondrful wife. We're back next week Yardan looking forward to picking up my bracelet ;)
Carpe diem

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »
Has anyone posted this thread onto Yardan? He's probably in his rights to take legal action for libel. Although all the posts on this thread have been rightfully supportive how many have visited and thought " ... umm, there might be something in this, best avoided ..." .

Although I've never purchased anything from Yardan, I've talked to him many times (he has a very nice dog, Bella, which my children adore)  and I can't believe he'd deliberately set out to con anyone.

WUM or not if this type of allegation was happening to a bespoke jewellers in the Uk the law firms would be licking their lips. WUM Stevo respond now.

Offline stevo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »
In response to all the replies to my original post I can confirm that it was Yardan the jewelller (guy with a ponytail), the product was a 'Pandora' bracelet, it cost about two thirds UK price (so did not raise undue suspicion), no attempt was made to suggest it was anything other than genuine and when my wife went to buy an additional attachment in UK it would not fit the bracelet at which point it was confirmed a fake by UK jeweller.

We are not significantly out of pocket and I personally don't care much but thought it the decent thing to warn other visitors to be on their guard.  I am not trying to disparage Kalkan, we had a great holiday and would/will go back again. I just thought it a shame that with so many friendly, hospitable restaurateurs, shopkeepers, artisans etc. that what appeared to be a reputable jewellers was conning tourists.

To those who can't believe Yardan could do such a thing I can only suggest you pull your heads out of your arses.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 08:58:35 AM »
What a charming reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 09:04:15 AM »
heads out of arses!   charming

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Jewellery - best place to buy

Started by bluefudge11 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

42 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 06:11:55 PM
by lolly
xx
Pandora jewellery

Started by Lucy Lou on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 04:36:25 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
RAMO Jewellery - email address?

Started by Melek on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 12:06:31 PM
by Melek
xx
Jewellery Shop with the cats... and the guy that sells the towels

Started by claire on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2009, 07:06:05 PM
by claire

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal