Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: beach towels  (Read 6841 times)

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
beach towels
« on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:14 PM »
Bearing in mind the current flight allowances for luggage and the fact that HE is 'just travelling with hand luggage, i only need a change of shorts and a couple of pairs of pants' (yeah, right!) is there anywhere in Kalkan that i can buy a couple of nice big beach towels for use during our stay? also an idea of cost?thanks guys, (blue lizard, Oh font of all knowledge, I'm looking to you!)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6170.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: beach towels
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »

....if its towels, then that would be me ;D ;D ;D
First of all check with your accomodation that they don't provide pool or beach towels...as some do. If you arrive on a Wednesday, then the best place would be Kalkan Market on Thursday - first thing. If not, then there are several places in the village that sell them - you will pay about 15tl for a decent size, good quality beach towel. I've seen them cheaper in Yali supermarket, but not the same quality. Our towels are bought on the first day in Kalkan and ususally left behind because of the weight. However, we'll be taking ours the V&B next year for KAPSA- you might consider doing the same?

For more towel info, try typing it into the search facility...there's lots in there (mostly from me :-[ :-[ )
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »
Ha Ha iminei...you just knew old Lizard legs wouldn't let you down!!!! Sevil supermarket were selling large beach towels in lots of colours for 10 & 12  TL (june)....they are/were  outside ;) :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:40:42 PM »
Aaahh Lizard...you come to the rescue once more!!!hahahahaha

However, we'll be taking ours the V&B next year for KAPSA- you might consider doing the same?

OK, I'm intrigued...what does that mean????

our hotel does provide towels for the pool, but I'm sure that wont like us taking them to the beaches or saklikent for the day, would they?

what about the beach clubs, do they provide them and will some one PLEASE tell me whether the beach clubs charge entrance?????

lastly, on the public beaches do you have to rent a lounger and parasol or can you lie on your towel (an invaluable thing to have as every good hitchhiker knows) you Mr lizard should know the answer to this one.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
Imini
Re V & B - that is a fashion shop called Vessila & Brako, to be found on Hasan Altan Cad.   This is a drop off point for items, donations etc., towards helping Kapsa, which is a rescue society for the street animals.  They do incredible work, and rely heavily on the goodwill of us visitors, the majority of whom are incredibly generous.  If you buy some towels, as K4e said, why not donate them at the end of your holiday, they will be most welcome.  When I come out, I will buy some in the market, as I will not have much room in my case with all the animal food I am packing!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »
Beach clubs don't charge an entry fee but charge for loungers and umbrellas and expect you to buy drinks and perhaps food.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:58 PM »
sorry to confuse you, iminei..there's been a recent thread about this, thought you might have picked it up, hence the lack of explanation - thanks maryjane :)
The town beach is free, you only pay to hire sunbeds and a parasol - 7tl for the whole day! Not a huge investment for their relative comfort...the stones are massively uncomfortable to lie on with your towel, IMO, but you do see loads of people doing just that (mainly locals who seem immune to the stones ::) )
A parasol is a must for us - to keep our cool bag in the shade!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:26:16 PM by kalkan4eva »

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
It's also worth having a look at the proper turkish towels in A la Turka which is opposite the Rendezvouz on
Hasan Altan Cad. The main street down to the harbour. The small towels are used in turkish baths as small wraps, the middle size make great sarongs and the large ones are excellent bath towels. Made of woven cotton they are very effective and also very beautiful. They also make great presents. In London they cost a fortune. Lovely patterns and colours they cost from about 10tl.

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »
nice idea Tonik!
however, unless i really do just take what i usually wear on a two week hot hot hot holiday and forgo the cocktail dress just on the offchance i do meet the millionaire, (under 50, single, definitely not gay...think voice of George Michael, face of George Clooney, body of George Clooney...ok well just George Clooney with a full George Michael cd collection!) and the 5 pairs of shoes, the ..... etc etc. I will need to buy another case to bring the towels back in!!! though 10tl is very tempting....no no no i'd rather buy some cheap(ish) and cheerful to donate afterwards! (Didnt know cats and dogs went for a day on the beach and needed towels but hey ho!!!hahahaha)

kalkan regular...thank you thank you thank you for the answer to beach club entry fees!!! are the sunlounger charges drinks prices massively dear or about par??? and what is about par??

thanking you in advance, Iminei

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
the beach clubs to vary in price for beds, food and drink etc. If you type "beach clubs" into the search facility, some of the more recent threads will include prices for this year.
Palm Beach Club, our favourite, was around 100tl a day for us when we were there in June. We would arrive early morning and have tea and coffee, then water throughout the day and quite a few Efes for BH. Always lunch, with wine and more water (and Efes) in the afternoon - sometimes an ice cream :) 
Use this as a guide if you don't fancy trawling through the old posts ;)

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
100tl!!!!!!

thats about £42!!!! for a couple of sunloungers and a parasol...
are you kidding!
Id expect to get a punka wallah for that!
or have you added a nought?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:32:33 PM by iminei »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »
iminei, that was £42 for ALL I mentioned there for the two of us....not just the sunbeds and parasol :P

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 07:46:08 PM »
iminei, that was £42 for ALL I mentioned there for the two of us....not just the sunbeds and parasol :P

Well, i think that's good value for a day out with lunch and drinks! I went to Bath last week, it was £39 per person for three hours in the Thermie Baths. We got to use the facilities, (two pools, saunas, lockers) a robe, slippers and towel to get you from pool to pool, and a single course meal with one drink. it was very lovely, but still, in comparison, pricey.
if you can walk you can dance

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
Did you keep the Robe ,Slippers and Towel.......look out for a towel with "Bath Council" on it!!! :P ;D

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 03:59:18 PM »
phew!!
sorry i thought it was you know....D'OH!!!
Bath Spa is ridiculous, i went one year and got a brochure called in the next year to spoil myself for my birthday and they'd put the prices up by £10 £25 for various treatments...at the height of the recession. I was outraged. needles to say i didnt have a treatment, no im going to kalkan for that. I've promised myself a pedicure and, when i arrive,  a turkish bath, but am dithering over which turkish bath to go to. Any ideas???

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »
Definatly Atlantis, it is the nearest you will get in Kalkan to an authentic Hamam. It's very clean and well run. You will find it along side the Yali supermarket on the left hand side. Definatly go the first day it will make you feel sqeeky clean and improve your tan.

M

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »
thank you...is there a way to book before i arrive or are there usually spaces?
i get there monday...so tuesday? and is it better to go in the morning, afternoon, evening?

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
I personally like to go on the first morning around 9.00am then you have the rest of the day free, it really is a good way to start your holiday but timing is personal choice the telephone number from UK is 0090 242 844 3790. I sometimes pop in the & beek if we arrive in the evening. Enjoy.

M

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
so there are usually spaces available  to book for the next day??
dont really fancy calling turkey as A) the husband would have a fit and B) if the person on the other end of the line is turkish i dont expect to be able to make myself understood....bir mavi kadin ev bir kirimisu adam.... see what i mean??

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
Iminei if you call the spa, I'm sure you'll have no problem being understood, or understanding ... they deal with tourists all the time ... but as for the wrath of Mr Iminei due to your calling Turkey, well, that's another matter!
 >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Micro fibre beach towels

Started by BarbH on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post March 31, 2014, 11:54:22 AM
by kalkan4eva
recycled
Towels

Started by kalkan4eva on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post April 30, 2008, 08:49:22 PM
by yoyo
xx
Pool Towels

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

26 Replies
Last post February 04, 2009, 09:48:55 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Turkish towels

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post January 28, 2013, 11:53:27 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan cat

Views: 2828
By: saskia
EK 70s Night