Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Towels  (Read 8961 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Towels
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:14:43 PM »
It appears the towel shop opposite Cafe Del Mar has become another establishment to eat and drink  :( :(
I''m so guttted as we bought some fantastic towels there last year and had hoped to do the same this year. I''d planned to not bring any beach towels at all - just leave room in my case that would allow me to buy some (and bring them home - we left last years beach towels when we couldn''t close the cases  :laugh:) and some bath sheets to match the gorgeous hand towels I''d bought. The quality and price were amazing. I can''t remember another towel shop in Kalkan, but perhaps those of you that live there, or visit more regularly than us might know of another that I didn''t come across?
I''d be really grateful for your help.

thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1424.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Towels
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 06:16:08 AM »
If you watch what you are buying there are a couple of stalls on the market on a Thursday or Fethiye on a Tuesday has a much wider choice

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »
We bought all of our towels for our apartment in Fethiye market - some of them are exactly the same as I have at home complete with the Next label!  Great quality for the price.  But if the market day isn''t early enough in your holiday then there is a shop on Kalamar Road that sells wrought iron furniture, curtains, bedding and lots of different towels.  I''m not sure what its called but its a little bit up on the left and usually has a wrought iron bed on the road outside. I haven''t bought towels there but the''re are lots to choose from.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:50:25 AM »
as turkey is a major cotton producer you will find no shortage of towels, kalkan included. as well as the market many shops sell towels. billabong had nice beach towels ones last year, as did several of the tailors. v&b have bath & hand towels along with great bath robes.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 02:11:08 PM »
thanks for all your replies...we arrive on a Friday, so we''ll buy our beach towels in Kalkan, but save buying some for home till we get to the market in Fethiye...think Neil may be replying to another thread here  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Eljhem

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »
We brought some good quality towels at the shop opposite Cafe Del Mar last year and also in at the Thursday market (stall before the lemon spray man on the right)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Thanks Eljhem...the shop opposite Cafe Del Mar was fantastic for towels, so I''m really disappointed it has closed down...there obviously wasn''t enough business for them - and maybe too much competition from the markets :(

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
Hi Kalkan4eva..I think the other thread that I started implies that the towel shop is still there - the new jewellers is slightly uphill from Cafe Del Mar - not quite opposite - so you may yet be in luck..!   :)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »
lets hope they haven''t thrown the towel in!! ;) ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
Hi Felicity,
I think some of the posters on the thread you started on the new jewellers have indictated that the towel shop has indeed gone  :( - not to make way for a jewellers - but an extension to La Turka which was always above the towel shop. Apparently downstairs will be a cafe and upstairs a restaurant and the place has been renamed La Terrazza....I think it''s safe to say towels will not be on the menu  :D

I need to get over it now... ;)...or as Blue Lizard says throw the towel in!  ;D ;D

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »
There is an excellent shop which has a  huge range of good quality towels, bathrobes, bathmats and bed linens in a wide range of colours next to the Kelebek shop on the Kas road, 5 minutes drive from Kalkan.  If you do not have a car, could take the Kas bus and get off at Kelebek. If you buy from them, they will bring you back to Kalkan. Their prices are just as competitive as the market in Fethiye.

lantana

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »
ooooh Lantana....just when I thought I was over my mild obsession with towels...This place could be the answer to my prayers. It was the "huge range" bit that attracted me to your post - I feel a splurge coming on.. ;D
Yes we do have a car and as we''re staying in Kormurluk this year, this place sounds perfect. Can''t wait!!!
Thanks

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
i wash my hands of towels ;)

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »
I''m throwing in the towel.............. ;)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
obvious isn''t it...we are very ''clean'' people..and these sumptious soft towels are very important things to us women to wrap ourselves in...  >:D ;D

Offline superrn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »
wow, I love this website. You all have the best sense of humor and its fun just to read the posts.  Now of course i want a towel and a nice thick Turkish robe to cuddle in!
 By the way, are you all Brits? I love the accent, so I am hoping..... ::)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »
Yes Superrn...can you not tell our VERY Queens english accent from the forum... ;D ;D   :o  Suffice to say - that I think the vast majority of us are Brits...know of the odd exception - but hey - isn''t it YOU - who''s got the accent!!! ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
Hey Feds...don''t get me started on my towel fetish.... :o :o

Sadly it extends to crockery and glasses. Our three (grown-up) offspring have been raised with the notion that there are different towels for different occasions and woe betide them if I found a bathsheet had been used for hair washing :laugh: -they''ve turned out remarkably well given the circumstances  ;D ;D
Then of course there''s the holy grail of towels - the guest towel...(along with guest crockery and guest glasses) I think it was my own upbringing where my Mum had "best" china, "best" glasses and "best" towels...in our house they''ve been re-named "Monica" glasses, "Monica" plates and "Monica" towels after the character in Friends...and if you''ve seen that TV series I need say no more :P

Offline yoyo

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »
Feds, there''s nowt wrung with the Bermingum accent! Though maybe you are mixing up the Brummie accent with the Black Country accent (Wolverhampton etc bit of the West Midlands) like many others do.

From a BBC website:

"People often mix up the Birmingham and Black Country accents.  One of the most famous features is the ''yam yam'' sound when saying certain phrases. ''You are'' is pronounced yo''am and ''are you'' is pronounced ''am ya''."

Sorry for the moan, this should probably be moved to the victor meldrew thread  :P ;D

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
Ooooh, a bathsheet is a waste for hair washing...too bulky!
I prefer a ''turbi towel'' these days, but my mum always had ''special'' towels for hair washing...usually very old ones, especially when i started to dye my hair pillar box red in my ''strange'' days!!  O0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
beach towels

Started by iminei on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 01:26:19 AM
by iminei
xx
Pool Towels

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

26 Replies
Last post February 04, 2009, 09:48:55 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Turkish towels

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post January 28, 2013, 11:53:27 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Problems with stained towels

Started by Christina on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post September 04, 2014, 02:09:04 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal