Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Access to villas above The Samira Deluxe  (Read 15950 times)

Offline blossomhill

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Access to villas above The Samira Deluxe
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:39:02 PM »
Hi - im sorry if this has aready been asked - We are due out on the 12.07.10 & are staying in a villa a couple of roads above The Samira Deluxe, looking at some photos of the road building going on, we were wondering if any one could tell us how we get up there in the car?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5774.0

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Access to villas above The Samira Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »
hi blossonhill,
If you come in on the D400 turn left to Akbel, take the 2nd right (opposite the large glass & chrome villa) and before the children's play area...Follow the road bearing right down the hill this brings you to a concrete road drive along this until you reach the Samira Deluxe....from there you should be able to find your villa. Let me know if you need any more information
regards
T

Offline room302

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »
Hi Blossomhill,

The main road is currently quite inconvenient to access at present as they have just tarmacced one side of the road. Make sure, if you are getting a taxi, you ask them to take you through the bus station as I got distracted yesterday and it cost me 2 Lira extra to take me around the road works and up past the Arcelik shop.

Samira De Luxe run a 4 times daily bus service at 10.30am, 2pm, 7.30pm and 10.30pm. You should be able to sneak on this and pretend you are resident.

Regards
C&D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »
there have been problems in the past with taxi drivers when non-residents have boarded this shuttle bus, so just check with SD before using this service.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »
Hi - im sorry if this has aready been asked - We are due out on the 12.07.10 & are staying in a villa a couple of roads above The Samira Deluxe, looking at some photos of the road building going on, we were wondering if any one could tell us how we get up there in the car?

We have just got back today after 14 days in Kalkhan and stayed along this road. Two days into out holiday the bulldozers arrived and the noise was horrendous. I complained to owners agent who was more interested in comparing watches with my wife than taking a £1300 villa complaint seriously. She fobbed me off to owners in Uk and the owners asked me to phone them. At £1.40 a min on my mobile we put up with it and after being told it was going on till Sunday it suddenly stopped. on the Wednesday. Result. We were in Limon Tree Agaci. A Lovely villa but not quiet as the owners described. Dogs barking several nights just as you doze off even with DGW's all shut we still all got woken up. Best looking villa we have had but needs to be moved to a real quiet location or owners need to be honest in advert as they said the noise was unexpected even tho the entire population of Kalkhan knew about the new road and its by product works in progress. The road opened last week and you can hear noise.

We had a fantastic time despite this and will return but not at the top of the hill as Taxi needed to come back and I am a very fit postman!  I walked up it 3 times in the 14 days we stayed along the hill top and its is so humid your heart wants to move out of your chest.  Taxi was about 9TL.  We walked down and taxied back up.

If you hire a horse via the agent ins town DEMAND your money back if you find the horse are treated bad. i.e. not fed or shoed or stabled. It really goes on. My daughter and another couple terminated the session after a few yards as the horse were lame and you could see their ribs. She demand and got her money back. She rebooked with patarahorseridingclub dot com.  I don’t know her or take back handers for plugging her site bit she is English and knows about horses. My daughter had a fabulous time. phone Ganinne on 0534 2953371 for more info

We also booked quad bikes via agents and a bloke from St Nicholas Travel in Patara picked us up. Brilliant bargain 3 hours through the nat park and if you go direct he will do it cheaper. He also hired me a car for £20 a day. Yes £20.

The Samira Deluxe is expensive for grub bit a great place. The belly dancing on Sat nights is a joy.

For a chap lazy day at sea we went on Sea bella from harbour  stinking cheap, fab food, lazy day indeed superb but watch your drinks bill
If hard work was such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it for themselves?

Offline Duran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »
It always amuses me how different people can view the same experience...

We have stayed at Villa Limon Agaci before and can vouch that it is set in a peaceful location - it is not the villa location that is at fault but the road works and the dogs that caused the noises.  Through my dealings with the owners, we cannot imagine they set out to misinform you.  The whole of Kalkan has been affected by the road works at some point these past 18 months - it was not confined to the two weeks of your holiday!

We enjoyed the walk back after a meal in the town as it gave us time to work off the dinner and then sit up on the roof terrace to watch the view before retiring to bed...which we found to be very comfortable and slept the night through!

Were the agents a property management company or holiday reps?  For a self catering villa, I do not think you should expect property management agents to come out for noise pollution...

Funny that you were not disturbed by the Samira Deluxe Turkish night though - often far noisier than a bulldozer  :o

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
It always amuses me how different people can view the same experience...

We have stayed at Villa Limon Agaci before and can vouch that it is set in a peaceful location - it is not the villa location that is at fault but the road works and the dogs that caused the noises.  Through my dealings with the owners, we cannot imagine they set out to misinform you.  The whole of Kalkan has been affected by the road works at some point these past 18 months - it was not confined to the two weeks of your holiday!

We enjoyed the walk back after a meal in the town as it gave us time to work off the dinner and then sit up on the roof terrace to watch the view before retiring to bed...which we found to be very comfortable and slept the night through!

Were the agents a property management company or holiday reps?  For a self catering villa, I do not think you should expect property management agents to come out for noise pollution...

Funny that you were not disturbed by the Samira Deluxe Turkish night though - often far noisier than a bulldozer  :o
It always muses me too, people who think they are always right. I did say move the villa as it was not a prob. It was the noisest location we have had in many years of staying at many many villas around the world.  The Samira noise was not a prob as we were there on the night. If we want noise we go get it. I object to miss infomation to let a villa and take my hard earned cash when others brings noise to us.
If the road was a problem in building is it too much to ask for a bit of honesty from the owner to say it has been going on and then we can judge if we wish to stay there.
The  Dogs were noisy. The main road was noisy as lorries truddled up the hill hooting. and air brakes hissing on the way down. It was only peacefull first think in the morning, if the dogs would only shut up.

We used the owners agents not reps and if the owner says it is quiet and it is not, then  they should be told about it. If we wanted noise we would have booked a package tour in a crap hotel of which there are many.

When I post the video on you tube you see if you would have put up with it 8 hours a day for 1300 quid of your hard earned dosh.
As for walking up a hill in 30 degree heat with no lights and no pavement. and nutty locals driving with no lights on, Rather you than me.

Offline Duran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »
Cannot wait to see the video on youtube - I am sure will you provide as eloquent a running commentary throughout

I'm with the agent - I would have compared watches or anything else for that matter with your wife if she was more agreeable

Noisy work on the main road has been completed for a few weeks now...  I imagine what you experienced may have been some necessary remedial work that the villa owners could not have anticipated or predicted

I wish you luck in your next holiday destination of choice – and may you be blessed not to even hear a pin drop

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
Cannot wait to see the video on youtube - I am sure will you provide as eloquent a running commentary throughout

I'm with the agent - I would have compared watches or anything else for that matter with your wife if she was more agreeable

Noisy work on the main road has been completed for a few weeks now...  I imagine what you experienced may have been some necessary remedial work that the villa owners could not have anticipated or predicted

I wish you luck in your next holiday destination of choice – and may you be blessed not to even hear a pin drop

If the agent and the entire population of Kalkan along with Taxi drivers and  Uncle Tom cobbly and all  were aware of the road and other works then so would the owner. Trouble is in this day and age money grabbers rule and people would rather take all they can get rather than be honest at the start. We had never been to Kalkan or had any idea of the road building until we arrived so surely the owner has duty of care to advise his potential clients? We have never blamed the owner but to say he was unaware is just pathetic.

I was merely answering a question accurately by a poster who will be visiting the road soon. I don’t recall seeing you in out villa over the last two weeks at all so how can you quote with such  a precision on our holiday?

As for your sarcasm you really need to get out more and the only thing my wife would discuss with you would be difficult as she does not possess a very small magnifying glass 

In fact I reckon you are probably the owner peed off that someone can actually tell the truth about the villa location.

Tutty Bye

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 12:57:32 AM »
I think some of you are being a bit harsh on Digi-D,ok he is having a bit of a rant,he is obviously upset.
I think maybe the villa owner could have let him know that there could be some noise from the road works,if they knew that is.
I would not be happy if I shelled out £1300 for a holiday,that could be my only one this year,only to find it was in a noisy area,and it wasnt relaxing.
I think Digi Dave is a new member on EK,so he would not Know what we all know about the road works unless someone told him.

It just shows the value of EK to people who are visiting Kalkan,
thanks EK and long may you continue.
As for the barking dogs,I am afraid that is part of Kalkan life.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:01:38 AM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 08:35:17 AM »
Personally I am with Digi-D and have left the comments against him on here as I think it shows up the posters as I cannot see anything wrong with what Digi-D has said! Hardly a considered response TigerTim!

If you have paid for a holiday you expect the desciptions to be acurate, I know of someone who was told Kalkan was "as flat as a pancake" by a villa owner! Im not commenting on this villa as I dont know it but as with everything in life some people will be honest, others somewhat flexible with the truth where money and profit comes first.

Whilst people may well say the road noise has finished, it hasnt fully as last week there was a JCB digging up the side of the road to lay water pipes, also, for those in the center of town there is noise from all the trucks etc having to go through Kalkan. Sorry but Kalkan isnt perfect!

Personally I thank Digi-D for coming on here and posting his report. Now lets remember the MMR policy please - just because someone does not agree with you it doesnt mean they are wrong.

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
I think some of you are being a bit harsh on Digi-D,ok he is having a bit of a rant,he is obviously upset.
I think maybe the villa owner could have let him know that there could be some noise from the road works,if they knew that is.
I would not be happy if I shelled out £1300 for a holiday,that could be my only one this year,only to find it was in a noisy area,and it wasnt relaxing.
I think Digi Dave is a new member on EK,so he would not Know what we all know about the road works unless someone told him.

It just shows the value of EK to people who are visiting Kalkan,
thanks EK and long may you continue.
As for the barking dogs,I am afraid that is part of Kalkan life.

Thanks to all who actually read my post.  ::)

I was initially only helping someone with up to date info from our visit but the first responded had to be sarcastic and tried to be funny hence my back going up. Plus for someone to tell me it was, not how we experienced it when he/she was not even there is plain “musing”.  >:(

For years package tour companies stitched many people up by sending them to hotels where building works were taking place right next door and it is simply unacceptable to take someone’s money if you are  aware of these works in progress,  just so they can let a room in a hotel or a villa. In my book its dishonest. £1300 is a great deal of dosh for us as contrary to popular belief Royal Snail don’t pay a lot of money to staff. Its takes us ages to save up.  :'(

I also run a photography business alongside my postie job and have not had one single complaint in two and half years because I am up front and honest with all my potential clients.  I would rather not take the work than hide the truth. If you wish o see my clients comments then please PM me as I am not touting for work on this forum by posting a free advert here. I don’t need too!  ;D

The owner gave us the agents number and said "any problems ring them"  I presume Building works is not on the list. For the owner to expect us to ring the UK for a chat about it at £27 from a mobile is ok too? To top up my phone from Samira Apartments was £11 for a 6 min call. Or I could take the ten minute walk into town to phone the UK from a shop and the  pay a Taxi  a fiver back up the hill/Mountain. Why have an agent if they can’t do anything on his behalf? Why take a Taxi?  I get enough exercise at work walking 10 miles a day, every day plus I was on Holiday.

The person who initially asked about their up and coming visit, got the truth as we saw it in that area, over the last two weeks.  :angel:

Is it right that we should have to stay indoors with windows closed on a hot day for two days in a quiet area with the promise from the agents that it was going on all week? The idea of a villa is your own pool and freedom to laze about on holiday outside. We had to go out on the third day of this awful noise that the owner was "not aware of"  We don’t want it as quiet as hearing a “pin drop” But it was simply not a quiet area without the building works.

As for dogs, we own dogs. we love dogs. We even donated to KAPSA despite the little bleeders woofing for several nights nonstop. We have a JR  >:D and you don’t get nosier than that. If ours goes out barking he is back indoors fast. I know these Kalkan doggies are strays and most were very friendly but many people on here know about them so I suppose the owner did not know about that either? Why not say there may be lively dogs at night in the roads as kalkan has  stray issue?  Then we the buyers can make our own minds up to book or not.

I would like to state once more that we had fabulous time in Kalkan after the bulldozers went away. The cementing was not an issue. We have stayed in Villas around the world without any probs until this one. We will go back. The people are friendly and funny/entertaining without being OTT.  The Villa was lovely but for us in the wrong location and the advert for it was in our book, not accurate.

Thanks for the support to all who gave it.  ;D

Great forum BTW and  If the Belly Dancer at the Samira would like to get in touch she has some wiggle............................................... ;)

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
Well Digi-Dave,

So many things id love to say and so many things i cannot, in response to your comments, however im sure, as many more visitors to this forum would suggest to you, STAY AT HOME next year!!!

See this on Trip Advisor  and please get a job in customer service you will be great at it too!

“Loved Kalkan, but the Samira Deluxe was absolutely terrible”
Samira Deluxe Hotel & Apartments
Save Review
1 of 5 stars
HLSYorkshire   1 contribution
Yorkshire
9 Jun 2010 | Trip type: Couples

The first thing I notice when re-reading other reviews for this hotel is that they are quite old. Based on the fantastic reviews we booked to stay at the Samira Deluxe towards the end of May this year - we were very very disappointed.

A road (looks to be a dual carriage way) is currently being built in front of the hotel. Guests are expected to walk through this building site (down a track full of diggers moving huge lumps of stone overhead) to get out of the samira deluxe complex. When we arrvied on our first night (quite late and was dark) we asked how to get to the town to get some food - the guy at reception shrugged, laughed and told us it was 'very difficult'. And it was - we gave up and went hungry as there were no lights to help pick our way through the building site for the first time at night.

After a couple of days of braving the gauntlet past the diggers we decided to try and salvage the holiday and move apartments. We realised that if we stayed we wouldn't be able to rent a car as we would never have got it safety up past the building work to the car park. We couldn't get dressed up to go our for the evening because we would be covered in dust and muck in just getting out of the hotel.
When we told hotel staff that we were unhappy and were planning to leave they were extremely unhelpful -no apologies offered at all, very rude. I appreciate that the hotel themselves are not responsible for the building work, and sympathise for the impact it must be having on them - but seen as ALL of their guests are affected you would expect some kind of compensation/ effort to make it as painless as possible/ apology? There was no regard for customer satisfaction at all (I will add at this point that we encountered nothijng but fantastic service everywhere else we went in Kalkan - in our new hotel, restaurants, bars, trips etc -all absolutely brilliant).
The thing that annoyed us most of all was that we had been communicating with the hotel up to a few days before we left for Turkey - we were promised a stunning view, 'better than on the internet', knowing full well what we were headed for.

I can see why some of the older reviews are good - the apartment was clean and cooking facilities very good - although I have never seen an apartment try and charge you per teabag before! The pool area looked very nice (although now it is overlooking the road and building site).
Obviously the building site will not always be there - but be warned that a big road now will be.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:42:22 AM by digi_dave »

Offline blossomhill

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
Hey guys chill - I appreaciate all the advice given, but all I actually wanted was how to drive up to the villa's a row or two behind the Samira.
We have been to kalkan many times & are fully aware of the road problems - hence the question.
By tomorrow afternoon we will be there - so looking forward to it.
So please can we put this forum question to bed?  ::)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
Digi_dave you will soon realise that there are people on the forum who will not tolerate any criticism of Kalkan and will not accept any questioning of their postings...if you do you will be shouted down at all times.... :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:25:51 PM by misty »

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »
Digi_dave you will soon realise that there are people on the forum who will not tolerate any criticism of Kalkan and will not accept any questioning of their postings...if you do you will be shouted down at all times.... :)

Fair doos Misty, but I aint criticising Kalkan,  just saying how it was for us LAST WEEK to help the original poster. It’s probably Villa owners on those roads, on this forum who get the hump because the truth hurts as they plead "we did not know about the road and if we did will not tell you cos we need a let and want your money"  For the umpteenth time we had a great holiday KALKAN IS A GREAT PLACE and WE WILL go back to Kalkan. Some on here should keep hold of the rattles and stop staring stupid argumenst and accept they are plain wrong, sometimes. (and greedy)  BTW I can shout as loud as they can.

Once again thanks to those that read my post in full and UNDERSTOOD what I was trying to do and say.

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »
Ok..... to answer the question about the road and access......you can now use the D400 OK just the left side, which is great to get off Kisiltas, best way to drive is to go up the Akbel Rd just after the hairpin bend turn 2nd right. The road is straight and concrete and brings you to the rear of the Samira Deluxe Apart. Walking is a lot better it's all concreted and the D400 is tarmac on one side any ways.......... The roads above these are still a bit to be desired so drive/walk with caution......Hope this helps......
And Misty I love Kalkan, people should be able to say what they think with out being 'shouted down' we are all different and see things in a different ways.....this should be respected by every one who reads these posting.........After all that's why we have this forum........
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:44:54 PM by tiamaria »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »
Ok..... to answer the question about the road and access......you can now use the D400 OK just the left side, which is great to get off Kisiltas, best way to drive is to go up the Akbel Rd just after the hairpin bend turn 2nd right. The road is straight and concrete and brings you to the rear of the Samira Deluxe Apart. Walking is a lot better it's all concreted and the D400 is tarmac on one side any ways.......... The roads above these are still a bit to be desired so drive/walk with caution......Hope this helps......
And Misty I love Kalkan, people should be able to say what they think with out being 'shouted down' we are all different and see things in a different ways.....this should be respected by every one who reads these posting.........After all that's why we have this forum........

I don't think you understood my posting...that's exactly what I'm saying.... :)

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

At last there is a god and I Thank You  ;D

and Misty I took your post as written and if anyone on here who still disagrees with me/us and  wants me to lie 100% then I agree what’s the point of a forum.  :'(

So, to clarify, there were no dogs barking it was so quiet a pin could be heard dropping 200 yards away for our entire  14 days and no bulldozers turned up keeping us confined all day for two days. The hill is safe has houses to walk up in the dark and safe for your kids too. Disabled and in a wheelchair?  No probs easy peesy a car will shove you up the hill if you are lucky. Going out for a night on the town? Put your stilettos on girls and slide down the hardcore slopes its easy and a welcome breeze form the heat awaits all who try it.  :D

The Villa agents and owners are only too pleased to assist if you have any problems and will even recommend where you can buy CK fake watches if you wish.  :P

Thanks once again to those that can actually read  ???

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 08:41:31 AM »
Digi_Dave
Re your last post - oh dear!  Some newcomers to this forum might read and believe it!   Where do we go from here?   Def. not across the D400, or even try!
Am staying in a villa above Samira in September, will bring earplugs, mountaineering equipment and not one pair of stiletto's!
As if!  Am a Kalkan returnee, so know the place well.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel

Started by klakanmanno on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
by Kalkan-Mina
xx
Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe

Started by lblizard on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM
by Chucky
xx
samira deluxe or samira gardens

Started by izzy35 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 16, 2009, 09:06:32 PM
by Chucky
xx
Samira Deluxe

Started by simonwg on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 09:44:03 PM
by tonik1945

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

yatch point

Views: 5157
By: irfan
DSCF0332.JPG