Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: D400  (Read 44117 times)

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Re: D400
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
I've just noticed I;ve got a little green thing added to the bottom of my info thingy on the left with the word 'watched' written in it,  what does that mean?
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »
Oh er they are watching you who have you upset  >:D >:D >:D

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »
How peculiar......  sort of 1984 meets the Twighlight zone meets Postman Pat
A proper explanation would be appreciated Site Owners

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »
Lets keep on topic please  ;)
For account information please PM the admin team

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »
Jon is it a secret or can we all know for future reference please??

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »
There is a very good article on KTLN today about the raodworks.  Its making me regret renting a place in Kisla this year.  I wish I had read this posting before booking.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:33 PM »

Resident: No
Re: what is the meaning of the watched in green
« Sent to: kim21 on: Yesterday at 08:58:14 PM » QuoteReplyDeleteHi,

As a number of complaints were received about the post via the report to moderator thread the post you put on is "watched" meaning if there are more complaints it will be removed

Hope that helps

This is the reply John sent me yesterday in reply to my request what is the 'Green Watched' thing mean by my name.
  Confused?  I certainly am
 Which 'post' might be removed  and why's it not by the post, why's it by my name and every one of my posts.
  Why not tell us which post or thread has offended someone,
or is it that the D400 subject is upsetting
We're all adults aren't we so why can't these things be discussed in the open
  Sorry everyone

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »
Back to the D400 - what amazes me is there is so little definate information about what is happening.  I have just looked on KTLN and they are still speculating on what is happening.  As we live quite close to the D400 we went along to the Belidiye office last week and were told the road works were definately continuing throughout the summer plus the new lower road, the Kisla Caddesi was to be built.  In fact they have been pumping concrete all day today on a bridge on this road over the gully leading down to the sea.  But what is happening with the drilling that has just started today on the left had side of the gully above the Kas Road?  i just can't work out whether they are boring holes to put dynamite in or building a flyover across the gully.  The noise was dreadful with the driling, concrete pumpiing and the jackhammers.l  It really would be helpful to have some definate information.

Offline Hannah Smith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:48 AM »
Been talking recently to a friend who is now in Kalkan. and she says the noise from drilling and explosions is horrendous. The slip road beneath the D 400 has been started then stopped for a week. I dread to think of the complaints from tourists staying in rented accommodation in Kisla and Komurluk this summer. Well I will soon find out for myself.

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 08:27:57 AM »
Hi All, I, like many of you who has posted in this thread am a little confused as to exactly where the roadworks are and where they are going to be as they progress. The KTLN monthly report is excellent but for those, like me, who are still relatively new to the area many of the specifics are lost on me! I have sent a message to the KTLN admin team and they are looking into trying to produce a map with the different areas marked so linking together the information from the pictures and various articles should be easier. Apologies for wasting the time of those of you more familiar with the area but hopfully this will help the other relative newbies like me!

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »
If you are not sure where the road works are you can look at the map on this site filed under About Kalkan.  You will see the D400 going from the new road into Kalkan, and onto Kas.  The road works started at the petrol station which is marked on the map and the section between there and where the Sehitler Cd (also marked on the map) joins the D400 has been more or less complete.  The work is now concentrated between where the Sehitler Cd joins the D400 and Komerluk.  In particular at the moment there is some horrendous drilling going on at the junction of the D400 and the Sehitler Cd where the water gully is, not only is the noise bad but the dust from the rock is dreadful. The worst affected areas at prresent are the old town and Komerluk, with Kiziltas slightly less bad.  Ortalaan not too bad and Kalamar is fine.  The work is moving slowly towards Komerluk, the noise starts at 8 am, there is an hour's break for lunch and then it finishes at 8pm

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Like others, we're watching this anxiously on KTLN.  Where we stay is the Dere Development - right by the gully where all the work is taking place.  I just hoped they've finished that section when we go out next month...but I won't be holding my breath  :-\ .  Just have to take ipod and drown our sorrows in Efes...

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
Ha ha Rachey my thoughts entirely !

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
Hi All, If you need any help in understanding where the different areas of Kalkan are (whilst the roads are marked on Google maps, the actual different areas such as Kiziltas, Kizla etc are not), this link to KTLN may help. It is a list of the areas with a description of where they are and a google map with the general area locations marked on it. It has really helped me to better understand the movings of the D400 roadworks, I hope it helps some of you too. Please note, you do need to be a KTLN registered member to be able to access this link.

http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/titbits/28420-tttt34-local-areas-of-kalkan

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »
Just back from Kalkan & as we have a place on Komerluk that we rent out, we were v keen to understand the plans for the road.  Everyone has a different answer, and it seems no-one in Kalkan wants the road (they'd prefer to spend the money on another arm for the harbour), but the consensus seems to be:

They have brought in extra pile-drivers over April to move ahead as far as possible towards Kisla before stopping at the end of April.  But that doesn't mean that there won't be wall building in May, just no pile drivers or explosions.

Looks like they'll be putting in traffic lights at Luka as the road levels will come together again, then a roundabout at Kisla / Patara junction.  Meanwhile Komerluk will be serviced by a (single track) road starting by the Adda Tours shop.

Note of caution however, this was the story on 10 April - it could all be different today!

Our gripe remains that all the rock they've dug out, now seems to be making its way into the gully at the Komerluk end of the beach - filling it in and killing off all the olive trees in the meanwhile.

Also seen that Palm Beach has invested in a footpath along the coast from their beach club to the Kalkan beach - should be a lovely way to walk into dinner in May when we return.

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
Thank you for the update.  We are ging to Kisla in late May.  I hope what they have told you is correct.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »
Jamera, thanks for the update. Great news about the path from Palm to the town beach..been talk of an esplanade for some time, so a path is a big step forward (no pun intended  :-[ )
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »
Well it's taken a long time and talk about going round the houses, but it looks like I got an answer to my question in the end!
  Thanks for the info Jamera and I think myself and so many others will be relieved to know that those noisy pile drivers or rock beakers will not be in use once the season begins at the beginning of May, and perhaps everyone can enjoy a very peaceful and undisturbed summer

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
Alshepuk, we have just returned from Kisla and I can honestly say we didn't even hear the "explosions" people were talking about.  We heard very little, if any, noise coming from the road. We were down the hill so maybe we were protected from it.  You do need to be careful when using the road, as there seems to be mechanical diggers, rock busters, lorries and allsorts working away, oblivious to anyone else around them. (we didn't see any safety precautions in place) Had we not have seen what was actually happening, I dont' think we would have realised the extent of the works in progress.

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »
Emilyrose thank you for the update.  I think the place we are going to is near the sea front.  How long a walk is it into town.  I was hoping to walk in a couple of nights.  Did you have a good time?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
D400 update

Started by maryjane on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post March 11, 2010, 12:44:03 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
D400 at Komurluk

Started by AllanChris on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
by AllanChris
xx
Whats going on with the D400 ?

Started by onelove on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2011, 07:40:48 AM
by onelove
xx
D400 pedestrian crossing

Started by alantj on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post January 17, 2013, 08:05:13 PM
by Cuddles

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan dog

Views: 3642
By: saskia
Sunrise from Bellamine