Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: D400  (Read 44114 times)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: D400
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
The Han Inn is well below the D400, by the side of the Kartin supermarket. You may hear some of the noise such as blasting and the hammer drills now and then but you shouldn't suffer from direct nearby noise and I would doubt if it will affect your holiday.

Offline ozzie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »
I live in Komurluk and walk into and back from the village every day and I have to say I have not had a problem with this. Just be aware and you will be safe. I don't think the noise is awful , I understand when you holiday here you come for peace, quiet and relaxation but you know as I write this I am looking over the bay the sun is hot, birds are singing , it is as beautiful and magical as always. That never changes.

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:05:01 AM »
The tourists relieved the locals from the 'absolute poverty'
Qoute from kim21

Kim 21, are you not worried about offending anybody by making a sweeping generalisation such as this?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
The tourists relieved the locals from the 'absolute poverty'
Qoute from kim21

Kim 21, are you not worried about offending anybody by making a sweeping generalisation such as this?

Derya, I was thinking the same - quite a rude comment in my opinion.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
absolutely, extremely offensive and displays a total lack of understanding as to how kalkan existed before tourism.
talk to any local people, they will tell you of a fairly thriving village which in many ways offered alot more for its inhabitants then than the present day village that caters for the tourists.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:46:25 AM by kalkankiki »

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
Reading most of Kim21's comments she would be best heading for the airport and getting a plane home.  Don't know why she's there/or visiting Kalkan.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
I also understand that many of the businesses are owned by people who don't live in Kalkan and that many staff return to their homes in other parts of Turkey over the winter months. I suppose we should also be mindful of the Brits and others who own and rent out their properties to tourists and I doubt they are poverty stricken. >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
Ozzie, thanks for your post. I do envy you living in Komurluk - my favourite place in the whole of Kalkan :) Good to know that you able to walk in and out of the centre on the D400 - a report on KTLN indicated it was quite hazardous at the moment from Komurluk to where Luka restaurant is due to the ongoing works and heavy plant vehicles in the area. Good to know also that the sun is out and the birds are singing...especially when I'm looking out of the window at torrential rain :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »
I make no apologies for quoting this........

'I've been going to Kalkan for around 14 years and in the past few years before each trip have read on this site about packs of vicious dogs, burglaries, wild parties, fighting taxi drivers, etc etc and yet each time I go I find the Kalkan that I love with all its charm and beauty. I'm not saying that problems don't exist but simply that I've not encountered them to any extent. Maybe I'm just lucky? Anyway, not long back from a perfect 2 weeks and already counting the days to our next visit in October.

something I posted around a year ago. Year after year when coming up to the holiday season we read about awful things in Kalkan. This year looks like I need to add the threat of rabies and major road building to the long list of "horrors" funny then that even after all these years I simply love Kalkan and can't imagine not enjoying all that Kalkan has to offer.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »
...well said, Itstime! The roadworks and the threat of rabies certainly hasn't made me want to cancel our flights and book somwhere else. That said, we've been to Kalkan many times and love the place. I do think accomodation owners up and around the roadworks - because they will be carrying on throughout the season - should mention that fact to prospective guests. It may - or may not - impact on the enjoyment of their stay but I think its fair to let people know. Two years ago when the "new road" was being constructed into Kalkan, tour operators were offering guests the chance to change from the Samira Deluxe to other accomodation - you only have to read the "New Road" thread to see how it actually did impact on some people (not all) who were staying at SD and the area close to the works. It wouldn't stop me from booking, but if I was new to Kalkan, I would appreciate being given advance information. It's roadworks after all, it's not the end of the world...although the "new road" thread still remains one of the most viewed and contributed to subjects on EK ;)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »
Hi All,
Roxie just said there was a lot of noise around our villa. This will go on for a few weeks and we had to relocate our guests! Big Deal! People should be aware that their guests could be inconvenienced and may need help! You may have to refund your rental.
We are also in Kalkan at least 8 weeks in a year and contribute a bit to the local economy and have many local friends. We do our best to buy local produce and encourage our friends to experience this unique place. 
We and many others have bought into the area and we are glad we did. We only posted to warn people that the noise to guests is not always tolerated!!!
Lilly 

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 06:50:25 PM »
Lets face it anything kim21 says is usually rude and offensive to all concerned and frankly I'd like to see that person banned from here.
One of the main reasons why I don't post here anymore.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »
One very under used feature of the forum is the buddy / ignore system, so under used infact I wonder if anyone knows about it  ;D

If there is a member whose posts you do no like if you go to PROFILE at the top menu and select SUMMARY you will see a new menu called MODIFY PROFILE, in here there is an option called BUDDY / IGNORE list.

When you select Edit Ignore list you can add members who you wish to ignore and you will no longer see their forum posts  ;)

Whilst EK will still undertake moderation of the forum it may be a feature you wish to consider using

Hope that helps
Jon

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 09:28:44 PM »
 Not really because people will still be allowed to post the spiteful, nasty and obnoxious reports that do this forum no favours at all.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
Out of interest where abouts are the ongoing road works ??? 

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 08:35:48 AM »
We are staying close to the Villa Mahal.  Can you please advise if we will be affected by the noise from the roadworks.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 08:42:13 AM »
Sadly, the answer is probably yes, as the works are all along the road from the Club Patara turnoff down to the Kalkan turnoff.
Currently lots of rock breaking, wagons and even some blasting on occasion.
They are also going to re-route the Kisla turnoff as well !!.
But you very quickly get used to this type of noise and it fades into the background

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »
The blasting ıs not too bad, I have heard louder fireworks and you get an hour or so of peace while they clear the area before the bang.

The noise is worse below the road than above it and carries across the town but you get used to it and after a while mainly notice it when it stops.

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 11:07:43 AM »
Alshepuk,

I am staying at Eagles Nest now (right above Villa Mahal)  and though it has gone quiet for the time being (it must be lunch time!) I can honestly say the noise is only slightly louder than when they were working on the road over the hill. The major works extends from the intersection of the road with ADDA supermarket on it out of town (Luka restaurant corner) to towards Kormuluc. It still has a way to go to reach the Kisla turn off. However, yesterday I counted 8 rock breakers working on it together with a couple of excavators so progress is good. The major rock breaking and excavating works from the petrol station to Luka corner would appear to be complete though there is still the main road and drainage formation to be sorted. I am guessing they will leave that until the end when they will most likely do all the new asphalting in one go.

For those in Kisla and the rest of Kalkan the noise quickly becomes very much the ambient noise. The blasts appear to be only happening once or twice a day, if that, and again I can honestly say I have hardly noticed them in 3 days I have been here.

What is more concerning is the scar this road is leaving on the Kalkan landscape. Through these forums can we insist that trees and plants are replaced as quickly as possible and ugly brown rock scars are planted with quick growing creepers. In the UK such motorway scars are very quickly replanted; is the same required here in Turkey? I noticed that above Kas there seems to have been an attempt to put a footpath in together with parking bays and some shrubs. The same has not happened on the new road over the hill, yet it must have one of the best views in the part of the Med. Is there some way of getting the local council to put pressure on the National Roads authority that is undertaking this works to insist on landscaping, footpaths and parking provision where appropriate?

KK

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 01:29:19 PM »
We stayed in Komurluk last year and enjoyed the walk into town.  We were going to try it from Kisla but it sounds like it could be dangerous.
The owner of the villa we are renting this year is not even awqre of the roadworks.  There could be quite a few complaints coming from unsuspecting guests renting villas etc in the area.  I would be interested to know if places like Patara and Villa Mahal are informing their guests of any potential noise issue.
If I was aware before booking I think I would have gone over to the Kalamar area

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Whats going on with the D400 ?

Started by onelove on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2011, 07:40:48 AM
by onelove
xx
D400 update

Started by maryjane on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post March 11, 2010, 12:44:03 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
D400 at Komurluk

Started by AllanChris on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
by AllanChris
xx
D400 pedestrian crossing

Started by alantj on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post January 17, 2013, 08:05:13 PM
by Cuddles

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Delikkemer bay

Views: 3714
By: Babadag
Harbour