Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: D400 update  (Read 7025 times)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
D400 update
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:48:54 AM »
I would love to know the latest progress on the road programme.  It all seems to have gone very quiet from the point of view of publicity/reporting.  I am led to believe that there are still a lot of villas and a hotel that are having problems with access just to get into Kalkan!
Will this be resolved before the start of the season or should we all look to rent villas south of the D400?  Any answers would be appreciated!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5105.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: D400 update
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 04:22:24 AM »
Maryjane, have you looked at KTLN? They post regular updates of the progress of the widening of the D400 with pictures.
www.turkishlocalnews.com
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kal1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »
My villa is north of the D400 and I dont have a problem getting into Kalkan. I just use one of the concreted roads which connects with the old road into Kalkan and I am at the new roundabout in less than a minute, so no problem for me thankfully.  I think it is mostly the right hand side of the petrol station (if you had your back to the sea) where the problems lie. So in answer to your question, some villas will be affected, but not all. Best to ask the individual owners if you are looking to rent a villa.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
Pinched from KTLN this morning, an article about the latest Belediye meeting, with more news promised on Sunday:

The KaÅŸ/Fethiye highway (D400)
As part of the road development work currently underway, a new local service road will be built, running parallel to the D400, on the mountain (KızıltaÅŸ) side of the road.  At one point, this service road will go across a piece of land belonging to private owners.  The individuals concerned have raised the subject of compensation, in the form of a request for some adjoining green land to be given to them.  This matter is to be investigated and decided upon.

For information, an update on the D400 Kalkan bypass will be published by Kalkan Turkish Local News, on Sunday 7th March - one month since our previous article.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »
The Info and pictures on the D 400 are now on KTLN..along with pictures also of the new dual carriageway section from the lights past old Yuksel shop to the market....
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:48:17 PM »
Great article, especialy the photos of opposite Luka, I hope they keep the restaurant open we really like it there :)

Looks like it could be a dusty walk into town from Patara Prince!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 05:34:43 PM »
that's always been a dusty walk, Jon...! ;D ;D

Seems as though a bit of Kalkan's charm has gone with this road widening project - just my opinion! I know its a national initiative but was it really neccessary? We will be out for three weeks at the end of May and staying in Kormurluk....wonder if the works will be right upon us then :(

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
I agree, Kalkan4eva - the road into Kas was a mess when they were completing the project there last summer/autumn - and although I can see why they have tried to improve the access to the ferry/ improve the appeal of that harbour area on the approach road etc etc, the road into town has definitely lost some of its charm. But guess it happens everywhere! :) Am also saying similar things about the improvements outside my house in Truro as we speak...the orange flashing lights illuminating our lounge from the road outside are adding a certain something to the noise of the machinery and the cheery jokes of the roadworkers (no doubt on overtime as they're working through the night)...who needs tv!!!

Offline Mr Bluesky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
Looking at the pics on KTLN at the stretch of road between Bus Station & Jamdarma it looks as though a 'dual' carriageway has been formed, however a second road is supposed to run adjacent to the D400 so maybe the top carriageway is the second road – can anyone clarify ?  Things look a bit of a mess at the moment, but I’ve been in Kalkan last week in April many times – I don’t know how they do it, but they certainly get the place neat & tidy ready for the first week in May. I own a property in Kiziltas and I am a little concerned, but I’m also confident things will be ready for May as indicated.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
Kiziltas seems to be quite cut-off when you look at the photos, although I know from reading the reports on KTLN there are plans to make improvements and crossing points. We always walk in and out of Kalkan when we stay in Komurluk, and the plans appear to show a new road for that, as opposed to using the D400, not sure what the time schedule is for completion - doubt very much it would be this year....or I may have got it entirely wrong...women, maps etc  ;D ;D

Offline Linsue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
does anyone know if you can actually get up and into the Begonvil complex?  I am going out for Easter and am a little worried that I will be stranded! 
 ???

Offline Mr Bluesky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
I believe 'Citlik Sonak' is supposed to have access to new road (100m down from petrol station), can anyone confirm if this access route is available yet, thanks

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »
Is there a map that shows where pedestrians can cross the D400. Last year there was talk of an overhead walkway being put up some where between the Petrol station and the Jandarmane post, any sign of this happening. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
Alan, if you have a look on KTLN the proposed plans are available to view - showing pedestrian crossing points etc

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Foot bridges accross D400 -update

Started by brian j p on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post March 07, 2013, 07:15:57 PM
by brian j p
xx
D400

Started by kim21 on General Discussion

145 Replies
Last post October 07, 2010, 09:32:25 AM
by Enişte
xx
D400 at Komurluk

Started by AllanChris on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 10:07:14 PM
by AllanChris
xx
Whats going on with the D400 ?

Started by onelove on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2011, 07:40:48 AM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views of Kalkan

Views: 3006
By: tramline
Kalkan 2000