Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Full moon party  (Read 71371 times)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Full moon party
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2009, 02:33:55 PM »
Old is a state of mind . ;D >:D :angel:
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2009, 02:36:15 PM »
And dont forget the Russian ladies of the night !!!!!  :laugh:

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2009, 03:10:41 PM »
And don't forget the Russian ladies of the night !!!!!  :laugh:

Do they offer a 10% discount for EK members ? :laugh:

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »
Lougie you seem to have a big problem with the"very English restaurant" down Kalamar road and on your theory you would close down lots of restaurants in Kalkan that offer Englishy meals.
So the Aubergine would go along with the Italian , the Chinese etc etc and if you also closed all the other restaurants who didn't sell real Turkish food you would only have a handful left
Then no visitors and all the villa letters would be up in arms as their aim in life seems to be to keep Kalkan as it is to attract the right sort of people who are prepared to pay high rents
This topic is all about freedom of choice as long as it does not directly impinge on other peoples enjoyment - similar to people smoking in restaurants.
But sensibly is eating an English meal on Kalamar road the death knell for Kalkan

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
Well said KC99,freedom of choice,just because some posters dont like the
party nights,doesnt mean other posters dont,the same thing with the Nur live music nights,if you like it great,if you dont,hey,no probs,simples.  :) 8)

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »
well said Fidimax and Kevincat !

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2009, 05:25:19 PM »
Was anyone else out in Kalkan when the full moon party took place in the harbour.  We were shocked that the powers to be, whoever they are, let the muisc be so loud for so long.  It was louder than I remember back in places like Benidorm and Ibiza a few years back.  We stayed in Komurluk and it was really bad there goodness knows what it must have been like closer into town.  I hope it is not going to be a regular thing.

There's not much freedom of choice in this situation though is there - apart from chosing whether or not to wear earplugs.

Just sayin'.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »
I agree totally with freedom of choice.
If there is a restaurant selling food I don't like it isn't a problem - I just don't go but it doesn't impinge in any way on my enjoyment of Kalkan - but I think that restaurant has every right to be there.
The excessive noise levels however this year from some places (from my experience this was not the case in previous years or in May or even towards the end of June this year but there in early July) and the fact that it didn't reduced in any way at midnight does mean that there is no freedom of choice. Even when you move a considerable distance away you can still hear it, people sleeping down wind from it trying to sleep can still hear it.
I was initially concerned that the live music at the Nur would be a problem but it hasn't been as it is indoors and soundproofed. On Saturday night the music is outside but it finishes at a reasonable time. Consequently I have the freedom of choice to go and listen to it or to sit in peace on my terrace.

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »
Thank for your response to my post felicity, but my question was purely rhetorical and whilst you might do all you can to vet your holiday guests I'm afraid you can't possibly speak for all the villa owners. Believe me, there are many owners who are renting to any kind of group and changing kalkan is merely catering for them
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
Agree Claire. Unlike different types of restaurants, you can't choose to avoid loud noise that isn't properly controlled and people find uncomfortable.
I'm in Kalkan next week so intend to check out the bars. Purely in the cause of research !!!

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »
I take it that if you rent your villa on a UK based site that discriminating against certain types of people could be classed as non PC or even illegal.

I would say that most of the teenagers & lower twenties in Kalkan seem to be either travelling with their families or staying at their families own property.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
I was simply trying to make a point, we all have a choice on where you go, if you don't like music bars, dancing girls etc then don't go, if like me you don't want English food whilst in Kalkan then I choose not to go.

By the way, I was there 4 weeks ago & didn't even know Monitor existed until the last week of my holiday so it can't be that loud, only inside! I wonder how many people posting have actually been to Kalkan recently & personally heard the noise?

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2009, 07:02:58 PM »
I don't "vet" prospective renters, on the basis of age and make up of the party. Partly because I don't think it is my role to try to enforce some sort unofficial Kalkan entry policy and partly because I wouldn"t feel comfortable rejecting someone based on nothing more than my predudices.       

As we have a large 6 bed villa we attract afair number of bookings from large, usually youngish, groups but in 5 years of letting have never had any damage or negative reports of their behaviour from either our agent or neighbours.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:38 PM »
was in Kalkan the first 2 weeks in July and have to say I wasn't aware of any noise from the bars. Maybe from where I am, up near The Nur hotel the sound doesn't reach or as I get older my hearing isn't what it used to be  ???

Offline paulie1955

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2009, 10:36:46 PM »
for the young people its great that they can enjoy loud music in places--and for the rest-just turn your hearing aids down!

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »
Maybe they could set some up on Snake Island for them  :)

Offline tonik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2009, 07:04:36 AM »
For heavens sake you don't own Kalkan. This sounds more like the Daily Mail and NIMBY. How many bars and restaurants are there in Kalkan? Over 100 and this debate if thats what you call it, is about 3 or 4.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
Personally this thread is now becoming amusing as I am sure many people have not fully thought about the way their comments will appear in the greater scheme of things and what the long term effect of them would be.

As EnjoyKalkan is a busy website on the open internet it is very heavily indexed by the major search engines. Thus the more a thread is discussed the more weight it gains on a search engine - that is to say that if a very busy thread was say, "24/7 nightclubs in Kalkan" should someone search on 24/7 nightclubs in Turkey, EnjoyKalkan would feature high up the list meaning those looking for such a resort would consider Kalkan a resort of choice. As the demographics of visitors would change, the businesses would have to change to cater for this demographic in order to earn a living.

If however someone was looking for say a nature trail in Turkey, Kalkan would not display on the search, or would be low down on the list of results as this is not a hot topic, meaning this demographic of visitor would probably not choose Kalkan as a resort as it would simply not feature to them when searching.

I hope you get the general idea of what I am trying to say, sometimes it is much more productive to focus on everything that is good and bring attention to that as opposed to an extreme focus on elements considered bad.

crime and barking dogs anyone?  :D

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
Jon - based on that premise the site would quickly be very very boring as it would be based on as Bryher said earlier, 59 posts saying how good Rendezvous restaurant was - who needs it??
You seem to be implying that we get back to the theme of the site being - everything is good in Kalkan and nothing, which is not within that " feel good "parameter should be mentioned.
Or have I got it wrong again  :(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:45:36 AM by kevincat99 »

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
Sorry KC you have got it wrong.

Im not looking to stop any discussion on any matters, if anything as has been said many times before it would be a very boring site if people posted every time something didn't happen!

What I am trying to say is that if you flip the argument on the other side of the coin, if someone is looking for a clubbing holiday and reads a forum with lots of people saying how sad it is an area has so many late night clubs developing there would this not make the area appeal to that person(s) which directly goes against what the complainer is trying to achieve.

Bit of reverse psychology   :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Paper Moon Hotel

Started by IanTrishinHull on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
by alpheus77
xx
Re: MUSIC at Paper Moon?

Started by kalkanchris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 09:00:32 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Paper Moon Hotel Info

Started by kalkaness on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 05:36:35 PM
by kalkanlover22
xx
AK Party

Started by kalcamp on Politics & Debate

9 Replies
Last post August 01, 2008, 04:23:12 PM
by clashgour

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal