Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Full moon party  (Read 71266 times)

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Full moon party
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2009, 08:49:49 AM »
Felicity, I think this would be a better means of providing a continuous dialog to the Mayor on many issues as they arise, rather than starting a single issue petition each time there is a 'big issue'. Certainly support your suggestion re John Fed. He would make the perfect 'chairman' !!!!

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
Villa owners have a large responsibility in all this, they should be more discerning as to just who they rent to. If villa owners rent to groups of young people then what do you expect them to do on holiday? Go for a loveley walk or spend huge amounts sampling all the roof-top restaurants every night before getting home around 10.30-ish for a good nights sleep!
 I don't think so, young people holiday for for the three s's, which means copious amounts of drinking late into the night coupled with a good bit of music banging out half the night,(actually wth this generation all nite).
 If villa ownrs stop this at source by letting to families and couples more in tune with kalkan, these problems won't arise.
 It's a bit rich asking the belidiye to cope with what is essentially our problem.
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
Kim21, I agree villa owners have a responsibility but are you saying they should positively discriminate against younger people (with parents) ?
I think the nightlife of Kalkan has tended to attract families/older couples not groups of younger people. If the nightlife (late night bars, loud music venues etc) changes it will then attract them. So it works both ways.
Either way having a mechanism for a dialog with the Mayor/Belediye will assist everyone (including residents) preserve the best features of Kalkan and not turn it into a Bodrum !

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2009, 10:03:10 AM »
If you are all so concerned about these bars ruining Kalkan then we should also put a stop to the "very English restaurant" down Kalamar road and all the other restaurants doing English breakfasts, sticky toffee pudding etc, this is not Kalkan, this is not Turkish, this is a new thing that spoils the image of Kalkan, it's no different, these places are turning Kalkan into Bodrum.

Late night parties have been happening in Kalkan for years.

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »
Thank you Esnaf, for your view from the 'local' people and businessess.  I was last in Kalkan 4 weeks ago and couldn't believe the noise that was coming from Mojito & Bar Code.  Not only must it be disturbing for the tourists, but what above the residents that live close to this 'bars'.  Felicity, I totally agree with you, I think the Mayor/Belediye should listen to the views of all people, but he has to remember that without, the owners and visitors - there will be no Kalkan!!

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2009, 10:10:21 AM »
If you are all so concerned about these bars ruining Kalkan then we should also put a stop to the "very English restaurant" down Kalamar road and all the other restaurants doing English breakfasts, sticky toffee pudding etc, this is not Kalkan, this is not Turkish, this is a new thing that spoils the image of Kalkan, it's no different, these places are turning Kalkan into Bodrum.

Great idea!

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
You don't ruin Kalkan by having bars/restaurants offering different food types like English, Italian, Chinese, Indian etc. Thats just normal and a complete red herring (sorry !) to this debate. It hasn't ruined the UK by having a multitude of different types of restaurants....it adds the the diversity and variety. You also have to cater to the local market, whatever it is.
The point is things that potentially change the enviroment of a place for residents (both turkish and expat) and that attract visitors.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2009, 10:46:41 AM »
Kim - i think we have been there before with your question about the responsibility of property owners to vet their properties and we have also answered - well at least some of us and I think we speak for the majority of property owners.  I vet as much as I can the people renting my villa and I state on my website that I do NOT accept single sex parties, preferring families.  First and foremost - selfishly - I do not want to rent to people who have the potential to ruin my lovely home and not respect it as they would their own home and for that reason - I vet all guests asking them the make up of their party (male and female and number of children).  Secondly too, I do not want to be responsible for bringing hordes of groups of people to Kalkan turning it into a Bodrum or Marmaris, behaving inappopriately in town and disturbing my neighbours...  What more can we do...??

BUT all that said - I really like Denners idea of an Advisory Commitee   ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:49:59 PM by felicity »
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:21 PM »
I think what people are forgetting is that these places are not just frequented by young holiday makers but residents as well who might want somewhere to go and older people.

Kim 21 I think that is quite a sweeping generalisation that all young people only go on holiday for the three S's!! Haven't we all been young once ??I for one will be trying the new bars next time we are there.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
Whats the third "S" I think I'm only getting the first two  ;D ;D ;D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
Are you all going mad!!!!!  This subject has so far tried to tell local bar owners that they cant have loud music and dancing,is trying to close down any eating place that sells English food,has told villa/apt owners they cant rent to anyone who wants a bit of fun and is below retirement age,and is trying to ban any young people from Kalkan !
Last year while in Kalkan,I walked past a bar and it was very very noisy,so I headed back up to the main street,later on that night a "gang" of merry ladies dressed in seventies gear came staggering up the street,very loud,giggling and laughing,was this making Kalkan like Bodrum ?was there any thing wrong with this act of drunken madness,no It was a ENJOY KALKAN MEET UP,and they all had a good night out and enjoyed themselves
so let other people do the same .
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
My daughter and her friends were in Kalkan a few weeks ago and went to Mojito, it was pretty much empty, and the majority of customers were Turkish. She also said the drinks were horrendously expensive and they didn't stay long. Interestingly their favourite night was having a special meal out at Trio, they ate in most other nights to save money to go on a boat trip.
It really is a mistake to target the youth market, if that is what these bars and clubs are trying to do. They don't have the money to spend on expensive drinks, they drink before they go out, and as eating out is not high on their agenda, the restaurants will not benefit. An interesting piece on Breakfast TV the other day reported how Zante has been ruined in recent years, with traditional restaurants having to close while the bars are practically giving alcohol away to attract custom. Obviously, Kalkan is nothing like this yet but I'm guessing Zante was once just like it.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2009, 01:48:20 PM »
Sorry Jayne I dont agree with you about the Youth not having the money to spend in bars,If they are they are working,and live at home with parents,
they have more money than anyone,no bills to pay,so they have a full wage for themselves,my nephew spends £160 every other week on a pair of jeans
and £50 plus on a t shirt,wears them once then buys some more.  :o

Offline pegasus

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2009, 02:04:34 PM »
Dear Forum participators
I wrote that most,you complain about noise pollution in Kalkan.You are right I am one of you.I suggest to you that please ask for Belediye tell them and when you go to restaurants or bar do not allowed for loud music because generally they don't know what is the result of noise they are jung and mostly uneducated people.Some people think that should be this sort of bar ,but I see them as a bulldozer they are running over hotels restaurants and still living in there.But Belediye have to think the rights of other humans.
  Iam belive still we have time for livable Kalkan
                                 by by for now.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »
Dear Forum participators
I wrote that most,you complain about noise pollution in Kalkan.You are right I am one of you.I suggest to you that please ask for Belediye tell them and when you go to restaurants or bar do not allowed for loud music because generally they don't know what is the result of noise they are jung and mostly uneducated people.Some people think that should be this sort of bar ,but I see them as a bulldozer they are running over hotels restaurants and still living in there.But Belediye have to think the rights of other humans.
  Iam belive still we have time for livable Kalkan
                                 by by for now.
Sorry Jayne I don't agree with you about the Youth not having the money to spend in bars,If they are they are working,and live at home with parents,
they have more money than anyone,no bills to pay,so they have a full wage for themselves,my nephew spends £160 every other week on a pair of jeans
and £50 plus on a t shirt,wears them once then buys some more.  :o
I agree the youngsters now have a high disposable income my daughter can blow a fortune each month no worries and my son is catching her up fast !

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »
Now we are getting somewhere,thanks for your posts Esnaf and pegasus,its good to hear local peoples opinion on this subject and if its effecting you,you must do something about it.
For me I dont mind if the bars have loud music as long as it stops or is taken indoors at a certain time,which is what I thought happened in Kalkan.
lets hear more from the people of Kalkan,for or against,after all they have to live with this week after week.

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2009, 02:21:23 PM »
My daughter is a student so not relevant to her yet but I get your point. however if the example of Zante is anything to go by, it is not a wise move in long run.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »
Agree with Fidimax and would comment that there should be some control on how loud the music is even during the night time up until 'going indoors'.

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »
And I like young people as being in their company keeps us oldies younger !!!!!

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
So, not only do i have to watch out for fighting taxi drivers,packs of hunting dogs,mad drivers and loud deafening music,but now gangs of drunken women waiting to pounce!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Paper Moon Hotel

Started by IanTrishinHull on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
by alpheus77
xx
Re: MUSIC at Paper Moon?

Started by kalkanchris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 09:00:32 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Paper Moon Hotel Info

Started by kalkaness on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 05:36:35 PM
by kalkanlover22
xx
AK Party

Started by kalcamp on Politics & Debate

9 Replies
Last post August 01, 2008, 04:23:12 PM
by clashgour

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bob (Bob & Jayne)

Views: 3209
By: Bob & Jayne
Lycian ruins