Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Full moon party  (Read 71265 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Full moon party
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »
I bet Sandals are Peeved!! the owner told us they had complaints from guests about the loud music so they had decided to go for a more relaxed bar area than as was!!i used to pop in before and did this year the place wasn't the same..but still comfy setees while you  let your dinner go down  ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 06:55:20 PM »
It wont stop me going to Kalkan - I did go to one of the Indigo beach club parties - but not really my scene - too loud head bangy music...give me good ole 70's disco anyday..!!   ;D ;D  It was full of young turkish people enjoying themselves!  It also could not be heard from our villa - so easy to escape the noise if its not your thing... 
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
Fidimax and co.
You are missing the point here. Who I am, What I am and where I live are irrelevant. What is important is to understand that Kalkan survives almost entirely on its revenue from tourism. We have to ask ourselves some questions:
What is it that brings tourists back to Kalkan year after year?
Why do they choose Kalkan instead of say Marmaris or Hisaronu?
What is special about Kalkan?
Why are people prepared to pay more for their meals, their hotels, their accommodation even their villas here than they would in somewhere like Calis or the other places mentioned above?

Then ask yourselves this. If tourism in Kalkan suffers because of these bars etc Restaurants and other businesses will close, villa owners will start selling up and a lot of people will be out of work, then how many of these Turkish people who you say have a right to enjoy themselves when they finish work will be able to afford to frequent bars like those mentioned, indeed, how many of them will still be in Kalkan? they will be forced to go elsewhere to find work. Then these bars will no doubt close down and Kalkan will have lost an awful lot- and for what? NOTHING!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »
I think the problem isn't full moon parties or Russian dancers, neither of which is to my taste but is enjoyed by some people, it's noise polution that is the problem. We were there in early July one night when the Pirat had some sort of entertainment up at their pool level and it was so loud down in the road that you had to shout to be heard. We thought it must be doing GBH to the ears of those up on the Pirat pool terrace. It wasn't a question of 'if you don't like it don't go', you couldn't avoid it if you were anywhere in the area. It was affecting trade at Sandals who had virtually no one in there and the other places nearby. The full moon party was evan louder I have been told.
The degree of noise polution this year down by the harbour on some nights, and I think in other areas of the town from other posts, is new and it is a problem because it makes it a no go area for an awful lot of people. If they want to have full moon parties that's fine but they need to keep the volume to a reasonable level so that those who don't want to go aren't affected.

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »
Bravo Kalkanregular, very well said!

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2009, 06:47:33 AM »
I am sure the owners of Sandal & Pirat are very capable of expressing their views to said owners if they feel anything is detrimental to their business.
Random- villa accommodation in Kalkan is kept at an unrealistically low level due to the high number available and demand. Compare with other areas and this will become apparent.
I made some enquires this week about gulet day trips in Gocek- the going rate seems to be around £200 a day for the boat excluding lunch, again Kalkan is much cheaper. So whilst restaurant prices are higher I think you will find Kalkan isn't necesarily charging a premium rate on everything.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »
Did anyone catch the belediye announcement yesterday afternoon about revised (reduced) opening times and loud music policy for bars and restaurants?

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
Yes the Belediye did make several announcements regarding loud music at night, lets see if they make a difference!

Mercimek, Thank you, you have given us the perfect example - Gocek, The mayor there has a clear picture of what kind of holiday place he wants Gocek to be. 'The preferred destination for the sophisticated traveller' that is how Gocek is marketed, and you won't find any rave parties going on there. They have really turned Gocek around in the last few years because they have a vision, they know which customer they are targeting and they are not trying to be all things to all people! Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting Kalkan should try to be a 2nd Gocek, what I am saying is that Kalkan needs to decide what it wants to be and who it wants to attract. If it tries to please everyone it will end up not pleasing anyone!

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2009, 12:04:10 PM »
I realise that business' might have to move with the times but as regards Kalkan if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »
Hi Clara48,
I wasn't quite sure from your last post whether you were for the bars or against them, so I looked at other postings you have made and saw 'our next favourite place is the Greek island of Kefalonia, it has breathtaking views, fabulous romantic little restaurants, quiet beaches and like Kalkan no nightclubs, naff theme pubs or rowdy lager louts'. So I guess that means you are of the same opinion as me. Thanks

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »
I actually agree with Random, whilst I do think they are generally  harmless, (apart the noise) these new clubs seem to be frequented mostly by locals, not the usual demographic of tourists that come to Kalkan. I think they are alienating a lot of people who just want to come and have a nice meal and a quiet drink. I'm surprised that they make much money, most of the Turkish people we have met don't drink or drink very little compared to us Brits. Obviously I'm missing something? As for Russian dancers, they are clearly not here to attract the typical Kalkan tourist - mostly couples, single women or teenagers?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »
By the look of things,the mayor is on the job,if other trades are loosing custom because of the party nights, its up to them to complain,not English
"visitors" who are mainly in kalkan for a couple of weeks a year,If all the people moaning about this subject did the same for the place that they live in,in the uk,the uk would be a better place,get a life,get on with it,and let the people of Kalkan get on with theirs,its only a few party nights now and then for gods sake !  ::) ::) ::) :: >:( >:D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:12:52 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline foreverkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
I agree with you fidimax, whatever is this all about??? how many people have been disturbed by noise?? I bet before the start of this post not many knew of the parties apart from seeing the posters, they are not 'raves' or nightclubs just bars with music be it a bit loud sometimes

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
WARNING
The Next full Moon is 6th August at 00:57mins!!!!  >:D
Buy your ear plugs now.

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2009, 09:30:23 PM »
Oh bugger I'll just miss it, I'm going home that day!

Offline jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Love Kalkan
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »
Fidimax,
Yes i'm an English 'vistor' that spends a couple of weeks a year in Kalkan, but please don't tell me to 'get a life' just because I'm concerned about the arrival of some of the new venues in Kalkan , even if it is only a few nights now and then. I'd just ask why do you think people spend the best part of a day getting to a resort, who are then willing to spend money on eating out for the  same price as in a decent gastro pub in the UK?

I'm interested, what attracted you to Kalkan when your first came? probably not Russian dancers or moonlight parties.

But yea're you're right, let then get on with it, it's up to them isn't it?

Offline Esnaf

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2009, 08:12:39 AM »
Dear English people,
I am Turkish and for long time I have a business in Kalkan. this is first time I am writing on enjoy kalkan but for a long time I am reading what you write. I write today because some of you say the new bars with loud music and dancing girls is for the Turkish people. Let me tell you they are not for me and they are not for my friends and neighbours. We don't want Kalkan spoiled by this new business. These bars make kalkan cheap and low level. We have been to belediye and complained hoping that we can have some effect but your effect as customer will be more valuable. All we want kalkan not spoiled. You may have other places to go if Kalkan spoiled but we dont have much choise other than kalkan and we dont want to go to another places. We must protect kalkan. If you love Kalkan you are the visitor and customer you have a right and duty to help us, please tell the belediye you dont want these bars.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »
Hi Esnaf - good to hear from you and welcome to our forum! 

It really is great to hear your viewpoint because certainly from the places that I have seen in full swing (Indigo beach party and Mojito bar) they seem to be full of turkish people!  If you are indeed saying that businesses and turkish people (in the main) are not happy with these new bars and russian dancers then HOW can we, as tourists, property owners and generally short term visitors to Kalkan let the Belediye know that we are concerned about this?

What would you suggest we do?  It is pointless us each going in and demanding to see the Mayor surely?  Would organising a petition be a good idea?  As a turkish person - I would like to hear your ideas for how we could collectively present a single voice to the Belediye!

Cheers!

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2009, 08:39:12 AM »
Given that the economy of Kalkan is signicantly based on the "tourist" trade, could I suggest that the Mayor/Belediye has an "Advisory Committee". This could be  made up of resident UK expats, property owners who rent out etc etc i.e. those non-turkish who have an interest in the continuing success of Kalkan. This would give him access to the views and opinions (both good and bad) of the non-turkish element of the Kalkan economy. I'm sure he already hears the views of the local turkish community. As a property owner with an interest in the tourist trade in Kalkan (and a vested interest in the maintaining the fantastic veatures of Kalkan !), I would volunteer to join and contribute.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2009, 08:42:55 AM »
Sounds like a good starting point Denners - I too would be willing to participate - perhaps we could talk to John Fed of Kalkan Turkish Local news to ask his views/opinion/help as I know that he already attends things at the Belediye and knows many people there...??

Cheers!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Paper Moon Hotel

Started by IanTrishinHull on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
by alpheus77
xx
Re: MUSIC at Paper Moon?

Started by kalkanchris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 09:00:32 PM
by Begonvil
xx
Paper Moon Hotel Info

Started by kalkaness on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 05:36:35 PM
by kalkanlover22
xx
AK Party

Started by kalcamp on Politics & Debate

9 Replies
Last post August 01, 2008, 04:23:12 PM
by clashgour

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal