Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can this be true  (Read 15404 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Can this be true
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
for the last 3 summers just before we return to Kalkan I read about the dreadful changes that have happened there and I think ''oh no!''.......and then we get there and the same old magic is still there
places grow and change but the reason we return is that at the moment no matter how much research we do we can''t find anywhere that fits the bill the way Kalkan does.
maybe we should just all chill and enjoy? :angel:

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 09:43:49 AM »
I agree with Babs I have been going to Klakan for 10 years and yes it has changed some for better some for worse but it still has that magic and as soon as I get there I feel at home. Just Enjoy, simples.

m

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »
Very true, I''ve noticed that the lively part of town seems to be the harbour area, which we avoid for eating not because of that just that we prefer the rooftop terraces. Saying that its not a problem down on the harbour for me and I''ve never seen anything too outrageous. Maybe thats the way the town will progress and people will know where to go for either a peaceful evening or something a little more raucous...........  :) :) 

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »
The Harbour is Quieter than it used to be.....Sandals is now just a bar...Very comfortable seats(white setees)drink prices are a little more,but it''s a nice place to chill...the barman will probably show you how to get a cork from in a bottle!! good trick!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »
...Indigos Beach Parties are the loudest thing in Kalkan and they go on until way past 2.30am...that makes the Harbour a no-go area for us on those days because Yacht Point turns its music up to compete :(
We were unfortunate enough to be down at the harbour on 4th July when Indigo had its full moon beach party, Yacht Point had upped the decibels to compete and between them both was a mobile unit that looked like it was taking blood donations  ??? (I kid you not...at 11pm at night) and their music was the loudest of the three. Not what we expected when we strolled down to Trio for a nightcap  :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is it true ??

Started by misty on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
TRUE LOVE AT NO NAME

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post October 13, 2009, 07:32:11 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Can it finally be true?

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 11:42:25 PM
by itstime
xx
blocking information.. is this true

Started by chunky on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post May 12, 2017, 11:16:36 AM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan street

Views: 2621
By: LancashireLass
The real Green Lake