Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can this be true  (Read 15402 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Can this be true
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
I was talking to a client today who has just got back from Kalkan.....not impressed drunken Brits with football shirts on falling about the place...loud music...and stuck up EX PATS looking down their noses at tourists...over priced and overrated restaurants....... would never go back..... I had to double check he went to Kalkan....  ??? ???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3572.0

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Can this be true
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
Misty
Can you elaborate.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:12:39 AM »
This guy hired a very upmarket villa turned out his neighbours either side both ex pats (British) came around day one and told him they don''t expect to hear his children playing loudly in the pool area !!! His girls are 5 and 7.....they then had a tirade about tourists coming to Kalkan and lowering the tone of the place. I think from there onwards his perception of Kalkan went rapidly down hill.....encountering groups of not so young drunken men dressed in football shirts falling around the town didn''t help much either...... 

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
If they were there last weekend they would have experienced 3 days of play offs and the Heineken cup final to boot. Maybe that''s what it was. As for the other thing seems a bit OTT to expect kids to be quiet. I''m sorry they had a bad experience.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »
Hi
I have seen some men in shorts and those footy shirts, with no arms going into the supermarket and coming out with packs of Efes. I think they look really yobbish, even when on an ''older bloke''. Still there is no accounting for taste when it comes to footy, some people even support Portsmouth! ;D
Em
Em

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »
Portsmouth now the second richest club in the Prem after Man city how cool is that.......  :) :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
I didnt see any drunken old football yobs last week,every thing was pretty calm,we watched the utd v Arsenal game in Utopia,one older football fan with utd shirt on but that was it,he wasnt noisy,drunk and he didnt have a case of Efes under his arm,all very low key.
come to think of it,4 older blokes,drunk and noisy ? Noooooo cant be us we didnt have football shirts on !

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 01:39:39 PM »
How did the Man Carry beer with no arms? :D :D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
I''ve only ever seen some issues with this, when some guys were arguing with one of the greeters (Jack Sparrow).....they were Man U supporters and looked totally out of place with their football shirts on, well one had his on the others had them tucked in their shorts...I think they were saying as they are eating outside on the roof terrace why should they have to put their shirts on !!!!  They were with their wives and children who again all had footie shirts on.......to be fair to the greeter he stood his ground and they all moved on...... 

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
Didn''t someone refer to those sleveless shirts as "wifebeater" shirts?  Not that I would, of course. But I think I know what they meant.... ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:36 PM »
If you are going into someones premises,eating,drinking or shopping you should have your shirt on,its just disrespectful, not just to the people eating or whatever but to the owner as well,even if its Mac,ds  ;D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Didn''''t someone refer to those sleveless shirts as "wifebeater" shirts?  Not that I would, of course. But I think I know what they meant.... ;)

And trailer park trash shirts  ;)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »
Or maybe just a sleeveless T shirt ?  ::)

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
Hi Misty

Is this the same client who told you about the Go Karting Track?   ;)
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 04:22:17 PM »
Funny you should say that...........no.....that was a developer and I hope he does build it as I got so much stick from various people  >:D >:D >:D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »
   As for footy shirts,i have taken mine each year for what will be my 23rd year in Kalkan,I have made various friends by wearing it and striking up conversation(most taking the mickey out of my team!!) I have never been in trouble,am never anti social, And find the material modern shirts are made from to be super cool on a hot day(thats why they are made so)What i choose to wear is entireley my own business,if someone doesn''''t like it ..fine don''''t speak to me..i will survive...I also don''''t like the trend of wearing socks with sandals and bum bags,also poncey little "man bags" but if someone wants to wear them fine!it''''s none of my business but i wouldn''''t be so shallow to make assumptions about the said person ;) >:D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:54:06 PM by blue lizard »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »
  As for footy shirts,i have taken mine each year for what will be my 23rd year in Kalkan,I have made various friends by wearing it and striking up conversation(most taking the mickey out of my team!!) I have never been in trouble,am never anti social, And find the material modern shirts are made from to be super cool on a hot day(thats why they are made so)What i choose to wear is entireley my own business,if someone doesn''''''''t like it ..fine don''''''''t speak to me..i will survive...I also don''''''''t like the trend of wearing socks with sandals and bum bags,also poncey little "man bags" but if someone wants to wear them fine!it''''''''s none of my business but i wouldn''''''''t be so shallow to make assumptions about the said person ;) >:D

What team is your shirt ??? I guess if its anything other than Southampton you OK  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 07:48:56 AM »
Come on Misty you should know by now!! Birmingham City!!! ;)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 08:27:18 AM »
Birmingham.....say no more  ;) ;) ;)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 12:47:40 PM »
What do a lot of you ( not all I except ) really expect.....a dress code to enter Kalkan ?  We all have to learn to live and let live sometimes, it makes for a much happier world......I was in Kalkan during the time talked about above, and I must say I did not see or hear any football stuff...I watched the 1st half of the United v Arse.... game at Yalis on the out door telly, could not see to well due to the Sun, so we walked up to The Swan at half time, I wanted to watch the 2nd half in Utopia bar  but it was full, lots of lads sat in rows, it was just like a classroom for older boys ! ! !  all on their best behavior with no football songs been sung ! ! !  Any way in the Swan there were about 10/15 people watching the game - much better picture -  and at the final whistle I must admit there was a massive roar......from ME ! ! !   loudest thing I heard in Kalkan that week ! ! ! ......Sorry  >:D :-* >:D :-* >:D :-* >:D :angel:
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is it true ??

Started by misty on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

17 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Can it finally be true?

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 11:42:25 PM
by itstime
xx
TRUE LOVE AT NO NAME

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post October 13, 2009, 07:32:11 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
blocking information.. is this true

Started by chunky on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post May 12, 2017, 11:16:36 AM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

December tree sunset

Views: 4061
By: cer
Kalkan