Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New and closed  (Read 13817 times)

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: New and closed
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 09:10:25 PM »
The Aubergine must be the No 1 restaurant in Kalkan in all respects  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 12:15:14 AM »
each to it''s own..but bad reports are just as important as good ones so people can make there own chioces on a basis where they they cant say "no one told us" i won''t post negativity unless warranted ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 08:10:19 AM »
I too have nothing but positive comments about Aubergine. Ate there several times during this Easter break and it was never less than excellent. The Kofte Special is particularly good. The rest is merely very good. Service was beyond reproach, so I''m mystified about reports of having to wait, particularly at this time of year. July / August maybe, but now ???

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 08:26:39 AM »
My occasion was june end last year,the place was not particularly busy so there was no reason to take 20 minutes to get a drink 10 yards to my table..other than a table of rather attractive young ladies which the waiters seemed more intent on serving and chatting up....now i know as a slap head i come a pretty poor second ...but hey!!when it did emerge the food was not what we ordered,was luke warm and bits were missing from the order....also what went missing was the decent tip i would have left  ;)  Had i not been on hols,competely chilled and in Kalkan mode..this Lizard would have scuttled off!!   i know all places have off days but once bitten twice shy as they say......and it''''s an excuse to try another of kalkans fine array of restaurants ;) :D

anyone got news of new ones?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:36:41 AM by blue lizard »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »
We had a fantastic meal I arrived really early as I walked down for a shave first, they set me a table up on the pavement side of the restaurant and gave me a couple of large Efes beers on the house. Nothing was to much trouble when the rest of the family arrived plus friends the service was fast and attentive and the food first class. I''m not a great fan of the harbour side restaurants preferring the terrace''s in town but I will defiantly go back to Aubergines on my next visit  :) :)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 01:53:31 PM »
I''m afraid coz it is each to their own and I wont be going back to the Aubergine in a hurry -  we went at Easter after a long break coz I was disappointed the previous time and things (as far as I was concerned) havent changed...poor service, long wait for food, food turned up which we hadnt ordered and overpriced. 

It is a lovely setting but I''m afraid I have never had a good experience there - so I will leave it to you guys who do like it and have had had positive experiences!!  And I will go back to my favs!!!

Cheers!

PS - I do want to give the new NAR a go and also the other new one near there....its name escapes me!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
We were out at Easter and went to Aubergine and had a good meal. Very strange that the service is up and down especially during quieter times considering it''s such an established and popular place. Perhaps not enough people are telling them that things are not right when clearly from the posts some members have not had the best of experiences.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 03:58:20 PM »
Is Zula still open ????????

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 04:29:56 PM »
Over the seven years I have been going to Kalkan I have never had a good meal in Aubergine. I have been persuaded to go back on several occasions over the years by different people and always come away dissapointed. I think it is very over rated and expensive.
As we like our guests to explore we do not reccomend restaurants, but in our visitors book far more people write unflattering comments rather than good and nearly all comments say that it is overpriced.
As Felicity says each to their own but I will certainly not be persuaded to try it again.

M

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »
Yes Zula is still open.  Had a lovely meal there during the Easter week.  It was a similar price to Aubergine, but then again as I said earlier I don''t find Aubergine any more expensive than the others.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
I can still recall the steak I had cooked and covered in Gorgonzola served on a wooden platter......hmmmmm

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
There is so much choice in Kalkan that if you do have a bad experience in a restaurant you don''t have to go back there. We''ve always had lovely meals in Aubergine, but I respect other posters views.
We''re just looking forward to trying new places and keeping our fingers crossed our favourites stay open this year :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »
Some good posts but can I remind people the Thread is asking about what shops/bars/restaurants etc are or are not opening this season.
Please feel free to start new threads or add on to the old reports on restaurants, as this makes it easier for members to find.
Thanks
Joan

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
We are just back from Kalkan and had a great meal at the newly opened Nar. The food was very good and the menu just a bit different from other places. Another couple we met had also had a meal there and said it was the best meal they had eaten all week. The service was excelllent and the decor was very tasteful. It''s definately worth a try.

Offline Joules

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
OK Joan - back on thread - 2 of the new restaurants which have opened this season and which I have no hesitation ın recommending are Mussaka (used to be Rami''s) and Saffron (above Utopia, used to be Poınt - between Post offıce and Moonlıght bar) - I haven''t tried all of the new one''s yet but have had first class food and service in both of these.

Offline Natsky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2009, 10:22:30 PM »
Anyone been to Pasha this yr? Is it open?

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »
Not been in but yes its open  :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
Hiya Natsky,Pasha bar or Pasha apartments ?
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Natsky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
hi, sorry, Pasha Bar. x

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
Hiya Natsky,yes Yusuf has Pasha up and running,Emre,Emra and dad are there,it busy last week,a few of the lads are working at other bars now,if you are on face book have a look at Pasha bar kalkan,loads of pics from the last few weeks.  >:D

Neil. ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Opticians closed

Started by Lynne T on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post June 20, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
by Tatilde
xx
IS PTT CLOSED IN KALKAN ?

Started by JACQUIVIVA on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post June 28, 2008, 01:48:51 PM
by misty
xx
Chillies closed?

Started by bankieken on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post October 20, 2015, 07:34:35 AM
by ScotsinKalkan
xx
Restaurants and bars closed

Started by Tyros on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 08:25:01 AM
by tigertim

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal