Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sudden jump in booking enquiries  (Read 3691 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Sudden jump in booking enquiries
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:19:12 AM »
Has anyone else experienced a sudden massive increase in booking enquiries over the last three or four days?

I am trying to figure out why... not that I'm complaining... but it's really weird that in the space of three days we have received more enquiries than in the previous three months. And genuine ones too, not the plethora of spam that we were getting a few months ago!

Has something happened to cause this? Whatever it is... more please! :) :) :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13304.0

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
Re: Sudden jump in booking enquiries
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:03:26 AM »
Perhaps not massive, but certainly a trickle - agree v welcome news after the cobwebs of Jan - April.  Although even the trickle still seems to be people that know Kalkan from previous visits rather than complete newbies.  And its the school holidays where we still have a few vacancies - it seems people with kids are still reticent about Turkey as a destination

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:28 PM »
Flight prices are pretty good.  For the last 3 yrs it has cost around £1300 for 3 of us to fly, i priced up a trip the other day and the flights would be under £900..... Thats a few efes AND a handbag!

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:40:26 PM »
just had my 1st booking for 2018! only a couple of weeks left this year so difficult to tell, however web site hits have gone up.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:57:19 AM »
Flight prices have definitely come down....I've been looking in case our Monarch flights are cancelled again. Seems the airlines policy now is to try and fill some of their scheduled flights. Let's hope it continues :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline BeyazGül Apt.

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »
What will happen to enquiries via owners direct when they put a percentage on to guests's who book through their site at the end of this month ? or is that why we are seeing a surge now? or do potential guest's even know ?.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 11:00:35 AM »
White Rose ... I think renters do not yet know even though VRBO already has this policy in place.  We wanted to rent an apt in Sarasota, FL and the owner added on $500, telling me that VRBO now charges the client as well as the owner.  We did not accept the rental.  Instead found her email privately and rented without this additional cost.  I think people will rebel next year when this policy will be applied to all rental websites now owned by Homeaway/Expedia. 

We will no longer advertise on any of those sites.  There is a group online trying to start a protest.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »
We advertise with OD and have had a lot of correspondence with them over various issues. Let's say they talk the talk but don't walk the walk! Absolutely hopeless, they are not interested in advertising your property, only to make as much money as they can.When we spoke to them about Kalkan they had no idea of the area or what Kalkan was like. Gone are the days where you could advertise with a small agency that actually had your wishes acted on.Unfortunately we are still with them but this will be the last year,we will try and work around the booking charge for guests somehow. For people that have large,expensive villas this booking charge will be quite a substantial amount. I feel it is like a stealth tax.
Such a shame as historically if you were looking for a villa you always knew Owners Direct were what they advertised, you could book with the owners, direct. Sadly no more.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 07:37:42 PM »
As rental agents for a number of owners as well as our own, we have been doing an experiment. Apart from listing on our own website (which is our most successful outlet) we have also listed some properties on OD on a subscription basis (ie pay up front) and some on a pay-per-booking basis, where OD take commission on all booking completed through their site.

We have now been doing this for over a year, and have sufficient data to make a fair comparison. Guess which method produces the most enquiries?

Offline BeyazGül Apt.

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 07:56:12 PM »
Our property is also on Holiday Lettings on a percentage per booking basis but never had a booking from that site.

Offline OQV

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
I tried Holiday Lettings a few years ago - not one enquiry after one year with them.  I've listed on AirBnB but only get spam. OD seems to be the best place (and to be honest the only place where I get real bookings) but their increased pricing and different price plans (and how they decide how high up they put your ad on the search results) over the last few years has annoyed me.  Now they want to have their cake and eat it. If people don't use their booking system you could find your add at the bottom of the list.  I think their new renters fee will put a lot of people off.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 03:02:25 PM »
No sudden increase in enquiries for me... :( Just 2 spam holidaylettings enquiries...soooo obvious to spot!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sudden surge in bookings

Started by MartynE on General Discussion

34 Replies
Last post January 26, 2009, 01:28:14 PM
by Jamera
xx
Booking restaurants

Started by Lancs lass on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 09:24:15 PM
by Lancs lass
xx
Booking Excursions

Started by Oscie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post August 03, 2012, 01:49:23 PM
by Skunk
xx
Booking transfers for guests

Started by jinfizzz on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 08:49:37 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal