Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Harbour plans  (Read 76613 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Harbour plans
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »
Our first night tradition is eating in Merkez...so gutted they wont be serving food after 6pm  >:(
I know a lot of people don't like the Jimmy's "thrones" but we love them...and their apple martinis. I do hope they find somewhere - please do let us know early holidaymakers or residents.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »
Bit of a shock to go on to facebook and then KTLN to see that the diggers have taken a chunk out of the Korsan. They appear to have lost their bottom terrace and it would seem part of their main area. Relieved to hear though that they plan to open on 10 May......our first night was in serious jepody for a while!  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2015, 12:23:37 PM »
There are more photos on KTLN Facebook page about the progress of work down at the harbour...seems to be all systems go

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2015, 07:00:01 AM »
Looking back over this thread, and all the rumours/speculation/uncertainty regarding the future of some of our favourite harbour-side bars/restaurants, I'm really pleased to be able to report that the newly relocated Mussakka is as good as ever. I went to their opening night, and how handsome and chic their new premises look. The food was heavenly, and dare I say it, the elevated views over the islands were even better than in their previous location. With Seaport also ready to open shortly on the corner opposite the taxi rank, the smart Mini Bar nearby, and the lovely Coriander just up the hill, I  think will we may see a re-focus of desirable places to eat on the approach to the old town. Good luck to all the business for the season.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
I agree with everything you say Christina.We tried Coriander a couple of times and it is really superb.Not yet had the chance to go to Seaport or Mussaka but they sound very good too.

The standard this year seems very high.Can I give a name check to Yelkin bistro on the Kalamar road,situated beneath the Yelkin apartments.We went there in May and the standard was as high as Coriander.........really amazing. The only downside is that it is a fair way up the Kalamar road.We tend to hire a car,so can go to Café vita for lunch or the bistro at night without a problem.

If you are walking,it is a bit of a way..........but well worth the visit to Vita for their "world famous chips and home made burgers " and the bistro in the evening.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
We too ate at Mussakka on their opening night and the food was excellent as usual. The new venue has good views and they've made it lovely inside. Memet is working with his new staff to ensure the service is as slick as it was and we were pleased to see that he had to turn people away it was so busy.

Also ate at Corriander and thought the food was good and excellent value.

Another new place with great food is the Rosemary Restaurant at the harbour, next to Trio. We ate there twice and both meals were excellent, had great service and a reasonable price for the harbour.

Loved the new Black and Gold Bar and Botanic Gardens for cocktails.

Offline kevtamuk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2015, 05:39:00 AM »
We ate at Rosemary on Monday and really enjoyed it too.  So far we've not had a bad meal.  The Fish Terrace and Sade were as wonderful as last year.

Tried the Black and Gold bar where the position, service, cocktails and snacks were great.  Have to say that we love the additional chill out area in The Fountain Bar too and their cocktails are as wonderful as we remembered from last year,best so far in Kalkan

My 90 year old mother in law is being bowled over by the friendliness of waiters and taxi drivers and they all call her mama.   Thankfully she is coping admirably with the steps and hills of Kalkan and we have 4 more Kalkan converts who love this place

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Plans for the Harbour

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 08:59:43 AM
by kags
xx
Kas plans dog slaughter

Started by Linda on Other Resorts

56 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 10:18:39 AM
by itstime
xx
A Week in October - the plans

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

31 Replies
Last post October 09, 2010, 11:55:18 AM
by fitwenchdidyell
xx
harbour

Started by Babs on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post August 05, 2011, 03:15:39 PM
by Babs

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara beach

Views: 2675
By: anne41
Ilyada Restaurant