Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Out of Season updates  (Read 103757 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Out of Season updates
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »
Is that the bit in between Migros and the Kebab hut heading towards Bim?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 04:48:28 PM »
Thanks DRBD, it's sad that area is going to be built over.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 08:03:28 PM »
BL. .. no its the road leading from Cafe Ev up towards the school on the rhs  almost at the top of the hill.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »
Yes - that is correct...RIGHT in front of my villa where you stayed BL... :(  I understand that it will be 3.5 storeys with shops/commercial premises below and apartments above...massive block and very sad.  I am currently trying to find out how tall it will be and if I will lose ALL my sea view...  >:(
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 08:28:34 PM »
That is very sad Felicity. I always feel for people when you hear stories like this. As people have said there are already enough properties and in this area it will just lead to even more traffic congestion. Were you aware that there was the possibility of it being built on or was it designated olive grove or green land. Or is it just the owner of cafe ev cashing in maybe.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:49 AM »
Chickengeorge, yes it is a shame we had a very similar problem some years ago, 2 very large ,3 storey apartment blocks built in front of us, fortunately for us we have a small view of the bay left but also the mountain side view. The 'green land' seems to get built on eventually!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »
No - I was aware of that possibility when I bought 8 years ago...but I was told that it would be a villa (max 2.5 storeys) but now it has been designated commercial land so 3.5 storeys with a GIGANTIC apartment block...effectively blocking out my entire view....is permissible...  >:(  So vastly different to what I was told originally.  It is not owned by Café Ev but by a family who own a lot of land around me.  :(

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 07:34:38 AM »
The big worry now is how long will it be before they sell off some of or all of the other land, it's all in a very desirable location.  Over the years we have had the birds & other wild life coming back to the area after the building, there won't be anything left for them to come back to soon, just concrete, glass & more concrete. 

The traffic congestion is another issue, in the summer it's nightmare, not much better now especially as the flow of cement mixers, huge lorries collecting the rubble etc driving in & around the town.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 08:59:36 AM »
That's a great shame..we enjoyed a few of our holidays in Felicitys villa..it is bad enough in the UK where we are more used to ways and laws and language when Planning pops up with something that affects our properties /homes and it seems despite opinion it goes ahead anyway in the majority of cases.I imagine in Turkey it is no different and as a foreigner would be very difficult.There are(were) loads of Tortoises of all shapes and sizes on this piece of land and as DRBD says no where will be left for anything wild .. :(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »
Is there any sign of the proposed changes to the harbour...?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »
BL..... We can but hope that perhaps the other areas will be left untouched for a while but as they say money talks & it speaks very loudly here in Kalkan.  We hope the tortoises survive, they have brought us much pleasure & this year we have had many about.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
Very sad for that area of Kalkan and for everyone involved. Just hope that it turns out to be not as bad as expected :-[

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 05:09:06 PM »
Sounds like someone should import some Crested Newts, Red Kites, Ospreys or the like.  >:D
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »
Just wondering if planning permission for these latest 'new builds' was rushed through whilst the previous 'lax' administration was in office? I heard that many developers were breaking their necks to scrape in under the bar with their controversial plans before the new mayor came to office. Is any dialogue taking place between residents/owners and the new officials about this seemingly reckless approach to building in an already over-developed area, and the apparent wanton disregard for the local community or the environment?

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 07:17:14 AM »
Christina... re the planning permission, think they rushed a few through last year before the election, then there was the rush to put 'roof top extensions' on eg., several of the hotels that had small apartments or just rooms 'grew' an extra rooms by doing away with their flat roof tops &  building suites. This also applied to some villas/apartments.
The only dialogue we have gone through re the building near us is rumour that it could happen, & when it did it wasn't where we were told it would be.  The diggers are out in force, & we sat along the Kalamar road the other day when approx. every 8mins either a lorry, cement mixer or pumper rumbled by either way.  Had a couple of power cuts & the water pressure is still dire at times.

Anyway is dry today & again a watery sunshine but that's better than the heavy rain we got  yet again during last week not quite so much flooding thankfully, some people are still drying out. Tomorrow is forecast rain again.
Very much colder in the evenings now, last night in particular, the fleeces certainly came out. The sea is looking quite rough & uninviting opposed to just a week ago.

The new season of oranges & mandarins are now about, we had a few on our trees, small but very tasty, just wanting for our lemons now. People still picking the olives, all very healthy eating at the moment, not all bad here after all.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »
Seems such a shame that new administration - which promises much in terms of development - wasnt able to rescind planning permission that was obviously rushed through but still contradictory to the previous rules on building. Hopefully we will see a change next year - if the new mayor is true to his word and money isnt the decision maker as it has been in the past.
That said, the growing of your own citrus fruit sounds lovely. Thanks for keeping us up to date with life in Kalkan.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:15:12 PM by kalkan4eva »

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
It's not just Kalkan that has trouble with the rain.

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/weather/13229-heavens-opened-fethiye.html

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »
Indeed not, we have friends who were caught in that in Fethiye.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 11:32:47 PM »
As I'm out in KK for a week early December, checking on upgrades at the villa etc. it would be great to know what restaurants etc will be open.   
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2014, 07:09:17 AM »
hobbo .. think you best check on KTLN for that one, at the moment from what we ourselves know, Mousakka are still open, & one or 2 others in the harbour area including Fener, in the town there is Hunker & one other that I can't remember the name but it's opposite where Parc Kalkan aka Lemon Garden was. Café Vita are open but closed on Tuesdays I think but they have a notice in the window. One way or another you won't starve.  It seems we may be in for a far wetter winter than last year so would suggest you bear that in mind re clothing also its turned very chilly, the sun shine is very deceptive re the warmth.

At the moment it's dry with a very chilly wind blowing & a fair bit of fluffy cloud but the weather forecast for is not looking too good for Turkey & Cyprus. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
IN SEASON UPDATES.

Started by DRBD on General Discussion

97 Replies
Last post June 06, 2015, 06:20:05 PM
by Charlie
smiley
SEASON'S GREETINGS

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post December 27, 2012, 12:56:06 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Renting a car this season

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post April 05, 2010, 10:27:23 AM
by baclava
xx
Getting ready for the season

Started by alantj on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 08, 2012, 03:56:15 PM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

sea

Views: 3762
By: irfan
Kalkan Street