Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joyce's adventures in wonderland  (Read 36620 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Joyce's adventures in wonderland
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
mmm!!! melting a tuba??? what a great idea!!..this instrument makes a hideous noise and I get images of fat German men in lederhosen and trilby hats when I hear one...very disturbing!  Aaaaaagh!!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2014, 02:54:34 PM »
T
Honk  meant think why did honk appear any way I digress time to give up this blog is driving everybody crazy !

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
Yes Joycie, please keep your posts coming, they have been brilliant, tuba and all! Loved that one, know what you mean though about not worth going back and correcting typos, it is such a faff doing that. Worse thing is when you've done a long post and don't save it, then it disappears, so annoying!

I am so so sad to hear about poor Adem, I am so angry and shocked that someone could do that, you would not ever find a nicer person, he is a true gentleman! I really hope that they can track these people down and make them pay up!! Yes I would definitely try and find out where they were staying and the property owner.

Jayne
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:38:09 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »
no, joycie you are keeping us entertained in more ways than one. You can't give up until it time to go home. What will we do...? :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
There are a few posts on ktln today about Kalkan having a different type of clientele this year.......odd, my daughter doesn't arrive till this evening!  :laugh: seriously  though it makes me angry that people can be so downright selfish and mean and then get us Brits (all nationalities) a bad name.

On a jollier note I am going to start a campaign.....all those who vote for joycie to carry on with her daily posts (typos included) even when home please sign below..........

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
I shuld lick Joycie to curry on pusting ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:35 PM »
Ha ha ha!!! Bliddy prod@?tid tixt! Me too please add my monicker Babs  ;D ;D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »
Yus pleeeeeze

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2014, 08:21:21 PM »
Well this is my second attempt at a comprise mention report of another day in heaven.
We had breakfast on the balcony and then meandered down to Fenners to watch the boats go out. On the way out Fiona was in the bottom apartment trying to sort out somebody to open the safe. The girls had cocked up the combo and Fiona who should have been on a boat trip with her sister was  trying to get a safe engineer to open e safe for the Girls. who were going home todsy. We left her to it.
We meandered down to Fenners carefully missing the jewellers on the way I promise you we will get there in the end veered off by Kosk and bought a lampshade for my new bungalow and then on down to Fennerd. I had fresh orange Brinhad a latte and we watched the boats go out. A couple got entangled but on e whole they all hot away without too much bother.
We walked back past the old Kaptans and up the hill. It was quite a climb and I took some photos of the beautiful old properties along the way. We went part Isos where we had had a lovely meal past my jewellers we will stop there soon and on up to the green grocers where we bought 4 lovely tomatoes at 1.5 lire.
On up to Ysli where we bought a newspaper a bottle of wine and some bacon. Final leg up to Ghent Nur apartments.
Fiona and her sister were sitting by the pool as we left because they had missed their boat trip because of the errant safe. They  weren't there anymore so we deposited our shopping and decided to go to cafe Ev for lunch. I had a tuna melt with chips Hri had a mushroom omelette with chips 3 Efes between us 55lire. Excellent.
We watched do kids come home for a dinner break. The zebra although lemon and white crossings were manned by two policemen. The traffic duly stopped and only one triad to go the wrong way up the dual carriageway and he was stopped and chastised by the policeman. The kids  all hot home safely. Going back after dinner there were no policemen on the crossing and the kids took their lives into there hands to get across the road back to school.
We paid and went back go Daybreak. We decided to have the afternoon by the pool. It was lovely there was only us there. We slept and read and at 5.00 pm decided to go back to Daybreak for a shower.
All clean I sat on the balcony read my book and Bri played solitaire on the I pad.
At 6.40 we meandered down to the Lemon a Garden for a drink  and then on to  Asian gate for dinner. It was delicicious we had Indian starters and chine she's mains.
We paid the bill climbed Everest home and stopped at Yali for an ice cream for me.
All my clothes are now in the wash because the ice cream melted immedistely I opened it.
We'd had another perfect day and have no plans for tomorrow so we ,ll see what happens.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »
Joycie....as on form as ever....bless you!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2014, 09:35:44 PM »
Yes, brilliant Joycie!  :D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2014, 09:56:06 PM »
All this, but joycie gets Asian Garry right......

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2014, 05:33:50 AM »
Once again the text is all over the place and I've never been to Ghent in my life. Honest. I lost my first attempt and foolishly decided to have another brandy and do it again. Hence a lot more mistakes sorry but I think you'll get the gist.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2014, 07:25:52 AM »
It makes your reports all the more special.

Come on Bri......take this lady jewellery shopping! You've  dodged it for way too long! :P

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
Wow today has been exactly a year since Bri had his heart attack at Adems. I told Adem he was our guardian angel and so a year later we are here having a fabulous holiday.
Today I hadn't even realised what a momentous occasion had occurred  a year ago Bri didn't mention it till later.
We decided to go down to  Fenners have a drink and decide beach club or town beach. Before we got to Fenners we decided on a town beach day so headed straight for the beach to grab two sun beds. I like to sit within range of Kleos so I can use my wi-fi so two lovely beds under the tree close to the litter bin romantic or what were commandeered. I went to Kleos got two mattresses made up our beds and then off to Fenners for coffee. Most of the boats went out and there were a lot full of young ones really enjoying themselves. I was just glad I wasn't one of them.
We returned to our sun beds it was really hot. Because it was a Saturday a lot of locals were on the beach and they definetly out numbered the Brits. Mind you it was so family orientated and it was a joy to see the little ones being taken notice of.
We went to Kleos for lunch. I had pideler and Bri his usual mushroom omelette. We had 3 Efes between us and then it was back to the sun beds. A young Turkish Mom with her son appeared to go in the sea. She was dressed head to toe in a waterproof trouser suit but he had more sensible swimming trunks on. She was a really good swimmer but I wondered how comfortable she was in her outfit and there were lots of young Turkish families in western style outfits and swimming gear. They certainly looked more comfortable but she and her son were really enjoying themselves so who am I to judge.

We stopped till 5pm had another Efes between us and started the walk up to our apartment. It was then that Bri mentioned that it had been a year since his heart attack. A WOW moment overtook me but we climbed steadily up the hill until Ramos was in sight. It was still in the window so Bri said come on it's now or never make up your mind. I did instantaneously and was in the shoo like a bolt of lightening. Ramos remembered us but not which bracelet I wanted. So quick as a shot I was outside pointing to my hearts desire. He retrieved it from the window put it on my wrist and showed me how to securely fasten it. I learn very quickly in theses circumstances and I stood drooling with my lovely bracelet secured on my wrist. We knocked him down a few more pounds and he found me a lovely box to put it in. He wrapped it in silver sparkly paper and put three bows on the package and then a lovely black and gold bag to carry it in. Oh the joy when I walked up the hill with my precious parcel. I kissed Bri I could have cried remembering only a year ago we were off to Fethiye with a dubious outcome in the offing. It went straight into the safe but will be shown the light of day tomorrow when I promised to send a picture to my friend Mor.
So we showered and decided to go to the Lemon Garden for a drink. We both had gin and tonics and the rottie insisted on playing fetch the plastic bottle. So we were hurling a plastic bottle around trying not to disturb the other clientele with a dog that big climbing over everything to fetch it back.
Chilies became our choice for food again. We like it there and Mr Happy was pleased to see us. I had the chilies special chicken Bri had the sizzling lamb and they were both delicious. We had a lovely conversation with a couple whose sons had returned to Uni today and they had a whole week left to their own devices.
So after complimentary apple tea we bade farewell climbed the hill and are now on our terrace with a brandy and a whiskey.
A bit different to last year when Bri was in intensive care and I spent a night on my own in the English speaking patients department at Fethiye.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »
So glad to hear you had a special day. So much different from  a year ago AND you got the bracelet!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday,

Barb

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2014, 06:47:50 AM »
What a wonderful way to mark the anniversary - a day in paradise and you get a gift!   My husband had a heart attack too last year. It was hard to believe a year had passed. He is fully recovered - he's off on his off road motorbike today, racing in Wales!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2014, 07:27:44 AM »
Thank you yes it was a wonderful present. Glad your husband is Ok too. It's so worrying at the time but life is great now and Kalkan is wonderful as usual.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:52 AM »
Yes, what a difference a year can make, so pleased that Bri is fully recovered Joycie,  :D and Haybo, your OH too,  :D bet he is excited about his motorbike race today isn't he?

So thrilled you got your bracelet Joycie, enjoy the rest of your holiday in sunny Kalkan!  8) 8) 8)

Jayne

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
We're in the Lemon Garden drinking Efes and apple tea. By the way I'm drinking the Efes.Its Turkish name is Limonlubahce  which I think would be a lovely name for a boat especially one that's coming out of the water soon and could be renamed. It's name now is Good Boy 3 what do you think?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Walking in a winter wonderland

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post March 09, 2009, 01:50:11 PM
by Buster
xx
Our Adventures in Paradise

Started by Agent Ottoman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
by samson
xx
Sally's holiday adventures!

Started by Sallyjane on Holiday Reports and Reviews

16 Replies
Last post September 24, 2014, 08:23:35 PM
by pattaya

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal