Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joyce's adventures in wonderland  (Read 36622 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Joyce's adventures in wonderland
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2014, 09:53:27 AM »
That sounds lovely Joycie.  Naming the boat after something that has great memories for you makes it all the more special.  Our dog is called Jackson after a holiday we had in the states where we visited a civil war battle site and there was a statue of Stonewall Jackson.  Random but true!

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »
You go to Fener a lot so you must love it there.....so why not combine it with Limonlu Bahce and call it Fenerbahce.......oh, hang on a minute.....
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
I think it would be more likely to be called Birmingham City if we were going to name it after a football team.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »
My adventures are fast coming to an end. So sad but still two full days to how until we wend our weary way back to Dalaman on Tuesday night. I cooked breakfast today. Our maths had not been very good and we were one egg short of a full breakfast. So I decided to scramble the one egg and hence leave 4 for the remaining two breakfasts. Actually it was alright. So today we had scrambled egg fried tomatoes bacon and toast. It was lovely.
Decided to have a pool day today but first our usual walk down to the harbour to watch the boats go out and have a drink in Fenners. They know us well now and I was going to have a fresh orange juice so when he arrived with our usual latte and cappuccino I didn't have the heart to tell him. Still they were delicious as usual.
We started the long climb up town and it was still in my head that I may get a handbag for my troubles if I played my cards wisely. Devious me never.
I'd got to think about it so we passed the handbag shops on tiptoes and tomorrow who knows.
We'd decided to eat in tonight. Chicken potatoes cauliflower and red cabbage was in my mind. The chicken shop now has a new sign at least I hadn't noticed it before. Last night a neon chicken in black and red flashed at us as we passed.
Five minutes for the chickens to be ready so off to the Lemon Garden for drinkies. If anybody asked I told Bri to tell them we were waiting for a chicken as you do. In all the years we've been coming to Kalkan I never went into the Parc as it was then but since it's change of name we've been in pretty well every single day.its very pleasant sitting in the garden there. Although there are always tables set I've never seen anyone eating there either. I'd ordered an Efes Bri an apple tea. I told him to keep the Efes in front of him so it looked like I was drinking the apple tea. Well one has to keep ones standards doesn't one. Four people came in and sat at a dining table I told Bri to slow down I wanted to see what the food was like. He went to Kentucky fried chicken came back and still no food had arrived so we got up to how. I was honest as I passed and tod them I was waiting to see what they'd had to eat. They told me they'd ordered breakfast and the last one they'd had there was delicious. I'll never know.
On up to the apartment dumped our stop and decided paste port pizza was our lunch haven.
Omar is always pleased to see us laid a table and took our order. It was freshly done and lovely then back to our sun beds for the afternoon. We were on our own and WH got a bit of a dip. I had a lovely sleep Bri went and made us an apple tea and the afternoon was gone.
Went back upstairs had a shower and prepared the vegetables. Bri did his injection laid the table on the back balcony poured a lovely glass of red wine and we toasted each other for our lovely holiday
We retired to the front balcony got the cards out and I beat him at crib several times.
So that was today tomorrow I have an itinerary to work to trying to fit in a cherry wine and a new handbag. So who knows but you certainly will if it all goes to plan.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
Enjoy whats left of your time Joycie it goes so quick!!...(I know quite a few people who are 1 egg short of a full breakfast :P) ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2014, 05:33:41 AM »
Been like that all my life.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
So sad penultimate day in Kalkan. Once again weather brilliant oh I wish I had something to moan about. Decided to do some washing so I could go home with a case full of clean knickers. Mission accomplished all hung out to dry time for a big of sunbed time. Fiona called in and we said our goodbyes in case we didn't see her tomorrow. We told we'd had a fabulous time and depending on The results of Bris hospital appointments we'd love to book again gorgeous three weeks possibly  What the heck. She said next years bookings are going very well so it looks like it's make up your mind time.
Lunch was bubble and squeak with a chicken leg each. Part of the one we'd waited for in the LemonGarden. Seems a bit disrespectful but it was delicious. We had an Efes at the Nur said goodbye to the boys and returned for a final lie on our sun beds after a quick dip. I must say the pool is a little cooler this week. I don't know why the weather is just ax warm but I guess Autumn is just round the corner.
I went upstairs did some ironing packed the suitcases as far as poss and had a shower. We walked down to town at about 6.30 passed every bar and plonked ourselves in a throne at Jimmys. I had a delicious Bellini Bri had an Efes.
We sat and people watched and then decided to go to Seaport for our mealIf was absolutely delicious in fact I still havesome fillet steak for the dogs and cats tomorrow.
All the restaurants except Ilyada were really full and we wondered why they didn't attract the customers like the others. The atmosphere was fabulous really buzzing and the for the standard of the meals and the portions the price wasn't over excessive. 132 lire. We had cheese rolls the delicious puffy bread with dips I had fillet steak and Bri had Seaport special chicken. I had caramel ice cream to finish and two apple teas on the house.
We paid the bill and walked to the taxi at the end of the quay. With my hands over my eyes we arrived safely at the Nur ANC made our way on to our lovely terrace and are now drinking a brandy and a whiskey. No doubt I'll speak to you all tomorrow but if not I 'll give my final report when I get to sunny Sraffordshire.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
Oh joycie i shall miss your reports!  The weather here is pretty good....we're not far from you.
Look after that bracelet!

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2014, 09:55:32 AM »
Thanks for your lovely reports Joycie.They have been very entertaining.I know staffordshire very well,particularily around Uttoxeter and Rocester ( close to the JCB factory )

It sounds like you have had a really fun time,which is excellent after last years worries.

Looking forward to your final report,from Kalkan or home.Have a very safe trip back.

holiday lettings http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:57:42 AM by Mayday1 »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
Yes, thank you Joycie for sharing your holiday with us all, it has been such a joy reading them everyday.  Safe journey home too, and look forward to your final post soon.

Now let me think ............ I wonder who the next person will be to share their holiday report!  ;D ;D ;D ;D, but am looking forward to it very much!  :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D

Jayne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
thanks joycie and safe flight home. I've really enjoyed reading your reports and so glad you had such a relaxing and peaceful holiday compared to last year...and a beautiful new bracelet. I'd say this is a new anniversary date for you to celebrate every year...sorry Bri.
Over to you Babs...itstime....anyone else?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
I'm not sure I can live up to Joyce's standards!!  :laugh: but I'll Gove it my beast shop!  :laugh:
Surely someone is going before us......18 sleeps and counting!!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
There you go Babs! You seem to have the hang of it!

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »
New to posting but I've loved the posts. They have given me that special feeling that you get when you get to Kalkan.  My OH and I have been going to Kalkan for 10 years. We are Kalkan addicts. Been twice this year and lucky enough to be off again in only 5 sleeps. Always stayed in hotels, this will be our first time saying in a villa.  :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:36 PM »
Hello janeb.........are you taking up the challenge?

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2014, 05:56:53 AM »
Hi janeb.  You teally have got the bug havent you! I hope that you find the time to put up a few posts whilst you are there, i for one would love to hear what you get up to! There is never a dull  day..

Where is the villa? What made you switch from a hotel..... So many questions for a new poster!

Haybo

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2014, 08:51:48 AM »
Yes, thanks so much Joycie. I'm really going to miss your blogs so much, typos and all. Safe journey home and hope we hear from you again soon.  :D

Attagirl Babs, and janeb - welcome to the forum, please don't be shy and help us to relive our Kalkan dreams! Look forward to hearing from you soon too.  :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »
Well here we are a final blog. I'm sat at home cases unpacked washing spinning around and jeans and sweatshirt instead of the lightest gear you can find. As usual I digress so here is my final report.
Tuesday morning start of our final day. Luckily Fiona had said we could keep the apartment all day the next happy campers were not coming in till Wednesday so it gave us another day to holiday. Oh oh woke up in the middle of Monday night with Delhi belly. Delicately put I know but you get the gist. Spent most of the night in the bathroom and all my best laid plans were fast fading. Didn't have any breakfast but did Bris which he really enjoyed on the terrace. Suggested Bri took a trip to the chemist for me to get Immodium or the equivalent which he graciously did. I didn't dare leave the loo. He came back with Floxilevo at a gigantic price of 50 lire. Well I opened the box and they were the biggest tablets I'd ever seen. Wasn't sure whether to take one or whether it was supposed to be used as a bung. So I took the easy way out and swallowed it.Brian is hopeless at swallowing tablets and he couldn't believe how I could get this giant down in one go but if it was going to save my last day in Kalkan believe me it was going to how down. I had a shower and freshened my self up and waited for my next visit to the loo. The pharmacist said if it didn't work after 6 tablets then a doctors visit was required.
Wow one tablet and I felt much better dare I make the trip down town. In for a penny off we went. Decided to visit the cash dispenser got to it ferreted in my handbag no cash cards. Oh blimey I remember I'd put them in my other handbag. So tail between my legs I went back to the apartment looked at the loo No I was fine and returned to the cash dispenser cards in hand. Now we were really cooking with gas. I think I mentioned the night before we'd been to Seaport I'd had some lovely fillet steak but there was too much but I'd wrapped the excess up in a tissue intending to feed a fog or three on the way back with it. We had a taxi back so the steak stayed in my bag overnight so it was a good job that I had to go back for my cards because I found the forgotten steak. So armed with steak and cash cards off we went. Not a single flipping dog in sight. There was always a dog to accompany you but not today until we got down by the Samira and there was a dog lying by the side of the wall. Bri dropped some steak by his nose. He didn't even bother to lift his head just opened his mouth and gently swallowed it without as much as a by your leave first bit gone. Then it got really exciting there were two dogs on the opposite side of the road.(just been to Ghent again this flipping computer thinks I want to go there every time I spell the)
Anyway we dodged the speeding taxis and guess what the dogs had crossed the road before we did so we 're now on opposite sides again. I waved my bit of tissue at the shouted fillet steak and they negotiated the traffic and finally made it to us. They ate the remaking steak very gently almost winked at us to say thank you and off they went to cause chaos elsewhere.
Before the holiday started Bri had bought me a new handbag with a shoulder strap so that I could put it over my head at the airport (just got air potty do you think this computer knows something that I don't) and get passports etc out without too much trouble. Well that was the plan. It broke whilst I was in the queue for checking in so Bri suggested that we call at one of the handbag shops to see if I could get a replacement for our return journey. Hm call at a handbag shop what a good idea Mulberry wad the first. The guys in there sorted me out a replacement strap much better than the one I'd broken about 12 lire I think. I gave him the old strap but I don't think he was very impressed but suggested I might like to buy a handbag. Now there's a thing I hadn't given it a thought cough cough but perhaps I could look at them. The only trouble was that the one of my hearts desire was in the BSG shop. Anyway I looked couldn't see anything and walked on down the road. Walked on down and were passing Class Leather the one with the lovely orange bags that I had seen everyone walking around with and there it was. More to the point I spotted another which I liked even more. So in we went . The lady outside had admired my sandals and as I walked Into the shop she followed me in. I showed her the handbag I loved and she fetched it opened it oh it was wonderful the smell of the leather the finish parfait. There were other ladies in there that buy a handbag there every year and were about to purchase this years model. How Much? Cash sterling or lire? Sterling please well £360 less this and that busily tapping on her calculator it became £180 pounds and an orange bag to put it in. Perhaps we could have a meet up of the orange bag brigade next time we're all in Kalkan. Whoops digressing again Bri looked at me resignedly he knew there was no good putting up a fight and any way it was his fault if he hadn't have fetched the tablets I wouldn't have been well enough to be standing in the shop so the least he could do was kept me buy it. Straight off my death bed and all that. Of course I bought it. It's beautiful and will last me years WELL!
So handbag in orange bag past BSG pah I've got one even nicer than yours so there. Didn't say it but thought it and finally arrived at Fenners for our last morning sojourn. I had a sprite Bri a latte and we drank them in happy contentment. My orange bag stood proudly on the table. We bade farewell for this year and decided to walk around by indigo and along the harbour wall. There were some men fishing and one a English guy just caught a lovely sea bass which was trapped in a bucket. I'm sure it wouldn't be long before it wAs on some bodies plate. We continued walking along the side of Ghent sea. It was very hot so we decided to get a taxi back deposit my bag and then go to Cafe Ev for lunch. See what I mean about Ghent and the. So now you no what Ghent means and more to the point so do I.
We walked up to Cafe Ev and sat in the cool. Two Efes were ordered my stomach was fine and I was close enough to the loo should it be required. Decided on a mushroom omelette couldn't remember whether it comes with chips and as Bri needs some carbohydrate ordered a portion just to be certain. Cafe Ev chips are the vest in a Kalkan. Well in my opinion and although I was the delicate on the Efes and the chips went down a treat.
Back down to Daybreak to finish our packing clean and tidy the apartment and then have a little read before it was time to leave.
I could hear Fiona below her sister has been over for a few days and they were having a swim. They commented on the coolness of the pool and I told them how much it had cooled down over the last week.
Five o'clock nearly ready to go and I could hear a commotion down below. There was a dog barking underneath and I don't know whether I've mentioned the spaniel from the apartments just above the Nur but he was barking and causing chaos trying to get at a cat which quite frankly wasn't bothered. I told Fiona where he was from and she wandered up the hill to serif his owners were about. Of course they wern't meanwhile the dog was a Kami Kazi pilot on the roof of the place next door back into the Nur apartments and we were running round like mad things trying to catch it. He thought it was a great game and just as he was about to take a flying leap into the waste land at the back of the Nur Fiona appeared to say his owners weren't there. I let it go Ennis were due at any moment I was all hot and sweaty after racing round after this flipping dog and he just sat there looking at me as much as to say come on then let's have another game.
Enes arrived. I could hear the spaniel barking as we left I hope his owners realised that he was missing. We sped out of Kalkan onwards towards Dalaman. The driver young had a lovely Rod Stewart tape on . We passed many a tractor full of all those delicious tomatoes and I thought of all the lovely meals we'd had. We stopped at a petrol station to fill up and I nearly jumped out of my skin when somebody tapped the window. Looked up and it was another Ennis driver that had transported us to and fro Kalkan many a time and he shook our hands and wished us a safe journey.
We got to Dalaman in about one and half hours. It was chaos trying to find somewhere to park but finally cases in hand we wheeled our way to the security scanners. No probs at check in and after looking in duty free decided to sit in departures.
Lovely Scottish couple going back to Edinburgh and Bri and he had a discussion about their heart attacks.
The flight was called early I'd gone to look at the boards and saw our flight was boarding didn't even know so we went to the gate and joined the queue.
We had extra leg room seats by the emergency exits doors so felt very self important when a steward came over and told us it was up to us to save the plane should the need arrive and could we read the safety card and the directions on said doors so we knew how to open them should the need arrive. Well have you seen the directions please God don't make me have to do this. I think I would pretend to faint and let someone else save us by the time I'd opened the doors we'd have sunk anyway. Still I knew where my whistle and my light were on my life jacket.
Fabulous flight nice meal and arrived at Brum bang on time.
Daughter there to pick us up and so here we are reflecting on another fabulous holiday in Kalkan. I know that we'll be back but this year was so important after all the trials and tribulations of last year we really did have a wonderful time.
So next year if you see a woman of a certain age with a fabulous Chanel copy on her shoulder and still with the price attached please say hallo Joycie.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
well you saved the best till last, joycie :)
I will miss these lovely reports so much...and the typos have given me an extra laugh. Who knew that you could feed fillet steak to fog...? :laugh: :laugh:
So pleased you had such a happy relaxing time this year (plus a bracelet and a bag...lucky lady ;)). Quite a contrast to last year eh?
So janeb no pressure, but we'd love to hear all about your next Kalkan break.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »
yes please janieb I love reading everybodies reports whether they be serious or irreverent it doesnt matter they're about Kalkan and what can be nicer than that.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Walking in a winter wonderland

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post March 09, 2009, 01:50:11 PM
by Buster
xx
Our Adventures in Paradise

Started by Agent Ottoman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
by samson
xx
Sally's holiday adventures!

Started by Sallyjane on Holiday Reports and Reviews

16 Replies
Last post September 24, 2014, 08:23:35 PM
by pattaya

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal