Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joyce's adventures in wonderland  (Read 36203 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Joyce's adventures in wonderland
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
Joycie....how noble of you to suffer Kleo for the cause!  ;D ;D
I'm glad you have been enjoying Palm Beach....it's been our favourite beach club for the last few years but when I was having a peep at another forum (I know, shock, horror!) there were some quite damning reports about poor service and sun beds being saved for people who paid tips etc. Was getting me a bit worried......so much so that we are sending our daughter out as a spy in a weeks time......ok, well she was going anyway!!  :laugh:

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 10:10:03 PM »
Hi Joycie,

Shaun Ryder from "The Happy Mondays"was pictured at Palm Beach Club today........did you spot him ?

Have a good day !

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:35 PM »
I have some shocking photos of hubby wearing a truly outrageous outfit last year.....he went to Yali in it and only bumped into someone from work! Karma!

The cheesecake at kosk...the greeter, nigel, told us he makes it himself with ingredients he has to get sent from the uk.  Apparently digestives are hard to come by in Kalkan., who knew!!

Offline Alce

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 11:53:32 PM »
Been catchin up with your blog Joycie and loving your posts - can't wait to see the views on the way to Kas. Sorry to hear about your server problems, having to drink all those Efes to get on line must be an awful problem  ;)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 07:55:40 AM »
So we're still inter less ness. Yesterday in a panic texted Mor to ask her what she was doing so I could consult Phil her son. Thought it was my I pad anyway it wasn't but had a lovely beach day at Kalkan. We sat by Kleo and I could use my I pad to my hearts content. Watched people come down and put their towels on the chairs fetch the lovely pads which now adorn them and then disappear for gawd knows how long leaving their chairs unattended, Methinks the Germans have invaded NOT!
Lunchtime came I'd done my blog and so guilt free we went into Kleos. Bri had mushroom omelette with a lovely salad and I had a cheese and ham toastei.it was relatively carbohydrate less so we ordered a plate of chips to go with it. Two Efes made life a little bearable while we waited. The meal came but no chips then Stan appeared and apologised and the waiter who took our order apologised and said they were on there way. We'll we ate our meal still no chips and decided to do without just getting up to pay and a great big plateful of chips arrived on the house. So guess what we ate them.
After a nap and a swim we decided to get a taxi back and have a swim in the pool. Nur hotel? We said patiently. We'll after a Manuel moment and a lot of pointing and to my disgrace I nearly took him up the wrong road we arrived at the Nur.
Dumped our stuff by the pool and straight in. Oh it was bliss.
Sat and talked to a couple of ladies who had spent the day at Yali beach club and had loved it and we're going back again today. The beds are simply divine there.
Wasn't very hungry after our chips so decided to do a salad and have a pizza from paste port. We sat and waited with a couple of beers picked up the pizza and sat on our terrace with a glass of red wine. It was delightful.
Decided not to venture out but after a couple of games of crib we grabbed a sunbed Aeschylus turned off all the lights to wait for the moon to cone up over the hill.having worked in a bookmakers for 32 years I thought romantically a little wager on the side was called fir. Now what time would it appear. I plumped for 945. So at 10.50 and still no sign of the blessed thing we went to bed. All bets void.
Guess what this morning as I lay the table for breakfast the first thing I saw was the moon.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »
Do you know I wouldn't know Shaun Ryder if he was sat on the end of my sunbed. Sorryxx

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
Hi Joycie,

Just read your wonderful report.I will definetly try the beach sunbeds,with new cushions in October.This makes such an improvement to the comfort.Love mushroom omelette with salad and chips..........(a freebee portion at the end is fine by me) and an Efes or two certainly helps !

Are you 100 % sure that Kleo bar has not sabotaged you interweb server......they are doing good business from you.............(The conspiracy theory !! )

I wouldn't worry too much about Shaun Ryder...I am sure he is having a wonderful time chilling,as you and Bri hopefully are.......carry on posting,and of course......Enjoying your hol !

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:53 AM »
Yesterday was a pool day again. It was very hot but first we decided to meander to Carrefour because we could. We walked up there at a slow pace and wandered in to its lovely cool confines. Truth be told it was no different to the other new supermarkets and I doubt we would walk there especially to do our shopping and I wonder if it will go the same way as the other supermarket it replaced.
Wandered down the road and decided to return home but first have a coffee at Nur patisserie. I asked for the password for the internet and it was baklava 2 which I spelt with a c and couldn't of course get connected. I was getting quite frustrated when a kind gentleman showed me the error of my ways. I did what I wanted to  eyed up the wonderful cakes decided against thinking what a good girl am I and wandered back to our lovely apartment. We picked up WH and lay down by the pool. Martyn's was sat by the pool he apologised for our internet problems and said how the internet had become a big plus for rentals and how one villa had suffered greatly because of the lack of it.
We wanted some money because we were eating out so went to the HSBC cash dispenser. The sun was shining straight on it and we couldn't see and a gentleman that was scurrying up the road told his wife had had her purse taken from her handbag which was hanging on the back of her chair in a restaurant the night before. He didn't say which one but they were going home yesterday and he wax going to the police station to get a crime number.I was so sad especially for the couple concerned but also because he had been coming a number of years and never had a problem like us but also because he was convinced it wax someone British that had done if. Surely we haven't come to that!
Anyway wallet repacked we went back to shower ANC change. We were meeting Mor and Dave at the beagle bar for drinkies before we ate. The beagle didn't disappoint and appeared with a lovely bloody bone to chew. As we were laughing and discussing our day with a lovely cool Efes there was a commotion behind us and some poor lady had tripped and fell at the barriers right by the bar. Several people rushed to help but the greatest help were the local Turkish. Shopkeepers. They sat her gingerly down gave her a drink and phoned for a doctor. He speedily arrived and she cried when he touched her arm and we wondered if she'd broken it? A lovely scarf was found to support it and a yellow taxi hastily summoned to ferry her away.Wondered if she'd do the same trip to Fethiye that I did or if they had facilities for breakages closer to home. I noticed money being exchanged between the doctor and herself and thought how lucky we were that the insurance company dealt with everything for us.
Hope she's fine and her arm is now set and on the mend.
So after an ooh ouch moment for this poor woman we made our way back up the hill to Asian Gate. We thought it was going to be a buffet but they said because there was not enough people booked it was the normal menu. Oh well we'll suffer in silence. We mixed the Indian and the Chinese. Bri had lovely chicken spring rolls to start with and I had spare ribs. Dave and Phil shared a starter platter and Mor had veg spring rolls. Oh it was absolutely delicious.We ordered a couple of bottles of house red and a couple of white both served at exactly the right temperature. For mains Bri and I had beef with mushrooms Ali had chicken with beansprouts etc and she said it was the best shed ever had Dave and Phil had vindaloo not sure what mor had. We'd had poppadoms with a delicious dip or three to start off another couple of bottles of wine and then a complimentary brandy each to finish.450 lire in total for the six of us but it was the best Indian/Chinese meal ever. The owners 5 year old in a beautiful red sparkly dress came round and brushed the tables so daintily and then the chef himself appeared and we thanked him for a lovely meal. We asked him where he hot his wonderful chine she's cookery skills from he laughed and said he'd lived him China for a couple of years. Don't think so pulling our legs but it really was the most delicious meal and hopefully we'll be able to partake of the buffet at some point.
We all meandered back down the stairs waved to the greeter at Chilies Mor and co went off to find a taxi and we climbed back up Everest to our lovely apartment.
Day 11 completed 11 more to go. Oh what a wonderful thought.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »
I am almost certain the family with the missing purse were guests of mine - Kalkan regulars - who left Kalkan yesterday. I got a call from my property manager early this morning to say that my cleaners had found a wallet with a large amount of money, cards, Raybans etc. that the previous guests had left behind. I rang the family straight away who were so relieved. They explained they had been to the police and cancelled the cards, but it had taken the edge off their otherwise perfect holiday. You'll be pleased to know that the 'lost' items will be reunited with their owners in the next couple of days. So hopefully, rather than a sad story of possible theft in our lovely town, a heartwarming story of trustworthyness and honesty.

Whilst we're on the subject. in July I withdrew some cash from the ATM at the Denizbank above Yali and stupidly left my card behind. I was halfway down the road almost at the betting shop when an older Turkish man came chasing behind me to give me my card back.

And last year my sister lost her purse - last seen before she got into a taxi at Kleo after a couple of wines late one night. After retracing her steps the next day, we stopped by the taxi rank and spoke to the guys. One of them made a phone call to trace the driver who had made the pick up - who happened to be on a day off. The driver was at home but went out into his cab and found the missing purse. Not only that, he drove down from the mountains to return it to my very relieved sis who was happy to give him a small 'reward' for his trouble and honesty.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
Thank you Christina for letting us know so glad that everything turned out well.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »
Joycie, I am loving your posts every day, what a lovely time you are Bri are having, and your meal at Asian Garry sounded lovely! I hope that the poor lady who fell is okay too. When I read about the missing wallet, I felt so sorry for that lady too, but was so happy to read your post Christina, that it has now been found, it is so nice to hear about people's honesty isn't it?

11 days left of your holiday Joyce, how exciting for you both, but also very exciting for us on EK, because that means at least 11 more of your fab posts to read!  ;D. Hope that doesn't sound too selfish of me!  ;D

Jayne

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »
Joycie, did you wear pink or white to Asian Garry last night, as there is lovely of a group of 6 people having dinner on there today!  :D

Jayne

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 06:11:24 PM »
Yes I noticed a lovely pic of a party of 6 dining at Asian Garry on Facebook too. I wonder if that was you Joycie?
Still loving your reports  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »
Loving your reports, joycie.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Who was it that said that these reports are boring? How wonderful that in this small community we can report on a sad situation, only to find out that there was a happy ending! Glad also to hear that Asian Garry is still living up to expectations!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 06:06:55 AM »
So yesterday was another pool day. First we were going to walk into Kalkan we needed a few bits and bobs and Bri suggested that I choose between the bag at BSG that I have coveted since I first saw it or some silver to adorn my arms or ears. Oh decisions decisions. We walked past BSG it wasn't open yet but my bag was in the window in yet another different colour. Perhaps if I was very very good I could have one in each colour. Some hope or no hope! Past all the jewellers because I really can't make up my mind. Oh we'll we have another 9 days I thought it was 11 miscounted or a bit of wishful thinking.
Into Fenners and one Turkish tea and a fresh orange juice please. Confused them because we always had a latte and a cappuccino buy hey oh a change is as good as a rest. The boats were starting to go out and we waved to the happy people who we're jockeying for position on the front of the boats. Suddenly somebody shouted "oh you're wrapped round my anchor"and when we looked up Zeus not the god but the boat had managed to entangle himself on a flotilla boats anchor. So a nimble sailor from Zeus climbed over the bow of the boat(you can tell we're sailors) we'll I suppose a narrow boat on the Trent and Mersey counts  and pulled up the entangled mess. He was balancing daintily on the anchor chain and if it had been me I'd have got the equivalent of a great big pair of scissors and cut the lot off. Bri always says that I've got no patience. The yacht was moving forward a little and none of the passengers on Zeus seemed bothered sat there drinking tea etc.but the Captain persevered and soon all was unentangled detangled whatever and off they went. Phew it was hard work watching that much physical exercise so early.
We returned to the apartment had a cup of Apple tea and went to the pool. WH was with me and the ladies at the pool all wanted one. I told them that there had been some for sale at CanCan and one of the ladies who knew the owner e mailed him and lo and behold yes he had got two 53 lire each so they were reserved and off she went up the hill to fetch them expect we'll see them today.
Lovely day lazing by the pool had fetched some bread from the bakers underneath the green grocers so we had a plough mans lunch and a glass of wine and then back to the pool.
We wandered down into town hadn't decided where to eat but wasn't it funny the football was on at Yali and so we sat in the front stalls and watched a bit of Man Utd v QPR. I was getting hungry so I eased Bri from his seat and we walked up the steps at the side of Yali bar straight into ISos. I think we surprised them because we walked in under our own steam. They didn't have to tempt us and I think we spoiled their game. It was like walking into a police station to confess our crime. There was only us there but pretty soon it filled up with lovely people mostly English all with the same aim. Eating.
We had a starter of lovely cheese rolls and salad I had a wonderful steak and mixed in the salad was some lovely red cabbage. Bri had lamb casserole which was set aflame at the table and a lovely portion of vegetables I had Creme caramel as pudding a couple of glasses of red 83 lire. It was delicious. We walked out talked to a lovely couple who were sat having a drink and climbed back home.
Just about to go past the Lemon Garden when we remembered Martyn was playing there tonight so we walked in. It was very busy and we waved to Martyn and Fiona sat down and listened to the lovely music he and Cenk made.
Tired we decided to depart. Not even a drink on the balcony tonight but a lovely day nonetheless.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »
Hi Joycie,
What another fab report.You cant keep torturing yourself when walking past BSG,The purchase will have to be made........its inevitable !! The only decision is colour.....or buy one of each colour !

Yes Manchester United were finally off and running with a well needed win under their belt.Watched it at home......but would have far preffered to have been in Yali with an ice cool Efes !

Sounded another delightful,chilled day by the pool. Here's hoping you have a fab day today.
............................................................................................

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
Thank you will do its a hard life xx

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
Hi Joycie, sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to you at the Lemon Garden. It was so busy! But by the time the break had come you had gone! All this work must be tiring you out ;) Lovely reports by the way x

Ps don't forget there's a power cut tomorrow morning between 8am and midday so the internet won't work...get your report in early!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:17:32 PM by MartynE »

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:47 PM »
Thanks Martyn it was a lovely atmosphere in the Lemon Garden but we were tired and decided to meander home to your lovely Daybreak.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Walking in a winter wonderland

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post March 09, 2009, 01:50:11 PM
by Buster
xx
Our Adventures in Paradise

Started by Agent Ottoman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
by samson
xx
Sally's holiday adventures!

Started by Sallyjane on Holiday Reports and Reviews

16 Replies
Last post September 24, 2014, 08:23:35 PM
by pattaya

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

No sunset at Adam's

Views: 3388
By: Alfaman
Letoon