Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Building insurance  (Read 2809 times)

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
Building insurance
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
I have been getting building insurance in Turkey for 10 years but on trying to renew this year I'm told I need a permit number(kimlik). New law. However you only get this if you have residency. So that means you can't insure in Turkey. Not sure if any of this impacts uk companies that insure turkish properties. Is anyone aware of this change?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12055.0

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Building insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
This is news to me although I am resident.  However, it does not make sense because I thought that, irrespective of where you live, DASK (earthquake insurance) was mandatory for all property owners.  Before I became resident they only required tax number and tapu, I think.  In our 10-apartment complex, I am the only resident, but we just renewed DASK and will be renewing Private and Public Liability this month.  There has been no problems for us.

Which insurance company?  We use Ali Tunc from Anadolu in the old Belediye building.

Mark
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:14:38 PM »
Thanks Mark. I use Muharrem Arsali based in the bus station. I will speak to your guy and see if it reports anything different.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
Just an update to this - I used Ali as suggested by Mark and he didn't need a permit number. The insurance company the one in the bus station uses must have this as a new requirement. Now insured through Ali, cheers Mark.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:06:20 AM »
Here is another tidbit regarding insurance -- car insurance.  Might the same be true for home insurance issued without a kimlik?

"More seriously and recently, Turkish Insurance Companies have been claiming that if you
do not have a Turkish driving licence you are breaking the law and so you are driving
illegally and so you have invalidated your insurance. Therefore they will not pay your
claim. This is the same the world over; they want your money but make every excuse
not to pay for the risk that you thought that you had covered. In effect without a Turkish
Driving Licence your Kasko is valueless.

Vehicle Hire companies are aware of this and they may not hire a car to foreign residents
if they do not have a Turkish Driving Licence. Several reputable companies in Kaş
already have this ban in place. "
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Insurance

Started by magic3 on General Discussion

22 Replies
Last post July 29, 2011, 10:30:06 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Insurance

Started by Neil and Denise on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 07:46:48 AM
by chrissy1
xx
Kasko car insurance

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
by Cosetta
xx
SGK Health Insurance

Started by kevincat99 on Living In Kalkan

6 Replies
Last post November 03, 2014, 04:02:08 PM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Metal bras

Views: 4136
By: claire
Kalkan