Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Goodbye Kalkan, hello Fish Bowl  (Read 11518 times)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Goodbye Kalkan, hello Fish Bowl
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »
Yet another example of Kalkan snobbery , who do YOU think you are to try and tell the " Turks  " how to run their own Places,they have to earn as much money as they can in 6 months,to pay high bills and support themselves and their families over the winter months,they are not all rich 4x4 driving moguls.
If you dont like what is happining to " your " Kalkan ..... DONT VISIT KALKAN !
I would rather see someone enjoying themselves,on a break they have saved for,than listen to someone moaning about what another person is DRINKING !
If I have caused offence to anyone in my post ....... TOUGH !
Fidimax .
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline ak1945

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
FFS!! Chicken licken "sky falling in" Forum is said to be quiet? Everyone on here wonders why. Then a troll posts and everyone is jumping up and down!  >:D If you wonder why the forum is quiet just look at yourselves. Then I remember seeing loads of very happy nice people in Kalkan last week and know that Kalkan is not as portrayed here

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »
Well said ak1945, Kalkan's Full of lovely people, Brits, Turks & others  ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
My partner Graham and I have been visiting kalkan since 2001 however due to various reasons we have not been in the last 2 years until June of this year. Therefore it was, after reading some of the posts on here that we returned with some trepidation. Would there be crowds of lager louts and scantily clad laddettes vomiting in the streets, Karoke bars, bingo and heaven forbid Mcdonalds? The answer is a resounding NO!. The essence of kalkan remains the same, lovely restaurants, beautiful scenery and most importantly, gentle, welcoming locals who remembered us and were happy to see us again. Of course there have been some changes but none so drastic as some might suggest on this forum. Yes young people do go to Kalkan, but that has always been the case as many of them have grown up having spent their holidays here with their parents and still retain a love of kalkan.  What I did notice was a profligation of "Hooray Henry" types, the types with more money than sense! Not so much "Tim nice but dim" but "Dick nice but thick"! An example of this was in Kalamaki restaurant one night when "Dick nice but thick" ordered the linguine in squid ink. When it arrived he duly asked the waiter if it was edible. We so wanted the waiter to reply " we are a top class restaurant in Kalkan and therefore only serve inedible food!"  Any way we were very much re-assured by our recent visit that kalkan hasn't turned into Mamaris overnight!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »
Glad you had a good time Loretta and Kalkan's still the place we all fell in love with the first time. There's bound to be changes over the years for better or worse, unfortunately as much we'd probably like time can't stand still. The diversity of people there make the place what it is, visitors from all walks of life and cultures. Think we'd all agree variety is the spice of life. Going out there in august and can't wait, bumping into old friends and hopefully making new, think we'll love it as much as we always have in the past.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
Thank you Clara I hope you have as lovely a time in August as we did in June.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 10:19:28 PM »
So glad you had a fab holiday Loretta and that Kalkan remains the same wonderful place we all love.
Loved your observations too.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »
Great post, Lorretta and welcome back to the forum :)
I think Kalkan is what you make it.....if you want to make your stay miserable by mourning the Kalkan of yesteryear then go ahead. Spend your hard earned money and time off in a state of perpetual doom and gloom. Or go with the flow, recognise that nothing stays the same forever but Kalkan still remains a special place and you will find your own little piece of paradise if you want to....just like Lorretta  :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan cat

Views: 3046
By: saskia
swim stop heaven