Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Goodbye Kalkan, hello Fish Bowl  (Read 11520 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Goodbye Kalkan, hello Fish Bowl
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »
Bizarrely enough my daughter has a goldfish! Maybe that will curtail her fishbowl drinking? Actually I have no idea if she drinks cocktails from fishbowls but I know that her and her friends all love shisha......it's become very trendy, but hey that's a good old Turkish tradition!  >:D

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
Fish bowls and spotlights ??? ??? ??? ???  Each to their own >:D >:D >:D >:D  Bye Bye Kalkan, it was great knowing you, glad I met you when you were lovely :( :( :( :(

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
We (6 of us) had a meal in tanZore last night then after we went to Mojitos ( next door ) for a night cap. Yeah it's not for me, but I'm 54 so that makes sense,  it's aimed at 20/30 year olds of which there were plenty of in there, all Very well behaved, sitting outside or dancing inside, what is wrong with that, they need somewhere to go out while on holiday surely  ???

In my opinion most of these youngsters are the kids of villa / apartment owners not groups of kids just on holiday, I don't think groups of kids would look at Kalkan and say..."ahhh it looks great, lets go there on holiday", as already said, the air fares, long transfer, accommodation prices etc would put most of them right off. Also the youngsters I have seen in Kalkan are Very well behaved, not the sort to be throwing up in the street, causing fights, drug taking etc.....imo Kalkan even attracts a better class of young person ?

Oh, does it really matter what you drink a cocktail out of  ::) ??? ::)

Enjoy Kalkan  ;)   8)  ;)

As for the search light.....is there anyone out there who can lend me an air gun  >:D >:D >:D
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Automan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
    • www.baseautobodies.co.uk
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
I just love being on holiday in Kalkan away from the stresses of work.
I don't really believe that Kalkan is going to turn into an Ibiza type place because of the cost! Everything in Kalkan is way more expensive than other resorts in Turkey that are purely marketed to the younger tourist. Mind you I could just go an Efes fish bowl now

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »
Kalkan is changing? Really? Well, welcome to reality.......get over it. If you don't like a specific aspect then swerve it. No need for diva strops you can still enjoy the rest of Kalkan.....you could even start a new forum "Enjoyed Historic Kalkan"

Can you not just avoid Mojito and drink your cocktail elsewhere? If you can't then Ok kalkan's no longer your little bit of paradise. Your loss though... 

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Have no problem with the fish bowl but the searchlight is a differnt thing. Someone drinking a cocktail out of a fish bowl or sweaty boot doesn't interfere with my pleasure but a searchlight scanning the sky at night interferes with my peaceful vista. I wonder if anyone has complained to the beledeye?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
Well said Kalkan regular......I wonder if the results of the poll on ktln get fed to anyone official as not surprisingly people are overwhelmingly against the lights

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
Look what I found...me drinking from a fishbowl 3 years ago in OluDeniz...I don't even have a straw!!!! Naughty person!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »
I personally think my white blonde hair is more offensive...what WAS I thinking?! Lol  :o :o :o

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »
PW - I think you have missed the point ??? ??? ??? 

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
Ha ha, we all do embarrassing things when we're young..................and sometimes when we're all grow'd up as well.

Holidays are for fun and life's for living. I think we all need to bear that in mind............Just remembered drinking brandys in Gourmet, the glasses were bigger than your goldfish bowl. Strangely no-one was complaining about chaviness that night.

pw

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
Martyn E

For your information,  I am not this Baz person whoever his - but your reply says an awful lot about the type of person you are. No valid, mature or reasoned argument, just a puerile personal attack - just the kind of apathetic response from the type of person who my post mentions is part of the problem.

If you have nothing positive or constructive to say or cannot stick to the post topic, please don't waste your time replying to my posts. They do you a disservice and say much more about you than they do myself.

QED.

However, I fail to see how any part of my post could be construed as a personal attack, Bazza. Surely it's praising you for your stance?

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
Anyone fancy a curry   >:D  ;)  >:D

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
Anyone fancy a curry   >:D  ;)  >:D

ROFLOL

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2013, 07:32:01 PM »
Ha ha, we all do embarrassing things when we're young..................and sometimes when we're all grow'd up as well.

Holidays are for fun and life's for living. I think we all need to bear that in mind............Just remembered drinking brandys in Gourmet, the glasses were bigger than your goldfish bowl. Strangely no-one was complaining about chaviness that night.

pw

Totally agree pw! As long as your fun on holiday doesn't cause other people alarm or upset then there's no issue! I'm also pretty sure my G&T's from Musty at Vita have more alcohol than a fishbowl any day!

Martyn - don't rise to it, this jg64 character is trolling us trying to cause friction! Leave them to it.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »
Agent Ottoman... I know, I know. It's just that sometimes I can't help myself when someone is making such daft, sweeping generalisations.

Note to self: ignore the trolls... ;)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
We adore Kalkan but have to admit it has changed since we first went in 2002! Then, there were no buildings between what are now the Emir apartments and the car park and the Kalamar Road hardly existed. In those days, there was the Moonlight and Yali bar, a few shops, the beach and a trio of beach clubs. We still love it but it's not the same place as it was. Having said that, I don't agree that it's turning into a Marmaris clone.

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2013, 10:40:48 PM »
The fish bowl is yesterday's news. Our 19 year old told us this morning that he and his friends had a great night in down town Kalkan. The new drinking vessel of the moment is the jam jar!
Long Island ice teas etc  in a jam jars!! L

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
It's a 'funny old world' we first came to kalkan in 2008, and now one of our fav things is going  'home' along the (new) kalamar road' to the peace kalamar has to offer compared to Kalkan town, you can hear a pin drop here....I'm sat on our terrace right now watching the 'Big Moon' slowly working its way over kalamar bay.....it's stunning, pinch me  ;) 8) ;)

South London.....your welcome to it  ::) 8) ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Happy Days

Views: 2835
By: LancashireLass
DSCF2058.JPG