Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Indian restaurant in Kalkan  (Read 40223 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Indian restaurant in Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
My thoughts exactly BL  >:(

Thanks for your opinion bazza1970.

--------------------------------------------

Full English breakfast
Beans on toast
Chicken curry
Beans on toast
Ditto with cheese
Pizza ( 11 to choose from including Hawaiian, Mexican or create your own )
Hamburger
Cheese burger
Cheese bacon burger
Chicken burger
Fish fingers and chips
Home made chips
Bacon sandwich
Sausage sandwich
Sausage and chips
Egg and chips
Fried bread
Greek salad
Spaghetti bolognese
Spaghetti carbonara

All of the above food can all be found on menus in Kalkan. Actually they can all be found on one menu, that menu been the Very very popular Cafe Vita restaurant run by Mustafa, a lovely local business man giving his customers what they want, I don't believe he is trying to turn Kalkan into Bodrum or Marmaris. by doing this, do you ?

Also while on this subject I was at the Parc Kalkan quiz last Tuesday and some people were having meals ( food is Very good in Parc ).... Here is a selection of what some people were eating, fish & chips, the battered variety !, pizza and hamburger & chips not a chicken Shish in sight  ::) 8) ::)

I really don't get the connection between English Junk food and Indian cuisine  ???  :o ???

Thoughts please ?

Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »
No-one is telling anyone here what to eat. It's just that the whole beauty of visiting a country is to experience its cuisine, not pseudo English high street tucker. If people want curry, go down to your local curry house or better still, visit India. I go to Turkey because I love Turkish people, Turkish culture and Turkish food and the very last thing I want to do, see, hear, smell or eat is the taste of anything that reminds me of why I went on holiday in the first place ie., to get away from this God-foresaken country and all the dross that inhabits it!
Owner, holidaymaker and Kalkan lover

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
I would also add that yes, it is possible to find isolated English dishes on many menus but in the main, they are mostly Turkish or Mediterranean. That is how it should stay. Tourist resorts get the tourists they deserve and over the past forty years, the British have single-handedly destroyed the charm and cultural individuality of these by stamping their will and their culture all over them. Spain is ruined, Greece and many parts of Italy too. In recent years, Cyprus has all but become a sunny version of Blackpool. Turkey, since its emergence as a major tourist destination has, resort by resort, succumbed to the will of this chip loving nation and now decent people who love to visit a country and adopt the "when in Rome" attitude either face living among well known British high street brands and a plethora of Sky TV bashing out sport to fat, beer bellied chavs - or find pastures new. It would be a terrible shame if Kalkan were to go down that road and it matters not how many times someone has been to a place (I have only been 11), it is always a great loss to the heart when the British impose their identity and culture over a once peaceful and indigenous resort. Long may Kalkan stay innocent and free from the curse of the burger brigade!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 09:50:08 AM »
I adore Kalkan but it isnt uniquely Turkish anymore its being changed by arrogant Brits who want wo turn it into their bit of England. Wherever you go in the world you can taste different cultures. Chinese New Year everywhere you go fabulous. If you dont like it dont go SIMPLES.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
We are all entitled to our opinions and i actually agree with a lot of what you say, but come on its only food, it's hardly foam party's  8) ;)  8)

We are talking international cuisine here  ::)    Are you of the opinion that pizza should only be sold in Italy, paella in Spain, curry in India etc etc ?

Bazza do you mind me asking what you drink ( that's if you do drink ) while on holiday  ???

Please let's not turn this thread into a series of personal rants as that gets us nowhere  :-* :) :-*

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Agree with Onelove, " it is only food" , Kalkan is still beautiful Kalkan no matter what is on the menus

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »
A group of 17 of us went to Hisaronu yesterday and had a brilliant meal at the Shine restaurant. This is where the chef who cooks the Indian at Mousakka works. Hope there is going to be an Indian restaurant in Kalkan. It will be great for us in Winter who have very limited options of where to eat. There are lots of restaurants in Kalkan open during the Summer, so no-one has to eat anything that they don't want. Has been said before 'live and let live'.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »
Yeah M n M how good would that be, they say it will be open All year round.

How much did you pay per person for the curry, excluding drink ?

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
The set meal cost 20TL. Poppadoms and chutneys, choice of starter and choice of curry with rice or naan bread.
Great value and excellent food.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »
Wow, what fantastic value.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
I'm wondering if I can get a Pide in Mumbai?
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
In answer to your question one love, I drink Ayran during the day and a mixture of Rose Lal and cold Efes in the evening. I don't touch English beers, I have a Sainsburys at home. When I'm in Tukey, I like to drink local drinks.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »
Thanks for your reply bazza.

What colour is your Fez.              Only a little joke  ;) :P ;)

Offline olive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
Do you have a vested interest in this Indian restaurant Onelove? 

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 02:41:55 PM »
No.   A friend of mine has.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
....sorry should of added that I can if I want though  ??? ??? ???

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »
I drink Ayran during the day and a mixture of Rose Lal and cold Efes in the evening.
A mixture of Rose Lal and Efes? That sounds disgusting, doesn't it froth up in the glass too much?  ;D ;D
B

Offline bazza1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »
No, it doesn't froth too much

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
If every country can only serve the food that is native to that country then we wouldn't have Indian, Chinese, Italian, etc in the UK. I personally feel it would be a worse place without the cultural diversity of food.

Some peole spend quite a long time in Kalkan during the course of a year with long stays, multiple visit or living there and so welcome some diversity. Barry you have visited 6 times in 5 years, probably for 2 weeks each time so obviously you haven't the time to feel the need for a change of food choice. I wonder if you only eat English food in England and if so why do you restrict yourself to this? If you do eat foods imported from other cultures why do you want to restrict those in Kalkan to a lesser choice?

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »
If every country can only serve the food that is native to that country then we wouldn't have Indian, Chinese, Italian, etc in the UK. I personally feel it would be a worse place without the cultural diversity of food.

Some peole spend quite a long time in Kalkan during the course of a year with long stays, multiple visit or living there and so welcome some diversity. Barry you have visited 6 times in 5 years, probably for 2 weeks each time so obviously you haven't the time to feel the need for a change of food choice. I wonder if you only eat English food in England and if so why do you restrict yourself to this? If you do eat foods imported from other cultures why do you want to restrict those in Kalkan to a lesser choice?

Here here  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm October 07

Views: 4352
By: Kalkan-Mina
Sunset over Kalkan